ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Men that wear pajama pants in public

StyleKnight

All American
Jan 13, 2012
Jeans are just as easy to put on and just as comfortable. Why would you ever think pajama pants are a good idea? Are you trying to signal to everyone else that you've given up on life?

Bad enough at Walmart, but taking a cross country flight? Jesus says...I suffered on the cross for these schleps?!

And ladies, public pajama pants aren't "cute" on you either. Same goes for baggy sweat pants.

I'm wearing pajama pants right now (granted I haven't left my house all day). Maybe I'll go out and mow my lawn with them just to piss off everybody in this thread :)

Reactions: RU5781
Mowing the lawn doesn't count in my book. It's more of a leave the property situation. Much prefer pajama pants over shirtless for no reason, sweaty moobs mower.

I don't care what other people think but I started wearing pajama pants out after 9:00 pm to run to the store. I noticed other are starting to catch on to the new trend.

I am getting sick and tired of closet homosexuals in jeans checking me out everywhere in my pajamas!

I cant believe how many men look at my butt when theyre with their wives and im with mine.

Am I alone in this?

On the other hand, today in the Shoprite parking lot was a woman wearing skin tight yoga pants. Her ass and legs looked so sexy. I didn't want to get caught looking at her.

Reactions: MikeR0102
Jeans are just as easy to put on and just as comfortable. Why would you ever think pajama pants are a good idea? Are you trying to signal to everyone else that you've given up on life?

Because their Dad's thought it was cool to wear warm-up pants wherever they went (from airline flights to dinners, etc...).

It runs in the family.

If you wear either...you have given up on life.

I'm not sure if they signal regression or an advance from the Joey Buttafucco workout pants from the 1980s. Either way, not a great choice.

I don't wear pajama pants indoors, let alone stroll out into public with such blasphemous fashion. However, gym sweatpants for quick grocery/coffee trips (or long drives) are fair game. It's much less common here in NYC though, with the exception of gym-goers and runners..

..On a side note, a sizable portion of the female population here is more than welcome to wear yoga pants in public anytime.

Since now I know this will create tension in some people's lives, will now wear pajama pants while curling in the squat rack.

I noticed this in Shop Rite the other day and granted I am in south jersey, but I was still surprised to see a guy in pajama pants and flip flops with his small baby in the shopping cart, looked a mess.

Yoga pants are perhaps one of the GREATEST fashion inventions ever. I challenge anyone to come up with something better in the fashion timeline.

i'm more so inclined to wear pajama pants in public now that i know it pisses some of you off that badly that it needs a thread on a football board

All you guys considering wearing jammies to piss people off, I have something better: Next time you're in a confined public space, like an airplane, conference room, etc., try full-blown sh#tting yourself. That'll piss people off way more than jam-jams and will show 'em you're beholden to no man!

I am an old person and I wear it for shock value but only at night when I'm getting a snack and don't want to change into my sweat pants.

Only did it 1-3 times but now that I know other people do it I wasn't feel funny wearing them.

Years ago, living in Virginia I was visiting my widowed father who lived by himself at our long-time home in north Jersey. He was 89 or 90 years old but still got around by himself pretty well. I noticed he was wearing an oxford dress shirt and dark pajama pants. He looked very comfortable. I asked him if he goes anywhere dressed that way. He laughed knowingly and said, yes, sometimes he goes by bus to the grocery store that way. And no one on the bus or at the store has seemed to notice. He is gone years now but I think of him admiringly almost every day.

So be careful about who you think is beneath you. They may be pretty great people.

Last edited:
All you guys considering wearing jammies to piss people off, I have something better: Next time you're in a confined public space, like an airplane, conference room, etc., try full-blown sh#tting yourself. That'll piss people off way more than jam-jams and will show 'em you're beholden to no man!
U mad bro?

I haven't owned pajamas since I was a kid. Wearing pants to sleep sounds really uncomfortable. Basketball shorts at most.

I did it. I went outside and mowed in the pajama pants. (But before I went out food shopping I switched into real pants.)

About 15 years ago, my wife bought me these stupid looking pajama bottom shorts with stripes that I sometimes wore around the house. One Saturday afternoon in the summer, I forgot that I was wearing them and walked outside to water the plants in my front yard. After about 5 minutes I noticed that my neighbors were all eyeballing me. I then realized that my pajama shorts looked exactly like boxer shorts underwear. As soon as I ran back into the house, I threw them away and made my wife promise to never buy them for me again.

This thread was tailor made (no pun intended) for NYC Banker. I wonder where he's been.

I noticed this in Shop Rite the other day and granted I am in south jersey, but I was still surprised to see a guy in pajama pants and flip flops with his small baby in the shopping cart, looked a mess.

Yoga pants are perhaps one of the GREATEST fashion inventions ever. I challenge anyone to come up with something better in the fashion timeline.

The short shorts with Rutgers across the ass. I miss those.

Edit: Looking at them, not wearing them. No one needs any part of that...

A woman in skin tight yoga pants is sexy as hell

Agreed, especially some early versions which were so sheer that they were actually see through. Parking yourself on a treadmill behind a cardio bunny wearing sheer yoga pants was a great way to get through 50 minutes of cardio.

If they were just as comfortable, do you go to sleep in your jeans?

ADVERTISEMENT