ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Newark international to newark penn station

CodyRU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2007
Happy 4th everyone. My girlfriend gets into EWK Monday morning. I'll be at work so I can't pick her up. So her only option is public transportation back to Somerville. How does she accomplish this? Does the EWK Airtran train go directly to Newark Penn? Or is there another transfer in there somewhere?

Hmmm. Not sure if this is a play on the mo post.

If serious, air train to Newark airport train station. Get on a train to New York City. First stop on train is Newark penn.

If serious, air train to Newark airport train station. Get on a train to New York City. First stop on train is Newark penn.

Not sure what the Mo post is, but this is 100% serious!

The above is true.
Other option is get a bus from Newark airport to Newark Penn Station.

Reactions: Candlewood
If she has to go all the way to Somerville why not take the south-bound NJTransit train to MertoPark and jump a cab from there?

If she has to go all the way to Somerville why not take the south-bound NJTransit train to MertoPark and jump a cab from there?

Because she can get a train from Newark Penn Station directly to Somerville (on the Raritan Valley Line) that will take the same amount of time that it takes to get to MetroPark. She will also not have to pay for a cab and take the 30 minute ride.

Just follow what superfan01 posted above.

There is a bus that goes directly from the airport to Newark Penn station, look up bus times on njstransit.com, will cost less than 2 dollars probably. I have taken it with luggage before with no issue.

Because she can get a train from Newark Penn Station directly to Somerville (on the Raritan Valley Line) that will take the same amount of time that it takes to get to MetroPark. She will also not have to pay for a cab and take the 30 minute ride.

Just follow what superfan01 posted above.
If it takes you 30 minutes to drive from Metuchen to Somerville you should try it with the emergency brake off.

If she's a significant other make her day be a big timer get a car service to meet her at the airport an take her to Somerville she will be home in 50 minutes and the driver will schlep her bags. It will cost you around $110.00 including tip) (that's what it costs to Somerset) and save her 2-3 hours of hassle. I'm sure she would be appreciative! (I use A-1 out of Princeton)

If she is truly a significant other, and is thinking about "our money", instead of your money and my money, then she may not be appreciative of wasting $110 on a car service when she is perfectly capable of taking a $15 train ride.

If it takes you 30 minutes to drive from Metuchen to Somerville you should try it with the emergency brake off.

Were you born an a-hole or did it happen later in life? So Mapquest has it at 21 minutes. The point was that she could take NJ Transit from EWR to Somervile and thereby save time and money by eliminating a 20-30 minute cab ride.

Were you born an a-hole or did it happen later in life? So Mapquest has it at 21 minutes. The point was that she could take NJ Transit from EWR to Somervile and thereby save time and money by eliminating a 20-30 minute cab ride.
wow...and the usual ..........thread digresses into name calling....classy

ADVERTISEMENT