ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

rempe was taking 4th line, line rushes in practice today with brodz looking on. Seems like a decent chance he's in the game 1 lineup
He has to be in the lineup game one, Wilson is going to attempt to establish himself and set the tone for the series early.
Can’t just let him run around, gotta have someone to fight him that doesn’t mess with the lineup.
I’ll gladly take Wilson off the ice with Rempe

4th line and stout defense lead Rangers to a fairly easy win in game 1. Rempe opening the playoff scoring is just crazy.

4th line and stout defense lead Rangers to a fairly easy win in game 1. Rempe opening the playoff scoring is just crazy.

When challenged with the game decided he just smiled and didn't take the bait. To be continued.

I know the 4th line got the glory but I thought the best line was the Wennberg line.. Ovi has zero shots on goal matched against the 3rd line

Easy guy to root for. Just 21 years old, father died 6 years ago and it was the 1st time his mom saw him play at MSG.
Saw that in his postgame presser. That's so cool. Imagine your son playing in the world most famous arena as a 21 year old and hearing the entire arena chant his name when he steps on the ice and then the crowd goes insane when he scores? Had to be an emotional day for her.

Furthermore, rempe said the prior night they went to dinner and he was walking her around the city because she's never been. Said they had to make 10 reservations to get in somewhere haha. He's really just an impossible kid to not root for, always happy, truly honored to be playing at this level. He's the best story of the rangers season imo

Reactions: RUpop and T2Kplus20
Saw that in his postgame presser. That's so cool. * Imagine your son playing in the world most famous arena as a 21 year old and hearing the entire arena chant his name when he steps on the ice and then the crowd goes insane when he scores? Had to be an emotional day for her.

Furthermore, rempe said the prior night they went to dinner and he was walking her around the city because she's never been. Said they had to make 10 reservations to get in somewhere haha. He's really just an impossible kid to not root for, always happy, truly honored to be playing at this level. He's the best story of the rangers season imo
I'm sure he was too innocent to ask but someone from the Rangers should have taken care of that.

* Different venue and experience but it was pretty cool seeing my nephew play the Stone Pony for the first time and listening to the crowd go crazy when he soloed.

Washington played desperate for parts of this game but the Rangers found a way like many games this year. Held Ovi to one shot.

One other thing. Eight Rangers goals, Eight different scorers

Last edited:
Reactions: KK1827
Rangers “take” 6 penalties and kill them all, plus a shorty.

I think the potential of Rempe/Wilson drama is causing the refs to call this series tight.

Now up 3-0 and break that mini streak of losing playoff series after going up 2-0. This one isn’t testing the Rangers at all. It’s like playoff a casual round of golf with the Masters coming up next week.

All the complaints about Rempe are taking a toll. The hit on vanRiemsdyk may have been a touch late, in which case 2 minutes is fair. But, people are saying he left his feet; not true. He didn't raise his arms, and, frankly, in real time he hit him within a second of him releasing the puck.

Regardless, the penalty was called, so that can't be changed. But, Rempe has been labeled a dirty player, and outside the Siegenthaler hit, I call bullshit.

if anyone else on the ice made that hit with that timing it wouldn't have been called. Rempe got a penalty for being bigger than everybody else, not for interference. . The NHL network guys were all over that.

Rangers “take” 6 penalties and kill them all, plus a shorty.

I think the potential of Rempe/Wilson drama is causing the refs to call this series tight.

Now up 3-0 and break that mini streak of losing playoff series after going up 2-0. This one isn’t testing the Rangers at all. It’s like playoff a casual round of golf with the Masters coming up next week.
Defeating the Hurricanes will be an enormous task.
We still play way too much hockey in our own end…. Period

Defeating the Hurricanes will be an enormous task.
We still play way too much hockey in our own end…. Period

Carolina is a team built for the playoffs. And so is Florida, so crazy tough road ahead.
Carolina is without one of their top defensemen in Brett Pesce, at least for the rest of the series with the Isles. Which opens up room for Tony D’Angelo…always intriguing.

But still — they will be a giant challenge. Night and day compared to this Caps faux playoff team.

Carolina is without one of their top defensemen in Brett Pesce, at least for the rest of the series with the Isles. Which opens up room for Tony D’Angelo…always intriguing.

But still — they will be a giant challenge. Night and day compared to this Caps faux playoff team.
My analogy of the Rangers metrics admittedly completely ignores how opportunistic we are, how good our special teams are or our goaltending.
it’s a very simplistic fact, we spend way to much of the game defending.

My analogy of the Rangers metrics admittedly completely ignores how opportunistic we are, how good our special teams are or our goaltending.
it’s a very simplistic fact, we spend way to much of the game defending.
And defending poorly

LOL to the NHL for penalizing certain teams for going over the cap with overages and bonuses, but NOT doing anything to Vegas!

Come on they should have to work around the Stone money they keep doubling for the playoffs.

LOL to the NHL for penalizing certain teams for going over the cap with overages and bonuses, but NOT doing anything to Vegas!

Come on they should have to work around the Stone money they keep doubling for the playoffs.
How can they penalize Vegas when no rules were broken by them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT