ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Rangers down 3-2 to the Bolts

RUaMoose

Heisman Winner
Oct 31, 2004
Lebanon, TN
Unlike the last two series, Hank looks pedestrian at best. That gives this series a different feel, one where I now can see the Bolts pulling it off ! Game 4 will be interesting. If the Bolts go up 3-1, it spells utter doom for the blueshirts as they're not pulling a rabbit out of the hat and coming back from 3-1 down against this team. No way, no how.

This thread again?

Thanks for doing it one game earlier this series. Should help out my Rangers.

Some of the reasons the Rangers are struggling (St Louis, Boyle) have been there all season. The worrisome thing as a Ranger fan (besides Lundquist) is that even the best defensemen are struggling with Tampa's speed.

Come on Kryptonite!

zbjJINno_400x400.jpeg

Some of the reasons the Rangers are struggling (St Louis, Boyle) have been there all season. The worrisome thing as a Ranger fan (besides Lundquist) is that even the best defensemen are struggling with Tampa's speed.
Yeah, I agree. It really feels like the momentum turned big time. That said, they were still only one shot away from winning in OT. It's not as if they folded after giving up 4 straight goals.

Devils fans -- go back under the bridge you came out from.

As for the rangers - this is 3 eastern conference finals in 4 seasons. I've got no reason to hang my head on this team

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Tampa's top line is playing unworldly..

You knew Henry would fall back to earth after almost singlehandedly winning the last series for NY.

game 4 is huge. It's possible, but don't see NYR coming back from 3-1 again, especially vs. this team.

Devils fans -- go back under the bridge you came out from.

As for the rangers - this is 3 eastern conference finals in 4 seasons. I've got no reason to hang my head on this team

You mean that that bridge that has 3 Stanley Cup banners hanging from its rafters
Listen I am a Devils fan, but i am not what you would call a Ranger Hater. I respect the way they rebuilt the franchise after some very lean years.

I also give credit where credit is due.
The Rangers are a much better team than the Devils currently, but the Devils have won significantly more hardware in less time since Franchise inception 41 Years ago as the Kansas City Scouts than the Rangers have in their 89 Year history as a member of the original 6.

Let compare:
Rangers: 89 Year History: 4 Cups ( 8 appearances), 3 Presidents trophies, 2 Conference Championships, and 8 Division Titles
Devils: 41 Year History: 3 Cups (5 appearances), 5 Conference Championships, 9 Division Championships.

So for Rangers fan to show absolutely no respect to the accomplishments or their key adversary over the last decades just show how narrow minded they are as fans of the game.

I will also say as a Hockey fan that the Rangers just flat out do not match up well with Tampa Bay's speed, and need King Henrique to wake up ti have a shot of rebounding here.
Henrique has given up 6 goals against the Lightning on 6 occasions in his career.

I think the Lightning will win it in 6

Reactions: Rokodesh
Tampa is good. I mean really good and they are on a roll now. As I fan, I was nervous about this matchup from the beginning, just like I was nervous about the Kings in the Finals last year. While I didn't think we had a chance vs. the Kings, I do think we have the capability to score on Bishop and take this series with good goal tending play. Well, the last 2 nights we are scoring but our defense is giving Tampa way to many good looks at the net and are having a real time handling that second line. Meanwhile Henrik looks quite human. (I mean how did he let up THAT goal to end OT?)

With that said, if the Rangers pull it out Friday and end up taking the series, will I have to keep bumping this thread or will people like the OP man up and come back here? My guess is they won't.

So for Rangers fan to show absolutely no respect to the accomplishments or their key adversary over the last decades just show how narrow minded they are as fans of the game.

No Rangers fan (in this thead) is doing that. You are of course correct that the Devils have more hardware in any of our lifetimes than the Rangers do.

What is annoying is a Devils starting this thread, after being embarrassed by a similar thread last series.

We may lose this series (TB scares the hell out of me, and they were the match-up I did not want since the playoffs started), but that aside, the OP here is ridiculous and Rangers fans have a right to call him out on it.

I really want to see Blackhawks v Lightning. As someone who doesn't have a horse in the race and loves playoff hockey that match-up has great potential.

What do rangers fans attribute the collapse in defense too?

1. TB is pretty damn good, in this Rangers fan's opinion.
2. TB has had some very very impressive subtle head fakes that have fooled Lundqvist where he was expecting a shot and next thing you now some winger receives a laser accurate pass in front of a wide open net.
3. TB's shooting accuracy is crazy good. They have a lot of mojo right now and they are hitting their spots -- both shooting and passing
4. TB's style yields a lot of open ice.
5. The Rangers have not been able to control the puck as much as they need to. Best way to counter TB's speed and skill is to force them to play defense. We haven't been able to do that the last two games. We did this masterfully in game 1.
6. Lundqvist, unfortunately, has been more human than we are accustomed to seeing him. And while I hate saying this. I think TB shooters are in his head.

Hats off to TB - they are on fire and they are flat out the better team the last two games.

As a Rangers fan, I still have hope. It's a one game series. TB is mostly untested in the playoffs. Their goalie can be scored upon. Our defensemen have a pedigree that you want, even though they have been embarrassed the last two games. Our team is pretty resilient and maintains the mentality you need in these situations.

Game 4 is as close to a must win as you can get -- I will admit that.

What do rangers fans attribute the collapse in defense too?

A few things.

#1 penalties- they've been undisciplined and it cost them games two and three.
#2 fatigue. Going seven games with multiple OT toward the end in a physical washington series. Then coming out and playing a fast Tampa team.
#3 Board play/possession- they have not been able to cycle the puck in the offensive zone consistenly. Game three was played mostly in their own end. Stop and start skating chasing pucks is exhausting.
#4 The triplets on are FIRE. Period end of story.

All that is without even mentioning that Nash and St Louis have been totally invisible all playoffs.

I am a Devils fan and until I learned otherwise from reading this thread, I thought the original poster was a Rangers fan starting this thread either sarcastically or as good luck after what happened once the same thread was made in the last round. Seriously, you are never out of a series until you lose four games. The past does not determine what will happen in the future. Lundqvist gave up 12 goals in the last two games, but he could go ahead and put forth three straight shutouts now for all we know. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, and don't give up on your team before they're done.

Must win game for Tampa Bay. Two of the next 3 are in NY. You Ranger haters have it backwards. Bolts don't win this game, they are screwed. Tonight is a virtual game 7. It decides the outcome.

Devils fans = Mets fans = Jets fans. Always a victim, despite any success, always trolling the traditional NY teams and calling anyone who responds a hater.

Devils fans = Mets fans = Jets fans. Always a victim, despite any success, always trolling the traditional NY teams and calling anyone who responds a hater.

At least the NJ Devils have one all their cups (3) since 1999...two THIS century...the Rangers have 4 and prior to 1994 you have to go pre-Pearl Harbor to find one...let's not pretend like the Rangers are some sort of elite team in terms of history...only Montreal, Toronto and Detroit fit that bill.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Incredibly, Tyler Johnson is a clone of St Louis when he was young. As useless as St Louis is now, and he is worthless...he was that good in his youth.
Nash even without scoring has a relative impact on the game, St Louis may as well put on a Tampa jersey, he's that bad.

At least the NJ Devils have one all their cups (3) since 1999...two THIS century...the Rangers have 4 and prior to 1994 you have to go pre-Pearl Harbor to find one...let's not pretend like the Rangers are some sort of elite team in terms of history...only Montreal, Toronto and Detroit fit that bill.

That is a good point. You can't compare the Devils to the Mets or Jets.
The Jets have won ONE Super Bowl in 48 years....and that was 46 years ago...bit of a drought.
The Mets have won TWO World Series in 53 years.....the last in 1986....29 years ago....so half of the posters here haven't seen their beloved Amazins win it all.
Give the Devils credit for having a tad more success than THAT. And I'm a Rangers fan...since before there were Mets, Jets, or Devils.

Reactions: Rokodesh
Rangers did not look good the past two games and still didn't look good for the first two periods tonight, but Henrik saved their asses in those first two periods, after numerous horrible mental miscues in front of Lundqvist gave TB several golden chances. I also thought Bishop played fairly poorly, allowing the Rangers to win going away. Rangers got the bounces tonight, especially on the fluky goal by Yandle, which never should have been a goal. The Rangers did play a great 3rd period and getting both Nash and St. Louis off the schneid is potentially huge for their momentum. Would love to see this one go 7 games also - and maybe get invited to go to that one at the Garden, too.

Rangers did not look good the past two games and still didn't look good for the first two periods tonight, but Henrik saved their asses in those first two periods, after numerous horrible mental miscues in front of Lundqvist gave TB several golden chances. I also thought Bishop played fairly poorly, allowing the Rangers to win going away. Rangers got the bounces tonight, especially on the fluky goal by Yandle, which never should have been a goal. The Rangers did play a great 3rd period and getting both Nash and St. Louis off the schneid is potentially huge for their momentum. Would love to see this one go 7 games also - and maybe get invited to go to that one at the Garden, too.

[roll]

So untrue that it's comical.

[roll]

So untrue that it's comical.

Maybe I overstated it a little, but are you denying that TB could've easily had 3-4 goals in the first two periods with slightly better shots, after horrible giveaways by the Rangers? The NBCSN guys agreed with me on this point.

The Rangers did make a couple defensive mistakes that gave Tampa 2 grade A chances in the first period. That aside, the Rangers controlled the puck much better in the first and third than they did In the prior two games. The second period was the bad one where Tampa controlled the puck 75%+ of the time, but Lundqvist was great and the Rangers managed to get two quick goals towards the end.

Big game mentally for Lundqvist, Nash, and St. Loius. Hopefully the momentum carries forward. It's a 3 game series with two at MSG. Different feel than after game 3. Those are the swings of playoff hockey.

Devils fans are so funny. So insecure and desperate to feel good about themselves.

Not sure what this means..."Desperate to feel good about ourselves"?? Not too hard to feel good when there's 3 banners hanging in Newark from the past 20 years. The Devils have been THE model franchise in the area for the past 2 decades. Unfortunately, the torch seems to be passing..and most Devils fans notice this.

No doubt most Devils fans want to see the Rangers lose...just like most Rangers fans don't wanna see the Devils succeed. Same with Penn State-Rutgers..same with Seton Hall-Rutgers...etc.

That said, I think Rangers win in 7 now. Still don't see anyone beating the West regardless...but we'll see.

Ppl overreact one way or the other based on one or two games. After G3, TB could do no wrong, they were the '84 Oilers (coached by Glen Sather, btw) reincarnate. Now they lay an egg in G4 and we'll hear for 2 days what dogs they are and how the mighty PT winning Rangers are back on track. Have to see what TB team shows up in G5, the G1/G4 or the G2/G3 edition. The venue doesn't matter imho. I like MY Lightning's chances....lol....I have to say though as a hockey fan, this has all the trappings of a classic series

Last edited:
Ppl overreact one way or the other based on one or two games. After G3, TB could do no wrong, they were the '84 Oilers (coached by Glen Sather, btw) reincarnate. Now they lay an egg in G4 and we'll hear for 2 days what dogs they are and how the mighty PT winning Rangers are back on track. Have to see what TB team shows up in G5, the G1/G4 or the G2/G3 edition. The venue doesn't matter imho. I like MY Lightning's chances....lol....I have to say though as a hockey fan, this has all the trappings of a classic series

Sort of funny that you claim people overreact after just one game, yet you started this thread and the thread during the Caps series. Please keep doing it.

Went to the game last night. The Ranger faithful were there in force. Hank looked great. Go rangers.

When your team is successful and irrelevant it must be hard!!! Can't wait for a parking lot parade again, can you!

When your team is successful and irrelevant it must be hard!!! Can't wait for a parking lot parade again, can you!

The Devils haven't been successful in 2 years..that's what's hard.

And obviously can't wait for another parking lot parade! But will probably be a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT