ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Rangers down 3-2 to the Bolts

It is absolutely comical that Rangers fans think a party in the parking lot is an insult. Decades have elapsed since the last time the Rangers had a party of any kind, and when the entire party takes place on a stage, you are able to see the entire thing instead of watching the party just drive past you.

Last edited:
It is absolutely comical that Rangers fans think a party in the parking lot is an insult. Decades have elapsed since the last the last time the Rangers had a party of any kind, and when the entire party takes place on a stage, you are able to see the entire thing instead of watching the party just drive past you.

I'm a Rangers fan and I agree it makes no sense to mock a Devils championship celebration for any reason.

That said, this thread was started by a Devils fan trolling the Rangers. Not surprising immature reactions come from an immature OP.

I'm a Rangers fan and I agree it makes no sense to mock a Devils championship celebration for any reason.

That said, this thread was started by a Devils fan trolling the Rangers. Not surprising immature reactions come from an immature OP.
As a Devils fan I agree that this was a stupid thread to start, especially after the Rangers came back from down 3-1 just a week or so ago.

I have no issue with the Devils at all, in fact its great for the sport in New Jersey to see the Devils have the success they have had in the past. With that in mind though some of the fans are over board being obnoxious at this point! You won 2 1/2 Stanley Cups (ok, just being funny there) and as I have said before, really had a dynasty. Does anything real else have to be said by Devil Fans? Seriously, isn't it better to have the Rangers and the Devils be on top of their games.....

The winner of tonight's game wins the series because the Lightning will not win game 7, going 3-1 in the process, at MSG. Lundqvist is 13-3 over the last 4 seasons when the Rangers are on the brink of elimination. The only time he failed to win the game after losing the 3rd time in the series was in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Devils. LGR!

Last edited:
The winner of tonight's game wins the series because the Lightning will not win game 7, going 3-1 in the process, at MSG. LGR!

I agree with this. I also said the same thing about Game 4..a Rangers win. And the about Game 5...a Lightning win. So what do I know?

Either way, should be a fun game to watch (as long as you aren't rooting for either team).

The winner of tonight's game wins the series because the Lightning will not win game 7, going 3-1 in the process, at MSG. Lundqvist is 13-3 over the last 4 seasons when the Rangers are on the brink of elimination. The only time he failed to win the game after losing the 3rd time in the series was in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Devils. LGR!
The Lightning are more than capable of winning game 7 at the Garden - not sure how you can say otherwise given the results in this series so far. I'm hoping it goes 7, since there's a shot I might get to go to game 7, like I did for game 7 in the Caps series.

Here we go again with people trying to use the past to predict the future. If the Lightning lose tonight, they won't have to go 3-1 at MSG, they just need to go 1-0. The other three games are in the past, they have no effect on the outcome of Game 7. Just because they already won two games at MSG doesn't make them less likely to win another. You can look at any statistics or trends you want, but they are completely meaningless once the game starts.

I disagree about the winner of this one winning the series. Hockey playoffs are different. There is no momentum carry over from game to game. Just look at how different game 5 was from game 4 was from game 3. The teams played completely different games in each of those.

Looking like a game 7 coming up. Devils fan here but love playoff hockey. Why would anyone root against the Rangers tonight?

LOL. Moose.

Henrik singlehandedly kept the Rangers in the Game in the first and second period. They were completely outplayed. But hey, when you have one of the best goalies in the world..you can afford that. If the Ranges play like they are playing this period...they win Game 7 easily.

Feel like they're a team of destiny. Ugh. Congrats Ranger fans...enjoy it!

]
Game 7 against the King. LMAO at the Ranger haters in NY and NJ. Pound Jersey beach sand you losers!

Exhibit A of why I don't like the Rangers..This is pretty obnoxious.

Celebrate the win..don't take a shot at other fans..No reason to after the biggest win of the season. (well, not over yet..but will be soon).

There is basically only one poster this whole thread who said Rangers don't have a chance..Enjoy the soon-to-be-win....Can't wait for Game 7.

]

Exhibit A of why I don't like the Rangers..This is pretty obnoxious.

Celebrate the win..don't take a shot at other fans..No reason to after the biggest win of the season. (well, not over yet..but will be soon).

There is basically only one poster this whole thread who said Rangers don't have a chance..Enjoy the soon-to-be-win....Can't wait for Game 7.

Fans root for their team. This is about those who hate.

Looking like a game 7 coming up. Devils fan here but love playoff hockey. Why would anyone root against the Rangers tonight?

I'm a long time Ranger fan going back to the days of Marcel Dionne, Mike Gartner, James Patrick, John Vanbiesbrouck and the like. Through the years I never felt hatred for the Devils. In fact, I often found myself rooting for them during their Cup years when the blue shirts were out of it even though I hated their put you to sleep playing style.

6-3 with a penalty and empty net coming up. So this ain't over yet.

Edit: Empty netter for Brassard giving him the hat trick. Safe to say this is over. On to game 7.

Last edited:
Fans root for their team. This is about those who hate.

Gotcha..but again this thread isn't about fans. Its about the Rangers team on ice...Whatever though..

Lightning making a bit of a run in the last 2 minutes...no way they win, but wonder if they can carry that over 2 off days into Game 7. Doubtful..but I guess TB fans have to look for some positive.

I'm a long time Ranger fan going back to the days of Marcel Dionne, Mike Gartner, James Patrick, John Vanbiesbrouck and the like. Through the years I never felt hatred for the Devils. In fact, I often found myself rooting for them during their Cup years when the blue shirts were out if it even though I hated their put you to sleep playing style.

Edit: Empty netter for Brassard giving him the hat trick. Safe to say this is over. On to game 7.
Hockey fans will be glued to their TVs Friday night. Some idiot's will think it's stupid if you smoke a cigar alone watching...I'm not one of them.

Comin' home to the Garden. We're 7-0 in game 7s, and Tampa is 5-0 in their last five in the Garden. LGR!!!!

I'm a long time Ranger fan going back to the days of Marcel Dionne, Mike Gartner, James Patrick, John Vanbiesbrouck and the like. Through the years I never felt hatred for the Devils. In fact, I often found myself rooting for them during their Cup years when the blue shirts were out of it even though I hated their put you to sleep playing style.

Exactly! I date back to the Big Whistle and Jim Gordon on channel 9 in black and white. Only time I would root against another team is when it had some effect on the Rangers. Things are different today. It is common to spend time hating the success of others.

Reactions: djrc89
LOL. Moose.

Henrik singlehandedly kept the Rangers in the Game in the first and second period. They were completely outplayed. But hey, when you have one of the best goalies in the world..you can afford that. If the Ranges play like they are playing this period...they win Game 7 easily.

Feel like they're a team of destiny. Ugh. Congrats Ranger fans...enjoy it!

Disagree somewhat. While Tampa dominated in spots, the Rangers also had some good possession - most importantly, though, and the commentators noted this, was that the Rangers did a superb job of keeping Tampa away from in front of HL, such that almost all of the shots on goal were well seen - and for a top goalie, like Lundqvist, seeing the shot almost always means a save (except for the third one, lol). Of course, he also made a few truly great saves, too. Rangers completely owned the 3rd period, though.

Looks like I won't get to go to game 7, but will still be a great game to watch on TV - absolutely love playoff hockey. Hoping the Black Hawks can also force a 7th game - I always want to see Original 6 teams doing well and really hate seeing any team from a warm weather city doing well - they shouldn't even be allowed in the NHL, lol (mostly kidding).

Disagree somewhat. While Tampa dominated in spots, the Rangers also had some good possession - most importantly, though, and the commentators noted this, was that the Rangers did a superb job of keeping Tampa away from in front of HL, such that almost all of the shots on goal were well seen - and for a top goalie, like Lundqvist, seeing the shot almost always means a save (except for the third one, lol). Of course, he also made a few truly great saves, too. Rangers completely owned the 3rd period, though.

Looks like I won't get to go to game 7, but will still be a great game to watch on TV - absolutely love playoff hockey. Hoping the Black Hawks can also force a 7th game - I always want to see Original 6 teams doing well and really hate seeing any team from a warm weather city doing well - they shouldn't even be allowed in the NHL, lol (mostly kidding).

Good point about keeping the players from the front of the net...But yes, Henrik made 4 or 5 HUGE saves in the first and second period. Could very well have been 3-2 or 4-2 at the end of 2.

38 saves again by Henrik. Any other goalie, and Rangers lose that game I think.

Agree with Numbers. Yes, TB had a lot of shots, but the Rangers checking was excellent which helped keep the lanes open for Henrik's clear vision.

The negative in the first two periods wasn't necessarily the number of shots allowed (though you'd always want that number lower)......it was more the lack of puck possession and allowing TBs forecheck to really get going.

Either way, the 3rd period wiped out any negatives. Pure dominance.

Rangers win game 7 and it will be epic...but they will win it.

Obviously I'm a bit disappointed that Tampa couldn't close it out however taking 4 of last 5 from the Rangers would have been a tall order. I like our chances in game 7. Rangers have played poorly in both games ( 2 and 4) after a win in this series.

The Lundqvist save on Stamkos with the left pad was the turning point. Against almost any other goalie the game is 1-1 and a totally different feel. Instead he robs him and Yandle makes it 2-0.

Nash found his game on Friday. He finally remembered that he is allowed to go to the front of the net. Should be a great finish on Friday.

Think the one-sided third period actually plays in TB's favor. It's a very similar game / outcome to Game 4 with the NYR extending the lead late like that, and then TB learned from that and played a shut-down G5. Cooper clearly alluded to this as well in his post game. I think TB comes out in similar fashion and will shut down the Rangers again but anything can hapen in a G7.

Reactions: 40Berg
Obviously I'm a bit disappointed that Tampa couldn't close it out however taking 4 of last 5 from the Rangers would have been a tall order. I like our chances in game 7. Rangers have played poorly in both games ( 2 and 4) after a win in this series.
Rangers won Game 4 5-1 over your Tampa Bay Lightning.

Keep it up though, this is fun.

Think the one-sided third period actually plays in TB's favor. It's a very similar game / outcome to Game 4 with the NYR extending the lead late like that, and then TB learned from that and played a shut-down G5. Cooper clearly alluded to this as well in his post game. I think TB comes out in similar fashion and will shut down the Rangers again but anything can hapen in a G7.

Agree. Much easier to bounce back from a blowout than a heartbreaker.

Also feel the 2 days rest benefits Tampa too, as opposed to just one day off.

All that said, still don't see how the Rangers lose. They are unstoppable in elimination games for the most part at MSG. Lets see how long the streak lasts.

I'm a Rangers fan but I also enjoy just watching playoff hockey even if they were not in it. This has been a great series.

Yes. They are now reminded that the only way to win is to go into an all out defensive shell and hope to be opportunistic. It will be like watching paint dry but that is their ticket. They score early and it will only get worse. As a fan of the game, I would hate to see them in the finals.

I am extremely confident. It won't be easy and it will be scary but I think we all know how this ends -- with the rangers winning a game 7 at home.

If we play anaheim, that's a super matchup for us.

Yes. They are now reminded that the only way to win is to go into an all out defensive shell and hope to be opportunistic. It will be like watching paint dry but that is their ticket. They score early and it will only get worse. As a fan of the game, I would hate to see them in the finals.
Johnson has the most points and goals in the postseason, Kucherov is tied for second in both categories, and Stamkos isn't far behind. If these guys playing in the Stanley Cup Finals would be boring for you, then you might as well not watch regardless of who is in it. Also, the Rangers were the epitome of all-out defensive shell a few years ago when Tortorella's master plan was just to block as many shots as possible. It wasn't exciting, but good defense usually isn't so you can't hold that against them or any other team. The players and coaches aren't trying to put on a show, their job is just to win.

Why are people trying to divine what might happen based on the past? It's friggin' GAME 7, folks. Both teams will be sky high, especially with an extra day's rest and like many games, I'm sure much will depend on who gets/makes the breaks, how the puck bounces, and how well each goaltender plays. All I can say is, I'd rather have Lundqvist than Bishop, but anyone thinking this game isn't a toss-up is delusional.

Why are people trying to divine what might happen based on the past? It's friggin' GAME 7, folks. Both teams will be sky high, especially with an extra day's rest and like many games, I'm sure much will depend on who gets/makes the breaks, how the puck bounces, and how well each goaltender plays. All I can say is, I'd rather have Lundqvist than Bishop, but anyone thinking this game isn't a toss-up is delusional.
Exactly. Past statistics, trends, whatever have absolutely no effect on what hasn't happened yet.

ADVERTISEMENT