ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rescued a puppy yesterday

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
Puppy had somehow gotten away from its owner, and was running around front street. Driving on front street, I witnessed the spectacle of people chasing puppy, so I stopped my car. I gave chase, along with its owner, but he was too fast for me, and got away. So I went on my way, picked up my papa johns pizza, and returned to the vicinity. Lo and behold puppy was walking up and down the street. Afraid that he'd get hit by a car, I slowly, yet methodically approached him, kept speaking to him, bent down to "get on his level", and then finally grabbed him. I stowed him in the back seat of my sports sedan, praying that he wouldn't be compelled to mark his territory. We arrived at the police station without incident, where I dropped him off.

Reactions: HeyHuey
So...the owner somehow let a puppy get loose and then, apparently, gave up on chasing after him at some point?

That's messed up if I read that correctly.

Also, not sure that "rescue" will actually have a happy ending.

I don't think it was a puppy at all. I think Al rescued a raccoon thinking it was a puppy.

article-2610360-1D44BEDD00000578-522_634x730.jpg

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
The part in the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour. He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited. That little boy's gotta think: 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility.' If your dog is lost, you don't look for an hour then call it quits; you get your ass out there and you find that f@#$king dog!

Puppy had somehow gotten away from its owner, and was running around front street. Driving on front street, I witnessed the spectacle of people chasing puppy, so I stopped my car. I gave chase, along with its owner, but he was too fast for me, and got away. So I went on my way, picked up my papa johns pizza, and returned to the vicinity. Lo and behold puppy was walking up and down the street. Afraid that he'd get hit by a car, I slowly, yet methodically approached him, kept speaking to him, bent down to "get on his level", and then finally grabbed him. I stowed him in the back seat of my sports sedan, praying that he wouldn't be compelled to mark his territory. We arrived at the police station without incident, where I dropped him off.

So you're a bounty hunter now:and did,'t do it out of the goodness of your heart.
Dropped the puppy off and collected the reward out for him:
images

ADVERTISEMENT