ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Ralphie's Mom

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
Melinda Dillon dead at 83. Besides her iconic role in A Christmas Story, she is best known for her work in Close Encounters of A Third Kind

She wasn't in the Christmas Story sequel, assuming due to her health. The sequel was pretty good.

Dude, that shark has a star on Hollywood Boulevard. Did you know his grand kids starred in the first 2 Sharkanado movies?
Careful, you will be accused of being wildly inappropriate.
She was great as Hanrahan’s wife in “Slapshot” too.

If you know, you know. 😈
Maybe an apology by me is in order. I never heard of this movie with Sylvester Stallone.

Sylvester Stallone and Melinda Dillon starred in 1978’s “F.I.S.T.”

NYPICHPDPICT000006102732.jpg

By the way, she died on January 9.

Dude, that shark has a star on Hollywood Boulevard. Did you know his grand kids starred in the first 2 Sharkanado movies?
From what I recall, it's not all that difficult to get a star. All one needs is a little fame and the money to purchase it. I'm more surprised DJ Dpanky doesn't have a spot on the Walk of Fame yet.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
A star is someone people know far and wide; cruise, Renaldo, Jack etc. She was no star. Sad she died of course but in reality, after 2 seconds no one will care. Dust in the wind

Friend from Rutgers said she did her Drivers Ed on 22.

And she would agree with the bold.
I went to North Plainfield HS, right off 22. Drivers Ed in '76. LOL. We even had a stretch of 78 that was not yet completed and our Advanced Drivers Ed used that for accident avoidance training. Funny stuff.

Jean Shepard, the guy behind the Christmas Story, did a video tour down NJ's Route 22 some years ago. For a nostalgic trip, see:

Thanks for this!!

Grew up in Whitehouse Station and spent my whole youth on route 22 in the 1980s and beyond !

What a walk down memory lane. I even saw one of my best friend’s parents light store in here. He runs his own light store now in same location.

That was a fun ride !

Reactions: RUinPinehurst
A star is someone people know far and wide; cruise, Renaldo, Jack etc. She was no star. Sad she died of course but in reality, after 2 seconds no one will care. Dust in the wind
I've probably watched Christmas Story more than Cruise, Renaldo, and Jack (btw not sure if you mean Nicklaus or Nicholson) combined in my lifetime. So there's that. You are correct in that she isn't on a star level, but she played a great character in an iconic movie and won't be forgotten in 2 seconds by anyone who is a Christmas Story fan.

Reactions: MulletCork
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT