ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers Students Demand Greater Mascot Diversity

IMARUFAN

All American
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know if this is a real story or is it some sort of a delayed April fools joke? I feel like I'm being punked.

"The Rutgers University Student Assembly has voted to add a team of new, diverse school mascots — which could include a black mascot, a Latino mascot, a female mascot, and a “third-gender” mascot — just to make sure they’re being fair to everyone.

Right now, the school’s only mascot is a white male, and that just “does not seem right,” according to Emmet Brennan, student assembly parliamentarian."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...nority-gender-nonconforming-mascots-katherine

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/04/rutgers-students-demand-greater-mascot-diversity/

How about a knight without a face just blacked out behind the helmet and shield ? Though I am not a fan of the symbol with the helmet and the oversized plume.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
7678897422_11b824b264.jpg

50515_243006402673_3668975_n.jpg

First the Alma Mater, now the knight. Is there anything left that white males can have ? Get over it people, there were no female or people of color knights. Chanticleers anyone ?

First the Alma Mater, now the knight. Is there anything left that white males can have ? Get over it people, there were no female or people of color knights. Chanticleers anyone ?

You think there were ZERO knights of color? No Moors or Turks came over to the other side or tried wearing armor? What about feudal Japan?

I certainly hope you are just too young to know better.

What's really ridiculous about this is that body is in no position to make any decisions on this. That's like this board voting that tomorrow the sun should rise from the west.

Reactions: bac2therac
Yeah, lets not develop a brand! Let's worry about what color a friggin costume character is. Here's a tip: White would be a color in a diverse population as well as brown, black, yellow etc. so what is the issue? I'm too old for this shit I'm gonna try for a ride in the Porsche. Hope it isn't white or you will have to buy more than one.

What's really ridiculous about this is that body is in no position to make any decisions on this. That's like this board voting that tomorrow the sun should rise from the west.

Wait, can we? That would be cool,

Maybe add an American Indian Knight.....wait no that's offensive.

Last edited:
Yeah, lets not develop a brand! Let's worry about what color a friggin costume character is. Here's a tip: White would be a color in a diverse population as well as brown, black, yellow etc. so what is the issue? I'm too old for this shit I'm gonna try for a ride in the Porsche. Hope it isn't white or you will have to buy more than one.

I am done too. No more. I've donated a ton of money to Rutgers. But no more. I am through. This is getting to be the Biggest laughing stock liberal school ever.

While I am at it, this new board stinks!!!

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
New

I am done too. No more. I've donated a ton of money to Rutgers. But no more. I am through. This is getting to be the Biggest laughing stock liberal school ever.

While I am at it, this new board stinks!!!
20 3 minutes ago

Diversity isn't so bad.. . Can we get the gal from the Game of War commercials(castles and knight time period)? Would she suffice?

A large part of The RU community is Jewish. I demand a jewish knight

It is all Milwaukee's fault, once they let multiple sausages on the field the floodgates were open to diversity. First it was Brat, Polish, and Italian, and they they let Hot dog in.

These same people who PAM about the students doing something and threaten to withdraw support are also the same people who whine about how alumni don't donate, leading to an "underfunded" athletics department.

I'm enjoying watching these old people that detest their alma mater get triggered.

I would like to see how diverse this organization is. Something tells me their beliefs are as narrow as can be.

These same people who PAM about the students doing something and threaten to withdraw support are also the same people who whine about how alumni don't donate, leading to an "underfunded" athletics department.

I'm enjoying watching these old people that detest their alma mater get triggered.

Solid strategy. Ridiculing the people who have money and are likely donating. Good thing you aren't in charge of fundraising.

I am sure the new grads who are killing it in this incredible job market are the ones we should target to really push fundraising to the next level. They are all we need.

this...yet its being reported in the press and radio as if this could actually happen when its not even news to report

As a proud liberal and Alum of this great university, I say, "Hell No"

It's like when Piscataway High School's band couldn't play the Florida State or Atlanta Braves tomahawk chop song thing anymore (we are the Chiefs), or have a Chief Indian mascot....bogus

Would a black Spanish speaking tranny with a gay horse fill the bill ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT