ADVERTISEMENT

OT: So is the Prime hype over? Colorado football is a mess

I think I have seen their win o/u at 4.5
looking as objectively as I can- can see them with 4 wins - UCF is the one loss I gave them that could go either way

North Dakota State - Win

@Nebraska – Big test to see who they are. May be considered a toss up but lean toward Neb at home - Loss

@Colorado State – another big test. They should always win this game but was tested really hard last year at home. - Win

Baylor – Should be a win

@UCF - Loss

Kansas State - Loss

@Arizona - Loss

Cincinnati – another one of those “tests”- I’ll give the win because it is at home

@Texas Tech – Oh boy- loss

Utah - loss

@Kansas - loss

Oklhoma State - loss

Nobody (not even me - I know that’s hard to believe!) knows if Deion will succeed

Here’s what we do know

He’s been successful at nearly every stop on his career

He’s in his second year of coaching D1 ball, having inherited a 1-11 CU team and won 4 games, including national finalist TCU (on the road no less)

He doesn’t want to wait 9 years for a rebuild. Between his cache, NIL & the portal, he wants to win and win now

Saban didn’t hit the pinnacle until he went to LSU

It took Bobby 17 years to win a natty at FSU

It took Greg 4 years to get a marquee win (Michigan State) and 6 yeats to get a career defining win (Ville)

On the contrary, Urban won quick
Spurrier put up big numbers quick and won a ship in his 7th year

These things aren’t linear
Guys make mistakes and sometimes learn and get better

Wel see what happens w Prime
Time will tell if he’s successful or not

Sanders latest transfer out said he wants to join a real program that develops players. We’ll see which approach works out better over time.
Sanders can get the recruits, but devoloping their talent might not be what he's best at.
Some will say that's Deion's staff's job and maybe they are right.
But it seems when things aren't looking too well and eyes turn to Deion he makes staff members look like scapegoats and puts other sin their position.so it looks like Deion is taking care of the problem.
Players see that and know they will be next unless they are part of the Sanders hype campaign.
SAo players lose the original motivation that signing on with Sander's program gave them and they know the most instruction they will receive is from an assistant that might be thrown to the wolves like the last one so Deion doesn't look bad because Colorado isn't living up to the expectations that hype without substance to back it gave the program .
Rap shows and other forms of entertainment in the locker room during the half sound great, but planing how to play and breaking down some first half mistakes for improved play in the second half during the halftime break might be better .
Deion Sanders gets a mulligan for last year because of the hype that he has surrounded himself and his team with, but he also has proven to imply others are the blame for what went wrong and his players are disposable objects if they don't make him look good.
I'm sure those transferring out were pushed to do so and the players also know the reason they didn't shine under Sanders was because the way he coaches doesn't develop the talent his players have after they joined , Deion only gets by in games with the talent his players had when they entered his program .

Reactions: yesrutgers01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT