ADVERTISEMENT

OT- St Joes U suspends Softball team amid wild hazing accusations

I never understood this hazing crap. Is it really necessary to do these things to build team or fraternal spirit?

-Scarlet Jerry

I never understood this hazing crap. Is it really necessary to do these things to build team or fraternal spirit?

-Scarlet Jerry

+1. I also don't understand the coaches involvement in it, basically sponsoring the hazing by telling the girl's parents that things would get better and then nothing changed.

These kids are teammates and should be supportive of one another. That's the way I remember it growing up when I was playing youth team sports. It appears that this type of hazing is far more prevalent than most of us are aware of. Maybe if the school's start getting sued and have to pay settlements that they will get the message. But it should not have to come to that. Where does mutual respect for others factor into this type of behavior among our young people ?

Frankly, that's disgraceful. Says a lot about why I've lost a lot of respect for females over the last 50 years. Hillary anyone ?

Due to the fact that this involves female college athletes and coaches as well as references to the sexual orientation of those athletes and coaches as well as mistreatment by coaches, the Star Ledger/NJ.com will use this story to find a way to rehash all of the negative press our gay, former female college athlete and coach, current athletic director received when she came to RU. I would bet on it.

ADVERTISEMENT