ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tennessee Alternate Unis

773c240a-5475-40f6-aa47-e7dc8766386d_text.gif

1510896850871-spaceballs.gif

We should do that too next time we face Penn State, but the entire uniform. We'll look like one giant scrambled blob.

Someone is very proud that they learned to use the pattern tool. Does the coach have a young child who is learning to use a computer?

• Haha
Reactions: MrsScrew
I was at the game last weekend vs South Carolina. Dark Mode uniforms were outstanding. The energy on that campus all day Saturday and all night in the stadium was something I dream about at Rutgers. No train horns, minimal piped in music and bullcrap noise. Fans into everything and incredibly loud...Vol Walk has people lined up 20 deep when the players arrive...and a hundred yards long. Band is incredible. Game day experience is better than anything I've ever seen. We can hate on them all we want, but they do it well...and it is fun.

I was at the game last weekend vs South Carolina. Dark Mode uniforms were outstanding. The energy on that campus all day Saturday and all night in the stadium was something I dream about at Rutgers. No train horns, minimal piped in music and bullcrap noise. Fans into everything and incredibly loud...Vol Walk has people lined up 20 deep when the players arrive...and a hundred yards long. Band is incredible. Game day experience is better than anything I've ever seen. We can hate on them all we want, but they do it well...and it is fun.
No one is hating on them, just this uniform. We still have a very good gameday experience that is getting better, but if you think that something along the lines of SEC country will take place here, you will be disappointed. Different worlds and there's nothing wrong with either. So don't hate on us while we have a little fun with this ugly uniform.

I took my younger son to the SEC Fanfare at the Georgia World Congress center prior to the SEC championship game in the early 2000's between LSU and Tennessee. It was probably 90% of the people wearing TN colors, but there were a couple of guys wearing camouflage overalls in that burnt orange color pattern that even the other TN fans were grossed out by. It was bad.

I took my younger son to the SEC Fanfare at the Georgia World Congress center prior to the SEC championship game in the early 2000's between LSU and Tennessee. It was probably 90% of the people wearing TN colors, but there were a couple of guys wearing camouflage overalls in that burnt orange color pattern that even the other TN fans were grossed out by. It was bad.
Tennessee is not burnt orange…they’re creamsicle orange orange.

Texas is burnt orange.

Ps: both hideous colors

Reactions: rutger80
No one is hating on them, just this uniform. We still have a very good gameday experience that is getting better, but if you think that something along the lines of SEC country will take place here, you will be disappointed. Different worlds and there's nothing wrong with either. So don't hate on us while we have a little fun with this ugly uniform.
Sorry...wasn't trying to hate on us...I'm actually one of us....bad choice of words. I don't expect SHI to be Neyland by any means, but we can sure close the gap somewhat. It's like watching the Trenton Thunder vs. NY Yankees...actually that's a weak comparison...the gap is far wider. I've been a season ticket holder at RU for 20 years ...at UTK for one. Really hope we can get the energy stronger at SHI. We've had a few games where it was good, but overall we are small time from a game day experience standpoint. That isn't hate, it's fact. Go RU!

Sorry...wasn't trying to hate on us...I'm actually one of us....bad choice of words. I don't expect SHI to be Neyland by any means, but we can sure close the gap somewhat. It's like watching the Trenton Thunder vs. NY Yankees...actually that's a weak comparison...the gap is far wider. I've been a season ticket holder at RU for 20 years ...at UTK for one. Really hope we can get the energy stronger at SHI. We've had a few games where it was good, but overall we are small time from a game day experience standpoint. That isn't hate, it's fact. Go RU!
We need to get back to that 2005-09 run to a certain extent. First year in the Big 10 was good too - some of the night games were an event. There was just so much damage done between 2015-19. Takes a while to get out from under that.

Reactions: ScarletDog
We need to get back to that 2005-09 run to a certain extent. First year in the Big 10 was good too - some of the night games were an event. There was just so much damage done between 2015-19. Takes a while to get out from under that.
I agree with that. Every once in a while a photo pops up on my phone with my son (9 at the time) on the field after the 2014 Michigan win. That might have been the last hurrah...but the good news is it feels like we're on the right track.

Reactions: RUPete
I was at the game last weekend vs South Carolina. Dark Mode uniforms were outstanding. The energy on that campus all day Saturday and all night in the stadium was something I dream about at Rutgers. No train horns, minimal piped in music and bullcrap noise. Fans into everything and incredibly loud...Vol Walk has people lined up 20 deep when the players arrive...and a hundred yards long. Band is incredible. Game day experience is better than anything I've ever seen. We can hate on them all we want, but they do it well...and it is fun
a business associate I know is a RU diehard and attends one away game annually. He said UT was the best. Fans were actually friendly and what I thought was most interesting, at least according to his comment, was that the major tailgating starts AFTER the game. He was walking to his rental car and got called over to multiple tailgates. All announcing that their Tennessee moonshine was the best, and he had to try.. He resigned to not driving and spent a few hours in the lots

Reactions: ScarletDog
There are 20 or so college football programs where the team is their life, their priority, their religion. That's never going to happen in NJ.
It doesn't mean we can't embrace the awesomeness that we do have.

Reactions: RUPete
a business associate I know is a RU diehard and attends one away game annually. He said UT was the best. Fans were actually friendly and what I thought was most interesting, at least according to his comment, was that the major tailgating starts AFTER the game. He was walking to his rental car and got called over to multiple tailgates. All announcing that their Tennessee moonshine was the best, and he had to try.. He resigned to not driving and spent a few hours in the lots
I found just about every single person I met to be very welcoming and friendly. I bought season tickets this year (in addition to my RU tix) - my son is a freshman there. It's a very different tailgate scene, but pretty cool. Last week was a night game and we got out of there, so I didn't get to experience the post-game fun. Was my third time on campus and first to a game...I like that place more every time I visit. Will probably go back down for the Georgia game. In the meantime, go RU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT