ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UCLA's Jim Mora takes a dig at Rutgers

Devin Fuller was sold a bag of bad goods when ucla told him he'd be a QB. After lying to older brother, I'm sure the family will trust him with the younger bro.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Talk about underachieving? Whens the last time UCLA was relevant EVEN in LA ? Clown...!!
Don't show your ignorance Nicky. UCLA is ranked light years ahead of RU in both the preseason polls and recruiting. They also beat USC last year and will probably beat them again this year. Many people "in the know" think USC is one of the most overrated teams this year. All because of their returning QB. If you look at his overall statistics he looks like a phenom, but if you break them down he was only a phenom against lousy teams. Against the top teams in the league he was average at best.

Don't show your ignorance Nicky. UCLA is ranked light years ahead of RU in both the preseason polls and recruiting. They also beat USC last year and will probably beat them again this year. Many people "in the know" think USC is one of the most overrated teams this year. All because of their returning QB. If you look at his overall statistics he looks like a phenom, but if you break them down he was only a phenom against lousy teams. Against the top teams in the league he was average at best.
Ignorant? I lived there...no one cares much about FB...I ate in the same restaurant on Hollywood blvd New Years eve sixty nine after getting out of the Marines as the OSU Rose Bowl team and most thought it was a bunch of kids on a HS trip!! I knew who they were and appreciated the accomplishment.....they care as much about CFB there as the fans in Miami care about FB....who the heck watches PacTen FB anyway? Its on so late here NOONE KNOWS or CARES. DEAD ZONE. There Network ain't too successful either...does anyone watch?

Reactions: JoeRU0304
The have beaten USC three straight years and finished in the top 10 last year. Devin Fuller LOVES going to school in Westwood. They have won ten games two straight years under Mora. Recruiting is great.

The have beaten USC three straight years and finished in the top 10 last year. Devin Fuller LOVES going to school in Westwood. They have won ten games two straight years under Mora. Recruiting is great.
Like I said...ITS beautiful,exotic and seductive...but not conducive to concentrating on bizzness!!

To come clean my sister is a Bruin Alum and I do follow them very closely.

Think Twister made a good point :"Meant for the ears of recruit Fuller. Belittle Rutgers."
Also Devin Fuller being moved to WR looks like it's working out for him and don't think the move
is something that would keep Jordan from choosing UCLA

As for Hunt's articles being clickbait, don't mind clicking on positive articles about Rutgers recruiting
and there is some good info in most of the recruiting articles Todd puts out.

If the kid was from Connecticut, why not say UCONN instead? Clearly a shot at RU.

If the kid was from Connecticut, why not say UCONN instead? Clearly a shot at RU.

Probably because he was a Jersey kid that went to an all-male private boarding school in CT.

While not all 17, 18, 19 yr olds are mature...kid might have a few issues...decommits from Michigan, almost commits to USC but doesn't because USC signed another top TE (kid doesn't want to compete?)....then decides on UCLA after UCLA loses a top TE commit...now even before the 1st game he wants to leave that school, etc...

This was no "shot" at Rutgers. The kid is from NJ, so Mora in essence told him to go home if he doesn't improve. I have no idea where you guys believe this is a cheap shot at RU.

UCLA has won 10 games two years in a row, finished #10 last year, is killing it in recruiting and plays in front of 75-80K. We should underachieve so much.

They finished in the top 10. How is that overrated? Why do some fans hate on other schools that finish better, have bigger wins, and are good in recruiting? I don't understand it.
I think a lot of us hate on all p-5 teams - not just the good ones

I think a lot of us hate on all p-5 teams - not just the good ones
I get that but, when you do that on a forum it just gives other programs the chance to say "what has Rutgers done". The example was that UCLA is overrated which is clearly not true based on facts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT