ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Voice Recognition Software

What are your feelings on voice recognition software

• Hooray! The future is here!

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • It is a horrible anchor on communication that is dragging down society.

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

jiggscasey

All American
Nov 29, 2003
We use voice recognition software in our phones, and with customer service. People have strong opinions on it. Wondering where the board stands.

I'd ask for another option on the vote. Hooray for the promising software, but oh boy, do we have a ways to go.

I'd ask for another option on the vote. Hooray for the promising software, but oh boy, do we have a ways to go.

I hope this works. About 12 years ago, I was working for Lucent. To gain access to the workplace we had magnetic cards. Most men kept their cards in their wallet and swiped the cards across the reader and some just pushed their rear-end pocket against the reader. So one weekend day I brought my 15-year old son with me so he could use the word processing software to make a report for school. As we got to the door some gut pushed his butt against the reader to open the door and to the amazement of my son I explained that the reader smells the odor from the rear to identify the person. My son didn't know if I was fooling him or not. Hey, dogs use this method. maybe ass-hole recognition is better than voice.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT