ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What's your favorite Cigar?

Yes I am but the type of stoppage unfortunately is repetitive so I'm not out of the danger zone. Not a common threat but my Uncle passed from the exact same thing at my age.
You should stay off these boards. People attack you way to much for BS. You don't need the stress

Alec Bradley - Family Blend, Tempus, or Prensado
Guillermo Leon is relatively unknown but good.
Any Tatuaje or Don Pepin Garcia (I like the Cuban Classic black label and original blue label).
Camacho "red" or "blue" are always excellent. Their Liberty line is fantastic.
La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial is awesome. I like better than the Mi Amor.
Regular Padron for cheaper.
Ashton VSG or ESG for pricey but very good.

Reactions: Peteyd
If I had to reach in and grab my favorite from the humidor - it would probably be a Montecristo Edmundo.
Paired with an aged tawny port and the world is perfect.

I used to smoke cigars one day a year (at my high school's annual golf outing). One year I came home from the outing smelling like cigars and my very young son got upset about this. We each promised to never smoke after that and so far we both have kept the promise (that was 20 years ago).

Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Maduro. Hands down the best cigar for the money. Extremely well made. Great flavor, terrific burn and about $6 a stick in PA at stores. I buy them online for $74 for a $20 box. Beats so many overpriced cigars.

One of my favorites. Can't beat that stick for the price.

If you're going to Happy Valley, I'll be more than happy to light a few of these up with you.

I have enjoyed most of the suggestions here but have gone green in the last year. My favorite is:

Arturo Fuente 858 Flor Fina Double Claro Lonsdale

I might be one of the only guys smoking candela cigars. Back in the 50's and 60's they ruled the American market. I tried them to do something different and they became my main smoke.

afuen_858_claro_box25.jpg

Wow, candela wrappers. That's another one that is nice and mild.

Trying to get some suggestions for the summer. I have been enjoying Gurkha's lately just looking for some suggestions.

Cigars and scotch are the highlights of our tailgate.We have an exotic assorment of sticks, most of which are mentioned before. But, the one smoke that wins hand down and the guys grab first is CAO L'Anniversary Camaroon Belicosa's. Beutifully constructed, great flavor that start slow and gets better all the way to the end. Although it is off topic, the scotch choice is a tie between Highland Park 12 (or 18) and Balvenie Double wood 15.

You do realize that cigar smokers do not inhale. After my heart attack this past year every doctor could care less about me smoking cigars. Cigarettes are a completely different story. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life.
My Dad smoked cigars almost his entire life. That was until they had to remove half his neck because of the cancer. Never inhaled though.

Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Maduro. Hands down the best cigar for the money. Extremely well made. Great flavor, terrific burn and about $6 a stick in PA at stores. I buy them online for $74 for a $20 box. Beats so many overpriced cigars.
Just ordered a box of 20 AFDCM's from Thompson for $104.00 and free shipping. Thanks Whitebus.

Reactions: WhiteBus
My favorite Cigar is (or was) a racehorse. And I don't even like horseracing.
Funny thing is that Cigar was named not for a smoke but a navigation point.
And I saw Cigar run many times but I saw him start the streak because I was at the Donn to see NJ ' S own Holy Bull who was pulled up at Gulfstream and never raced again.
A natural that I became a huge Cigar fan from that day on.

size shape quality don't matter, just as long as they are in the garbage, unlit of course

Trying to get some suggestions for the summer. I have been enjoying Gurkha's lately just looking for some suggestions.

Free ones.

Cigars are always enjoyed best with others (special occasions, etc..).

Its usually the scenery and/or who you are with that makes cigars so enjoyable. (Can't imagine smoking one by yourself...just seems sooooo stupid).

This.

Also, in response to your other post, I have read multiple studies that show the increase in risk for cancer when limiting your cigar smoking to 1-2 per day as negligible. That assumes you are not inhaling of course.

NIH proved almost 20 years ago that just 1 cigar a day causes cancer of the lip, tongue, mouth, throat, larynx, esophagus, and lung, as well as chronic obstructive pulmonary (lung) disease and coronary heart disease.

Now if you want to say 1-2 cigars a day is better than 3-4 cigars a day, go for it.

Probably 90% or more of those that enjoy cigars probably have less than 1 per week...but yes, those that smoke them daily, greatly increase their chances of some deadly cancers/lung & heart disease.

Its usually the scenery and/or who you are with that makes cigars so enjoyable. (Can't imagine smoking one by yourself...just seems sooooo stupid).

I do enjoy a cigar by myself when I have some downtime, however my favorite cigars that I have smoked have come when I was having one with a buddy.

Free ones.

That line is soooo stupid. Relaxing with a cigar after a long day at work watching sports on TV is awesome. Cold beer, cigar, hockey on TV last night, hanging with the dog in the man cave. Nothing stupid about that. Great way to start the holiday weekend.
The #1 reason I turned my two car garage into a man cave was so I would have a place to smoke.

Congrats I guess for posting on a thread you know nothing about.

Huh?

I've enjoyed cigars for over the past 20 years...and I enjoy them with friends probably once every other month (or monthly during football season) and fortunately I have some good friends that always have good buying decisions on stoogies, hence why a free one (with friends) is my favorite.

Its always funny when one has a different opinion of another...one always fires back with something like "you don't know anything about this topic".

Congrats for being "that guy/gal".

Huh?

I've enjoyed cigars for over the past 20 years...and I enjoy them with friends probably once every other month (or monthly during football season) and fortunately I have some good friends that always have good buying decisions on stoogies, hence why a free one (with friends) is my favorite.

Its always funny when one has a different opinion of another...one always fires back with something like "you don't know anything about this topic".

Congrats for being "that guy/gal".
Here where you have a limited view of the topic. You look at smoking cigars simply as social thing only. You certainly don't have the pallet to truly enjoy good cigars and most likely would smoke a free Garcia Vega because smoking amongst you friends is "cool" Most on this thread enjoy a good smoke and don't need to be seen to get enjoyment out of it. Expand your horizons or stop making stupid posts.

Here where you have a limited view of the topic. You look at smoking cigars simply as social thing only. You certainly don't have the pallet to truly enjoy good cigars and most likely would smoke a free Garcia Vega because smoking amongst you friends is "cool"

You keep digging deeper...I think you might get to China soon.

One can enjoy anything, even in limited amounts from fine wine to fine food to even London Broil*, yet one doesn't have to have it every day, every week, every month, etc...to know what they like.

And sorry, I don't enjoy cigars because its "cool"...I like them with friends because its an enjoyable experience.

PS. Never had a Garcia Vega but if you like them, then good for you.

You keep digging deeper...I think you might get to China soon.

One can enjoy anything, even in limited amounts from fine wine to fine food to even London Broil*, yet one doesn't have to have it every day, every week, every month, etc...to know what they like.

And sorry, I don't enjoy cigars because its "cool"...I like them with friends because its an enjoyable experience.

PS. Never had a Garcia Vega but if you like them, then good for you.
You wouldn't know if you have had a Garcia Vega. Since you favorite is free you'd smoke anything and everything. Your the fool that believe no should smoke a cigar by themselves. You dug to China on your first post!

You wouldn't know if you have had a Garcia Vega. Since you favorite is free you'd smoke anything and everything.

Don't think you have been right even once in this thread. Sorry if my friends have class.

Oh, and the cigars I have in my humidor (that I have bought), I like them ALMOST as much as those from my friends.:sunglasses:

As Sebastian Maniscalco so proudly talks/jokes about, maybe you are way to young to understand the joy of "company".

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article21680193.html

NIH proved almost 20 years ago that just 1 cigar a day causes cancer of the lip, tongue, mouth, throat, larynx, esophagus, and lung, as well as chronic obstructive pulmonary (lung) disease and coronary heart disease.

Now if you want to say 1-2 cigars a day is better than 3-4 cigars a day, go for it.

Probably 90% or more of those that enjoy cigars probably have less than 1 per week...but yes, those that smoke them daily, greatly increase their chances of some deadly cancers/lung & heart disease.

Wrong.

http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/92/4/333/T3.expansion.html

Not a cigar smoker but went to Ybor after the Rangers game and had a Java stick with a Cafe con Leche with some friends. Nothing beats people watching in Ybor on a Friday night.

Davidoff Puro d' Oro
Davidoff Nicaraguan Puro
Zino Platinum (all of the sticks from this line are great)
Paul Garmirian Symphony 20
Viaje C4 (Viaje is a small batch cigar company - the C4 is a full bodied smoke with a corojo wrapper - strong smoke - hence the C4 name)

Cubans: Anything made by Bolivar. Cuban Montecristos. Cuban Punch

Wrong.

http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/92/4/333/T3.expansion.html

George Burns smoked around 5 El Productos (bleh!) a day and lived to be 100. But, then again, he was GOD.

"George Burns' final wish isn't hard for cigar lovers to understand. He was buried with three of his favorite cigars. He simply didn't want to be without his constant companions of the last 70 years of his life, especially on the day of his reunion with Gracie, his stage partner and his only wife, who died in 1964. On any given day, he smoked 10 to 15 cigars, usually El Productos (he liked them because they stayed lit on stage), and you have to assume that he figured once he got to the promised land, he wouldn't have to worry about his supply. That final anecdote from his life illustrates one very key thing--Burns' love of cigars was more than just a habit. More than any other celebrity in the United States, George Burns was identified with cigars."

Just sayin'........

Not sure I have a favorite. Used to smoke a couple a week and know my cigars but now less than once a month clustered around the very infrequent golf I get to play these days and tailgating. I tend towards the mild to moderate flavor side and either shorter lengths (Toro) or moderate ring sized cigars as Chateau Fuente, Ashton Corona, Avo Robusto or Macanudo Crystal Cafe. I tend to stay with Dominican Leaf, but if I want more flavor and cost effective I'll go with a Punch Royal Coronation.

When I do get to play golf I like the really small sizes such as Macanudo Ascots. Prefer this ti dragging a big stogie around the course all day.

I too much prefer smoking cigars with friends at events and am not a snob about it.......will trade, give away, and receive or smoke much of anything when an infrequent opportunity arises in a social setting and with Irish Whisky or Scotch.

ADVERTISEMENT