ADVERTISEMENT

OT who do I hire for this?

LocalDC

Senior
Jun 26, 2007
In my office I have a computer which runs dvd movies for specific purposes, but it runs all day long. Because of constant usage we wind up with mechanical problems and it has been suggested that we put an external drive on and put all the movies into it and then we can just go to the movies instead of having to use actual dvds being loaded and unloaded
we were told to use Magic ISO and magic disc
we also want to edit out the ads when we do this
I obviously have no idea how to do this or what this equipment is..not up on this
just looking if anyone has an idea who to hire for a job like this
thanks

Why are you running continuous video off a DVD? Copy the video files to local storage and they'll run out of memory. Swap out the hard drive with an SSD and there's no moving parts at all.

ok, so to be clear..we have about 50 movies and a person comes and picks which movie he wants to watch and instead of having the movies on dvd we want them to be on a hard drive or something that they can pick from..does that make sense with what you just mentioned? thanks for any help

ok, so to be clear..we have about 50 movies and a person comes and picks which movie he wants to watch and instead of having the movies on dvd we want them to be on a hard drive or something that they can pick from..does that make sense with what you just mentioned? thanks for any help

Yeah, you can do that.

Just remember the old 42nd St. rule: "One Man, One Booth!"

ADVERTISEMENT