ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Why in the F is the 1-AA Championship 2pm this Sunday ??

nutfromSEC117

All American
Nov 2, 2002
Yes random thought

But why in the world would you play then ?

Why not tonight ?

Why not 12-1pm tomorrow ?

I’d look in on game if is were tonight and watch the 4th if were close !

Pretty sure it was last year too if I recall. And I wondered why the F you wouldn’t just run it like you said either tonight or early afternoon lead in tomorrow to NFL. It makes no logical sense whatsoever. Is it Disney’s ill advised call to run this game on ABC versus the final week of NFL? Whatever the case it likely will garner WNBA level ratings.

You should tune in to get a look at a team that will be making the leap to FBS in a few years (then, to the American and finally to the ACC, a few years after that)!

They'll have to find somebody to replace all the teams jumping ship once FSU gets out! 😁

Game is near my house. Was kicking around going but standing room tickets are going for $275 right now on Stubhub. Wild. I think I'll tap out of that one.

Reactions: MulletCork
Pretty sure it was last year too if I recall. And I wondered why the F you wouldn’t just run it like you said either tonight or early afternoon lead in tomorrow to NFL. It makes no logical sense whatsoever. Is it Disney’s ill advised call to run this game on ABC versus the final week of NFL? Whatever the case it likely will garner WNBA level ratings.

The 2023 WNBA Postseason on ESPN platforms averaged 470,000 viewers, making it the most-watch postseason in 16 years as per ESPN.

The lowest rated bowl game was Eastern Michigan/South Alabama with 765,000 viewers.
I'd be shocked if this game doesn't double WNBA numbers.
I agree though that it should be played either Saturday or early Sunday.

South Dakota State’s OC Zach Lujan is expected to be the OC of NW next year.

Good points here. Thanks. I started to think when I saw NBA on ESPN last night that was part of the reason. NBA always is their Friday night bread and butter. And of course the NFL Saturday but still the first game is on at 4:30pm. I guess you need a whole afternoon of talking heads yelling over each other while saying nothing. It is ESPN after all.

Even lower division football will always garner much higher ratings than a WNBA game.
If the WNBA was around in the 70’s and 80’s ratings would have run neck and neck with those TV test patterns they ran at the end of each broadcast day. Just saying 😉

If the WNBA was around in the 70’s and 80’s ratings would have run neck and neck with those TV test patterns they ran at the end of each broadcast day. Just saying 😉

I don't know.........................those test patterns were pretty interesting.

Good points here. Thanks. I started to think when I saw NBA on ESPN last night that was part of the reason. NBA always is their Friday night bread and butter. And of course the NFL Saturday but still the first game is on at 4:30pm. I guess you need a whole afternoon of talking heads yelling over each other while saying nothing. It is ESPN after all.
ESPN only has the Monday night game. On Saturday they are loaded up with College basketball all day. Saturday is NBC day for the NFL. First game is on NBC and second playoff game is Peacock streaming only. First time that a playoff is streaming only. This should be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT