ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wishes for an uplifting 4-20 for all.

Never thought I'd live to see it legal in New Jersey. I know too many people whose lives were screwed up by over-aggressive law enforcement back in the bad old days.
I was always the lucky one they never snagged.
Potheads are losers. Most belong in jail.

• Haha
Reactions: Kbee3 and cshelley
gidheV9.jpeg

There really are some idiots on here. Zero actual connection to a heinous historical figure, but since it’s a coincidence let’s highlight that and unironically post a flattering picture of him.

Obviously, October 7 is a birthday some would prefer to commemorate.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegock
Monday is Earth Day - another excuse to light-up (maybe add some shrooms)

Monday is Earth Day - another excuse to light-up (maybe add some shrooms)

Wait...Hitler founded Earth Day? GTFOOH

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Wait...Hitler founded Earth Day? GTFOOH

No - Ira Einhorn is the Earth Day murderer.
I guess its just a coincidence that some major greenie holy days have links to murderers.
The Hitler thing is actually wide story regarding 420 https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/4-20-adolf-hitler/

Hitler wasn't a pothead as far as I know, but its kinda telling that as US does its best to help provoke WW3.0 people want to celebrate getting high and dismantling energy infrastructure (CCP is pleased).

But 420 is also now a date Taylor Swift owns.

• Haha
Reactions: fsg2
No - Ira Einhorn is the Earth Day murderer.
I guess its just a coincidence that some major greenie holy days have links to murderers.
The Hitler thing is actually wide story regarding 420 https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/4-20-adolf-hitler/

Hitler wasn't a pothead as far as I know, but its kinda telling that as US does its best to help provoke WW3.0 people want to celebrate getting high and dismantling energy infrastructure (CCP is pleased).

But 420 is also now a date Taylor Swift owns.

From the article *you* linked:

“the holiday of weed has nothing to do with man who continues to be the symbol of evil and hatred nearly 130 years after his birth. Regardless of what rumors and tales fly, Hitler in no way, shape or form, has anything to do with people people smoking copious amounts of weed, baking cannabis into brownies, or whichever way one chooses to celebrate 4/20.”

So why would you imply otherwise?

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
The origin of 420 actually referred to the time of day, not the date.

Found this online:

In the early '70s, five students at San Rafael High School in Marin County, California would meet outside of the school after extracurricular activities had ended for the day. The group, eventually called the "Waldos,"simply for the fact they met by a wall to do their thing, made their official meeting time 4:20 p.m. and eventually started using 420 as code for smoking.

“the holiday of weed has nothing to do with man who continues to be the symbol of evil and hatred nearly 130 years after his birth. Regardless of what rumors and tales fly, Hitler in no way, shape or form, has anything to do with people people smoking copious amounts of weed, baking cannabis into brownies, or whichever way one chooses to celebrate 4/20.”

I didn't imply anything direct: "I guess its just a coincidence that some major greenie holy days have links to murderers."

However as a fan of Carl Jung I do find the universal unconscious mind manifests in symbols that can float between contexts. Media will say pot day isn't directly related to Hitler which while true gets merged with him anyway by reporting on it so much. The 70s kids who first did a "420" thing never knew it would be a national thing.

420 is also the day of Columbine massacre

How did the mythology of marijuana’s most enduring code, 420, come to life?​

The origin of 420 actually referred to the time of day, not the date.

Found this online:

In the early '70s, five students at San Rafael High School in Marin County, California would meet outside of the school after extracurricular activities had ended for the day. The group, eventually called the "Waldos,"simply for the fact they met by a wall to do their thing, made their official meeting time 4:20 p.m. and eventually started using 420 as code for smoking.
It’s funny how every school seemed to have a place like this. For us, it was the North End.

Reactions: BillyC80
It’s funny how every school seemed to have a place like this. For us, it was the North End.
My senior year of high school, 1976, I bought a used car (a ‘69 Ford Fairlane 500, loved that car), and a bunch of us would sit in it at lunchtime to get high. Probably had 6 or 7 people in there at once. As soon as word got out we had to stop, cause too many students wanted in, lol.

Reactions: Kbee3 and RUPete

It was a great way to get a flattering photo of Hitler into the thread. It was his official portrait, so it was Hitler-approved.

Zero connection to “420” but I guess one doesn’t need to be high (or a “pothead” - whatever that is) to come up with convoluted imaginary connections between completely unrelated things.

I didn't imply anything direct: "I guess its just a coincidence that some major greenie holy days have links to murderers."

However as a fan of Carl Jung I do find the universal unconscious mind manifests in symbols that can float between contexts. Media will say pot day isn't directly related to Hitler which while true gets merged with him anyway by reporting on it so much. The 70s kids who first did a "420" thing never knew it would be a national thing.

420 is also the day of Columbine massacre

How did the mythology of marijuana’s most enduring code, 420, come to life?​

But the only reason anyone's making a connection to Hitler here is ....you.

People who smoke weed take it super seriously…like religiously. As my pothead 😶‍🌫️ acquaintance (my exact age) said to me…you’ve never tried and frankly you’re too old to start. Stick to bourbon, vodka and gin.

Very easy advice to follow! ☺️

Reactions: fsg2
People who smoke weed take it super seriously…like religiously. As my pothead 😶‍🌫️ acquaintance (my exact age) said to me…you’ve never tried and frankly you’re too old to start. Stick to bourbon, vodka and gin.

Very easy advice to follow! ☺️

Unless he meant all three in the same glass 😝🤢

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT