ADVERTISEMENT

Our Midfield Block R Looks Pink On Television

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
Not sure why, but it isn't the most appealing look. Wonder if we can darken it to make it look scarlet.

Colors will look different on every single TV. Could look perfectly fine in real life but on TV everyone will see something different.

Get a new tv
It is relatively new--dating back to the game in which Nova threw his second pick of the second quarter against I don't remember who, and I launched a cotton cap at the screen from 15 feet away, which of course had a tiny metal clasp on the back that hit the screen at 400mph and cracked it, so I had to get a new one. It is plasma, which probably has the best color reproduction of the new TVs. So there.

The hat survived.

For the millionth time it's the correct shade. Pantone 186. It looks different on different cameras sometimes due to lighting and other ambient effects.

http://identity.rutgers.edu/about-identity/colors
55979828.jpg

It doesn't matter what Pantone 186 is. Perception is reality.. the scarlet unis are salmon and so is the midfield R.. which isn't even our R.. the curved part is not curved it is a series of straight lines. What needs be done is the colors to be changed so they APPEAR TO BE scarlet/pantone 186 to the naked eye and TV cameras.

I do not know why the defenders of the color usage think shouting out PANTONE 186 is an answer. It is not. Materials, lighting conditions and broadcast tech all skew colors. Just because some decision maker in a room once saw a swatch of Pantone 186 on paper and thought it looked "scarlet" is no reason to think that it is scarlet in all its uses.

Last edited:
I was at the Rutgers Shootout and was looking at the field in the stadium,the outdoor turf field and the turf field in The Bubble. The red on the stadium field looks very faded compared to the other fields and I hope we can get that touched up by opening game. One other note, the Rutgers flag in the old end zone looks VERY faded--I know we played the first college football game in 1869,but we don't need to keep the flag from that season LOL

ADVERTISEMENT