ADVERTISEMENT

Over/Under wins for 2015

It's 5 but you have to lay $145 to win $100. So, it's pretty much as close to 5.5 as they can put it without just making it 5.5.

In any case, based on the over/unders of some of the teams on the schedule, it seems that gamblers basically expect Rutgers to beat Norfolk State, Kansas, Washington State, Army and Maryland. Apparently, we have no shot at beating Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin or Penn State on the road nor Michigan State, Ohio State or Nebraska at home. Or perhaps we pull an upset but also suffer one.

I'm not saying looking at Rutgers potential wins and losses this way is right or wrong, but this would seem to be the justification/explanation for that line.

It's 5 but you have to lay $145 to win $100. So, it's pretty much as close to 5.5 as they can put it without just making it 5.5.

In any case, based on the over/unders of some of the teams on the schedule, it seems that gamblers basically expect Rutgers to beat Norfolk State, Kansas, Washington State, Army and Maryland. Apparently, we have no shot at beating Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin or Penn State on the road nor Michigan State, Ohio State or Nebraska at home. Or perhaps we pull an upset but also suffer one.

I'm not saying looking at Rutgers potential wins and losses this way is right or wrong, but this would seem to be the justification/explanation for that line.
Does that really sound wrong to you? Maybe flip Indiana to the win column. Remember - we barely beat Michigan at home. We lost to PSU at home. The other four killed us home and road.

If we get to six I think it will be a surprise unless the QB play is alot better than expected from a very early point in the season.

Does that really sound wrong to you? Maybe flip Indiana to the win column. Remember - we barely beat Michigan at home. We lost to PSU at home. The other four killed us home and road.

If we get to six I think it will be a surprise unless the QB play is alot better than expected from a very early point in the season.
I think Indiana and Washington State are the two games that can go either way. If we win both, we go with 6 wins or 5 if we split the games.

I like
Rutgers over 5
Indiana under 6
Washington over 4
Illinois over 3.5

Saw Michigan 8 before...under at 8 is good....but pass on 7 1/2

No, it doesn't sound wrong to me. I hope it's wrong, of course, but I can certainly understand where the line is coming from. Because of which games are home versus which games are on the road, I think this years schedule is even tougher than last years.

And while I'm not complaining about playing Wisky and Nebraska, I'll freely admit I wouldn't mind swapping them out for Illinois and Purdue. The over/under would be closer to 7.5 in that case.

6 wins should be doable. 7 wins depends on the bowl game. 7 wins before the bowl game would require a big time upset.

RU was good in close games last year. The road wins by 3 pts at WSU and MD were very big and not easy. If those went the other way, RU would've been 5-7. The PSU game could have went either way at home. Every year is different, I think the road games at PSU and Indiana are winnable but they will be difficult..Indiana will have their starting QB back who is very good. Usually there is a game where you expect a win and lose and vice versa...so we'll see. I understand the 5.5 number.

ADVERTISEMENT