ADVERTISEMENT

Parking Assignments Now Available on SK.com

I'm in Green for the first time ever. Just couldn't donate enough to stay in the Scarlet Lot even with 112 Priority Pts. It's just my wife and I.

PPs are not online yet, though.

You're right. But that's odd, because Prioity Points were online a few weeks ago.

I have 44 PP's and got Blue.

Last year I had 29 PP's and got Purple after spending 20 straight years in Blue (because the Blue cutoff was 31). My wife was not happy about that so I had to pony up to save the marriage, lol.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna bitch, but damn if this is accurate...looking at how bad I got bumped with the points I should have (not currently showing PPs to me)...there are going to be a lot of disgruntled folks.

You're right. But that's odd, because Prioity Points were online a few weeks ago.

I have 41 PP's and got Blue. Last year I had 29 PP's and got Purple after spending 20 straight years i n Blue because the Blue cutoff was 31. (My wife was not happy about that so I had to pony up to save the marriage, lol.)

I was told a month ago by my ticket rep they'd be doing a final update to points around the same time ticket and parking were done. I figure it'll be down till it's done.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
I'm not gonna bitch, but damn if this is accurate...looking at how bad I got bumped with the points I should have (not currently showing PPs to me)...there are going to be a lot of disgruntled folks.

Agreed. I want to see where they have me. I am not a big giver but with about 19 (19-21) points I thought I'd get silver with outside of black. If I legitimately got Light Blue then great for RU if not I might start bitching

Last edited:
I went from Light Blue to RAC, it seems. Pretty disappointing to not make it on campus. Not sure why I would pay in advance for RAC tix. Oh well. Looks to at least be $10 cheaper a game. I hate the bus line after the game.

I was bumped to tan lot with 19 points. I expect to see more empty spots in the yellow and blue lot as RU continues to artificially suppress supply to get us to donate more....

Reactions: LeonardLeap23
I went from Light Blue to RAC, it seems. Pretty disappointing to not make it on campus. Not sure why I would pay in advance for RAC tix. Oh well. Looks to at least be $10 cheaper a game. I hate the bus line after the game.

How many points do you have?

I was bumped to tan lot with 19 points. I expect to see more empty spots in the yellow and blue lot as RU continues to artificially suppress supply to get us to donate more....

I should amend my previous post. Come fall, if it looks like they are artificially suppressing supply to squeeze money out of customers, I may do more than bitch in the end.

Reactions: Local Shill
I should amend my previous post. Come fall, if it looks like they are artificially suppressing supply to squeeze money out of customers, I may do more than bitch in the end.

Last year the yellow lot always seemed to be half empty.

I am in Green Lot with 110 PP and met the threshold of $2500. I am hearing that some of the cutoffs were roughly:

Scarlet 121
Green 92
Yellow 71
Blue 44
Purple 34
Black 26
Silver 20 (maybe 23 and Light Blue was 20...can't remember)

For reference, here was 2014.
Scarlet 96
Scarlet H/C 41
Green 71
Yellow 64
Blue 31
Purple 23
White H/C 22
Black 13
Tan 1+
Silver 1+
Light Blue 1+

Okay, so people are saying the "Yellow lot seemed half empty" often last year and that people will get pushed out of Scarlet because of the $2,500 donation minimum (presumably leading to empty spots).

All of which I don't doubt. But how can this be justified? People are getting pushed further and further away from the stadium even though there are plenty of spots available closer? I understand supply and demand, but if the demand is not there ... I mean, call me a nut, but I don't get it.

Okay, so people are saying the "Yellow lot seemed half empty" often last year and that people will get pushed out of Scarlet because of the $2,500 donation minimum (presumably leading to empty spots).
The Scarlet lot will be jam-packed as usual, but this season the lot will include many new fans with deeper pockets.

Tried to get back into yellow. Think my PP total is 64. Didn't make it. Blue lot again.

RUChris,

How many points did you have? I decided not to pay for parking this year because they couldn't tell me if I would be in the RAC or not.

Hearing cutoff for Busch Campus lots is 19 points. I think it was like 2 or 3 in prior years. That's crazy. 2,000 new season ticket holders (allegedly) can't account for all that, can they?

The Scarlet lot will be jam-packed as usual, but this season the lot will include many new fans with deeper pockets.
If that's true those NEW fans better also have the required priority points or you can just throw out the whole priority point system and go with the minimum donation for each lot.

Well I guess I made the right choice then to not pay for parking this year. I'll pay on game day if I have to.

Hearing cutoff for Busch Campus lots is 19 points. I think it was like 2 or 3 in prior years. That's crazy. 2,000 new season ticket holders (allegedly) can't account for all that, can they?

No, think logically. Pure manipulation on RU's part. Is there more demand? Sure there is. ....is there a sudden influx of people that never bought a ticket before suddenly donating thousands? I doubt it...

I was in blue lot 3 years ago and suddenly I'm barely on Busch campus? Let's get real here....something stinks

I got suckered into the parking idea....I thought with the giving and the bowl tickets I donated that I would get Purple or Black at worst. But they stuck me in Silver. Only 0.67 points away from being in Black. I'm tempted to just sell that pass and park by the church or the houses so I don't have to walk clear across Busch.

Its not just that... other factors in play... early renewal bonus and bowl ticket donation bonuses as well. Its not just about new people.

I see my priority point total at 78.75 and that puts me in Yellow.
Last year's totals and this years in parentheses-some pretty big jumps except Yellow.

Scarlet: 96 (121)
Scarlet Handicap: 41 (54)
Green: 71 (92)
Yellow: 64 (71)
Blue: 31 (44)
Purple: 23 (34)
White Handicap: 22 (36)
Black: 13 (26)
Tan: 1+ (14)
Silver: 1+ (20)
Light Blue: 1+ (15)
RAC -- (13 and under)

Its not just that... other factors in play... early renewal bonus and bowl ticket donation bonuses as well. Its not just about new people.

Definitely agree on this one. We had a ton of bowl donations from what I remember and early renewal deadline played a factor. If you think about it, if you renewed early (5 bonus points) and donated 5 bowl tickets ($35/ticket, $175 overall, 5 bonus points) you get 10 points right there. Would make a huge difference for someone who parked in Tan/Light Blue the last few years

No, think logically. Pure manipulation on RU's part. Is there more demand? Sure there is. ....is there a sudden influx of people that never bought a ticket before suddenly donating thousands? I doubt it...

I was in blue lot 3 years ago and suddenly I'm barely on Busch campus? Let's get real here....something stinks

100% agreed. It's what? A 10x-20x increase? How do you not reach out to people who put down deposits and not let them know what's up along the way? Getting bumped from blue to purple is one thing, gettnig bumped from purple to the RAC is a being misled, imo.

Definitely agree on this one. We had a ton of bowl donations from what I remember and early renewal deadline played a factor. If you think about it, if you renewed early (5 bonus points) and donated 5 bowl tickets ($35/ticket, $175 overall, 5 bonus points) you get 10 points right there. Would make a huge difference for someone who parked in Tan/Light Blue the last few years

I forgot about all that. I think that's early payment thing was a pretty grubby move on the school's part, tho. It's not the end of the world but I feel like we're getting big timed a little bit by our own school.

My points are listed as 69.75 - have 2 passes and was moved to purple this year (last year was yellow). At least it won't be muddy! I made my donation in February of this year and get a corporate match but unfortunately since my company changed systems it wasn't processed and sent in until early June! I think my total would have been in the low 80's otherwise. At least I may get OK basketball parking! Also, I noticed on the priority points they only list annual and lifetime giving/points and bonus points but nothing for consecutive years as season tx holder and multiple sports.

Reactions: Zombo NJ
Actually your example is 11.925 points.

Last edited:
RUChris,

How many points did you have? I decided not to pay for parking this year because they couldn't tell me if I would be in the RAC or not.

Not sure really. I'm just a 2nd year season ticket holder for 3 tickets. I did do the early renewal so I would've hoped that would help, but if the cutoff is 19 points there's no way I got even close. Last year was just 1 point!

My points are listed as 69.75 - have 2 passes and was moved to purple this year (last year was yellow). At least it won't be muddy! I made my donation in February of this year and get a corporate match but unfortunately since my company changed systems it wasn't processed and sent in until early June! I think my total would have been in the low 80's otherwise. At least I may get OK basketball parking! Also, I noticed on the priority points they only list annual and lifetime giving/points and bonus points but nothing for consecutive years as season tx holder and multiple sports.

did you make this your next choice after yellow? I have less points and in Blue which I had as first choice since no chance at yellow

I'm actually glad I didn't bother with the early renewal because it wouldn't have done a thing for me.

I suppose these are program growing pains but man it's annoying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT