ADVERTISEMENT

Parking Assignments Now Available on SK.com

If WRESTLING counts towards priority points that would be ridiculous and I and many would be done. I mean WRESTLING!! ARE YOU KIDDING.

Sojo: Michigan and pretty much all of our counterpart in the B1G reward Season Ticket Holder of all Season Ticketed Sports ( Hockey, Wrestling, Volleyball,Soccer Lacrosse.)

Oh and Sojo - Rutgers ranks in the TOP 10 nationally in Wrestling Attendance, so do some research before you spout your mouth off.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/28530659/...te-and-uni-in-top-10-for-wrestling-attendance

Last edited:
JP, believe me you will be happier if you go to yellow not green. I was in Scarlet for many years and could still qualify but I went to Yellow because some friends were there and never looked back.

Not as tight between cars, great people, very easy in and out. After a year you will not even think about the Scarlet lot.

Sorry RC, didn't mean to confuse you. I was talking about the green lot since I have some friends there and have spent some time tailgating there.

I am in the yellow lot, have been for years, and love it.

Like others, as I have to keep upping my donation to stay in and I find out that I upped my donation to stay in yellow, but got bumped for a pp or two, I am going to be pissed, as should every body this is happening to now.

Guys, it's supply and demand. There is a finite amount of spaces compared to season ticket holders. The system is fair. Bottom line; more years, tickets and donations gets you the better lot. Deal with it. I remember last year people saying that paying $50 for parking is crazy. Guess what? People are willing to pay it, and donate on top of it.

Fair? Not if you are a long time fan, on a fixed budget, and can't keep up with donations. You don't mean fair, you mean "tough s_ _t" Fine, its your right to have that attitude, and many on here do, but wait till you are on a fixed budget, have had tickets and parking passes for 30 years, and then get bumped over to the RAC. You won't be singing the same tune.

Reactions: strings74
This half-empty yellow lot talk has to stop.

In past years they oversold it.. so if you had a yellow lot pass.. but did not arrive early enough.. for whatever reason.. for a well attended game.. you were sent off to some other satellite lot.

They just cannot do that to people who donate enough for yellow or better.

It would also be nice if they bothered to plant some grass or something to keep down the dust and mud in yellow. The high part of yellow nearer the circle is plain ugly.

It would be nice if they tried planting grass in all of the 'grass' lots in the spring. We end up bringing hay now.

In Blue with 49 points. Been there since the mid 90s but every year I tell our tailgate crew to enjoy it as if it will be our last year in Blue. Because one of these years soon it will be. Every year I up my $ and add tickets and the tide rises with me. Eventually I won't be able to keep up with the arms race. But I'm gonna go down tryin!

This is the first time in 12 Years of being a Season Ticket Holder that I am calling BS.

There is no way in Hell that the average donation increased 1100.00 from year to year. If this is the case I fully except a shovel in the ground for something athletic in the next 6 months due to the SURGE in Donations.
The donations didn't increase by that average. For example if you simply renewed early and then donated 10 bowl tickets you would gain 15 points and only costs you $300 (or $350?) on top of your required donation for your seats.

Some people keep forgetting the other ways to get points besides a straight donation of $100 for one point. Other people took advantage and moved up or at least maintained their lot because of this.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
the screw job comes in with the people who get f'd upping their donation to stay in their lot they were in last yeaer and then getting bumped down and not refunded....to me that's just taking advantage of people and leaves a bad taste
--------------------

well, they way they look at it, you have to donate so much to qualify for a lot, and no guarantee that you get that lot.....when they take your donation they don't know at that time if you will be in line for the lot you want...

and no one refunds donations......and a donation it is

If the Point Totals continue to increase the way they do Next Year the blue lot will require the equivalent of of a $5000.00 Donation and to park on Bush will Require an equivalent of $2000.00.
But we don't have $2M-$4M to build a Baseball/Softball practice Bubble.

I call Bullshit.

People who know me know I am a go with the flow kinda guy, but I am really perturbed that A long Time Season Ticket Holder who also goes to 2-3 Away Games a Year and donates a minimum of 1500.00 a year for the last 5 years can get pushed from the lot he has had since originally purchasing Season tickets.

Example: Blue Lot for 10 Years

11 Years Season Ticket Holder (This Year)
10,000.00 Total Donations
1500.00 This Year
6 Tickets
42 PP's and Purple Lot.

$1500.00 may not seem like alot to Rutgers Athletics, but it is alot to me, and I fell like my loyalty to the program is being spit on.

I know there are people who have had tickets longer and donate more who are going to tell me to shut up, but I've really just about had it.
Next Year I will likely not get parking. I would rather pay $20.00 a game and park on someones lawn and walk to Blue then spend $3500.00 to park in Blue Lot after donation and Parking Fees. The way I see it I will need to donated a minimum of $3000.00 to be considered for Blue Lot. (Would get me to about 58 points next year.)

I call on the Fan Advisory Board to suggest changes and additions for how to gain points.

1. Wrestling Season Ticket SHOULD Count towards PP's 1 point per consecutive year & one point per Ticket. (similar to Women's Basketball who Wrestling can probably outdraw within the next couple years) The Tickets cost just under $100.00 for the season so what is the harm in giving PP's for it, hell you might even entice people to buy them who normally are Single Ticket People.

2. If you purchase Away Game Tickets through Rutgers and attend the game you should be awarded Priority Points. This is pretty easy to find out as well if you want the priority points you need to pick your tickets up at Will Call.

3. Priority Point for arriving in the stadium Early like they do with students. I understand it's all about money, but you need to make money without alienating your most loyal fans who primarily are middle class.

There probably isn't a $1100 increase. All you had to do was pay in full before 12/31/14 and you got 5 extra points. That is equivalent to a $500 donation. Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

You could have also spent a bit over $200 and bought 6 $35 bowl tix and gotten 6 more points. Again ridiculous.

Both of these result in $0 going to RU's pocket yet you get 11 points ($1100 equivalent ) for a total of $200 spent. This is absurd if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUskoolie
The federal government is partly responsible for poor donation levels because if you can't itemize,it's a true donation.If they really value higher education,they would allow tax credits for these situations.

I've moved from yellow to purple now to silver though giving the $300 seat donation for 2 seats.

Too bad I can't use my yellow lot pass for the 1994 Kent opener.

There probably isn't a $1100 increase. All you had to do was pay in full before 12/31/14 and you got 5 extra points. That is equivalent to a $500 donation. Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

You could have also spent a bit over $200 and bought 6 $35 bowl tix and gotten 6 more points. Again ridiculous.

Both of these result in $0 going to RU's pocket yet you get 11 points ($1100 equivalent ) for a total of $200 spent. This is absurd if you ask me.
I'm glad we renewed early then. It got us the 5 points that kept us in black lot for one more year.

Sojo: Michigan and pretty much all of our counterpart in the B1G reward Season Ticket Holder of all Season Ticketed Sports ( Hockey, Wrestling, Volleyball,Soccer Lacrosse.)

Oh and Sojo - Rutgers ranks in the TOP 10 nationally in Wrestling Attendance, so do some research before you spout your mouth off.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/28530659/...te-and-uni-in-top-10-for-wrestling-attendance

Hey pal I'm aware of the "success" of the wrestling program. It shouldn't have an effect on football tickets.

Hey pal I'm aware of the "success" of the wrestling program. It shouldn't have an effect on football tickets.
The priority points are used for Football parking they are used for away game allocation ,basketball, basketball parking and wrestling Parking not just football.

Why not? Wrestling is one of the few sports that made a profit. Has the second best attendance of all sports. If I am paying for a season ticket for a RU sport I should get PP.

One resulted in money in their hands earlier to spend, invest, report, etc. don't underestimate that

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Fair? Not if you are a long time fan, on a fixed budget, and can't keep up with donations. You don't mean fair, you mean "tough s_ _t" Fine, its your right to have that attitude, and many on here do, but wait till you are on a fixed budget, have had tickets and parking passes for 30 years, and then get bumped over to the RAC. You won't be singing the same tune.

30 years, let's say 4 tickets, $100 donation a year and paying by 12/31 gets you into the blue lot

Reactions: demauroj
well shill if you donated as much as you bitch, complain, attack and bad mouth people you'd be parking in flood's spot--you're destined for the sewer like your attacks
Good Ru66, got my Brown and Scarlet.

I think all sports should count toward points. Treat them the same way you treat donations and make it 1 pt. for $100 spent in a given year.

It wouldn't do me any good, because outside of football the only other thing I do is maybe take in a few men's bball games.

Although come to think if it, I deserve points for that.

Sure, I pretty much only go with @RutgersRaRa and he never takes a dime for the ticket...

BUT - I always wind up traveling to the game while scrunched into the vestigial back seat of whatever vagina magnet he's driving this season, so... hardship.

Somehow this doesn't sit well with me. We were supposed to have a pp system that was skewed toward long time fans as a reward for supporting this program during lean times. Then slowly but surely they are taking it back by requiring large donations to keep you in even if you have plenty of pp.

Sorry, I know we need money in the BIG, but long time supporters who given plenty, have been in scarlet for many years and have 112 pp shouldn't be unceremoniously dumped from the Scarlet lot.

I feel for you Banks. I have 77 pp, the cutoff for yellow was 71, I already have to donate at least $2000 for my amount of season tickets, its getting harder and harder to keep up. Just a few years ago, I qualified for scarlet. Any year now maybe I will have to leave yellow where I have been for over 16 years.

But don't sweat it, you'll enjoy green, tailgated there a many times. some great people and great game day atmosphere.
It gets even worse with the new Priority Point category of "Consecutive years of Giving' with everyone who gives this year getting the points for THIS YEAR ONLY.
So they are disregarding my 30+ years of giving and putting me on equal footing with a new season ticket holder donating the $25 for 1 seat in the corner of the upper decks.

It gets even worse with the new Priority Point category of "Consecutive years of Giving' with everyone who gives this year getting the points for THIS YEAR ONLY.
So they are disregarding my 30+ years of giving and putting me on equal footing with a new season ticket holder donating the $25 for 1 seat in the corner of the upper decks.

Are you sure about this?

Just got the word from @RU848789 that our ticket group's three passes are in Yellow again. Which was our preference. So we're happy.

I got 3 I'm yellow as my
First choice. Could have had 3 green but missed
Scarlet by a few points

Agreed if my cumulative includes more than last year than so should my previous years. The current system is very unfair for long time ticket holders. I bet if they put a minimum consecutive years for certain lots it would help too. I would love to know the break down of season ticket holder lengths in years. I have donated to 10 consecutive year (equivalant of 20 points) but I will only get credit for this year just like the season ticket holder who joined the Big Ten Bandwagon.

It is unfair.

Another suggestion is bonus points for Consecutive Years.
10 Bonus for 10 Year Anniversary (Consecutive Years lose it if you break the cycle)
10 Point Bonus for 20 Year Anniversary (20 bonus points total for 20 consecutive years )

Last edited:
Do you also expect your property taxes to remain fixed? If you bought your house 40 years ago I can't imagine how much they've increased. Should you be allowed to stay if you can't afford it? Should your neighbors be cool having to pay more?

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Do you also expect your property taxes to remain fixed? If you bought your house 40 years ago I can't imagine how much they've increased. Should you be allowed to stay if you can't afford it? Should your neighbors be cool having to pay more?

Sorry, terrible analogy, this isn't about taxes. No one here said anything about thinking prices shouldn't rise. Its about rewarding long time season ticket holders.

I am glad you can afford to give whatever you need to stay in your lot. please come back and lets talk when that's not the case.

-------------------------

I don't understand what is going on, but my final point total SEEMS to have my consecutive years of bb and fb ticket HOLDING, added into the final total , even though the listed priority pts on my page only add up to 1/2 that amount..

plus, the linked page above says this:

• Consecutive Years of Purchase - The combined number of consecutive years in which you have been a full season ticket holder for football, men's and/or women's basketball. For example, if a supporter has been a football season ticket holder for 20 years, a men's basketball ticket holder for 15 years, and a woman's basketball season ticket holder for 10 years, they will be awarded with 45 Consecutive Years of Purchase priority points. A consecutive year is earned upon the completion of the full academic season. One point for each sport.

• doesn't this mean that someone with 30 years of bb and 30 years of fb get 60 points, still?..
if this is in effect this is more important, for most people, than consecutive years of giving...it seems long term ticket holders are protected

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT