ADVERTISEMENT

Parking Assignments Now Available on SK.com

@wheezer - Yes it does, but what I'm pointing out is the part that is 'Consecutive Years of Giving' If you donated for 30 years you will get 2 points this year, the same as a first time season ticket holder who donates $25 for one seat in Section 201.

@wheezer - Yes it does, but what I'm pointing out is the part that is 'Consecutive Years of Giving' If you donated for 30 years you will get 2 points this year, the same as a first time season ticket holder who donates $25 for one seat in Section 201.

This amounts to nothing. With everyone starting this year, people who continually donate are all on equal footing and will have the same amount of points. That first time ticket holder gets 2 and you get 2. They are at no more of an advantage than you with this new category. You don't gain ground nor do you lose ground. It is a net zero for everyone who renews every year.

In my mind this was designed to prevent visiting fans (e.g. PSU) from coming in for only the years they are in Piscataway, donating a large amount for 1 year and displacing our fans every other year.

So how about we quit complaining, be thankful that we still have a system that gives credit for cumulative donations and give our administration some credit.

Got bumped from Blue to Tan with 32 pts, that makes no sense.
On a positive note, I don't mind the walk too bad, and it's easy in and out.

This amounts to nothing. With everyone starting this year, people who continually donate are all on equal footing and will have the same amount of points. That first time ticket holder gets 2 and you get 2. They are at no more of an advantage than you with this new category. You don't gain ground nor do you lose ground. It is a net zero for everyone who renews every year.

In my mind this was designed to prevent visiting fans (e.g. PSU) from coming in for only the years they are in Piscataway, donating a large amount for 1 year and displacing our fans every other year.

So how about we quit complaining, be thankful that we still have a system that gives credit for cumulative donations and give our administration some credit.

I disagree that it amounts to nothing and I agree with him,

I like most here donate annually. I have donated everyone for the last 10 which should entitle me to 20 additional points under the Cumulative years of giving criteria, however someone thought it would be reasonable to start everyone off at zero this year and to not go back beyond 2014. All this does in my eyes is tell your long time donors, thanks for the money suckers

• NEW! Consecutive Years of Giving - The number of consecutive years of giving to R Fund. Two points for each consecutive year of giving. These points, which reward donors for renewing their gifts annually, revert to zero if a year of giving is missed. Points will not be credited for retroactive athletic giving prior to the launch of R Fund on July 1, 2014. All supporters who donate between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015 will be credited with 1 year of giving and 2 priority points at the beginning of the new fiscal year on July 1, 2015. These priority points will count towards 2016 Football, 2016-2017 Men's Basketball, and 2016-2017 Women's Basketball.

I give the admin lots of credit for lots of things. Just a note for you to think about, we have board moderators, no need for you to lecture the board on what they can comment on with your condescending " stop complaining" remark. You can make your points without alienating people. Enjoy your day.

There probably isn't a $1100 increase. All you had to do was pay in full before 12/31/14 and you got 5 extra points. That is equivalent to a $500 donation. Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

You could have also spent a bit over $200 and bought 6 $35 bowl tix and gotten 6 more points. Again ridiculous.

Both of these result in $0 going to RU's pocket yet you get 11 points ($1100 equivalent ) for a total of $200 spent. This is absurd if you ask me.

And this is the main reason why priority points have jumped. Julie is artificially inflating the priority point levels with these "incentives". I jumped all over them, donated 8 - $35 tickets last year for the bowl game and renewed early. So I got 13 priority points at the cost of $280 to me...and I'm still not sure if I stayed in my lot. Many others did the same. If they don't do that again I highly highly doubt the priority point levels would be the same next year. I hate that they do it. It's just giving away priority points for silly reasons. I don't understand why there is a huge need to make people renew before the new year, other than for accounting purposes. Get rid of the silly incentives and you won't be distorting the market for parking.

Also a big +1 to the suggestion for priority point rewards for season tickets for other sports. It should count as 1 point if the season ticket is over $100, if the season ticket is under $100 then just use a decimal. For example, gymnastics season tickets $28 = .28 priority points.

I disagree that it amounts to nothing and I agree with him,

I like most here donate annually. I have donated everyone for the last 10 which should entitle me to 20 additional points under the Cumulative years of giving criteria, however someone thought it would be reasonable to start everyone off at zero this year and to not go back beyond 2014. All this does in my eyes is tell your long time donors, thanks for the money suckers

• NEW! Consecutive Years of Giving - The number of consecutive years of giving to R Fund. Two points for each consecutive year of giving. These points, which reward donors for renewing their gifts annually, revert to zero if a year of giving is missed. Points will not be credited for retroactive athletic giving prior to the launch of R Fund on July 1, 2014. All supporters who donate between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015 will be credited with 1 year of giving and 2 priority points at the beginning of the new fiscal year on July 1, 2015. These priority points will count towards 2016 Football, 2016-2017 Men's Basketball, and 2016-2017 Women's Basketball.

No, if they wanted to say thanks for your money suckers then they would not still be giving credit for your lifetime giving amount (or your consecutive years of tickets for that matter). Instead they would have said, we are redoing the system and it is done purely on what you donated this year.

Reactions: RUskoolie

But your lifetime giving amount (which is included in priority points) should destroy the first time season ticket holder's lifetime giving amount. I'm not seeing what isn't fair. If you just bought season tickets all those years with $0 donation then that's unfortunate.

Hopefully this will encourage people to donate more.
--------------
Not really more money, but doing it every year..... If the school is starting to award points for years donating, and this is year one for everyone, I have no problem with this, because my years as a ticket holder keeps me way ahead of both a new yearly donor or a new yearly ticket holder......long time seat holders probably do not need an additional point cushion

As an old dedicated codger, I have well over 60 points in the bank between FB and BB. Giving a newbie a point for something and me a point means nothing in the long run.

And I agree that it might be that the consecutive years donating will make it harder for visiting fans from getting good season seats by buying season passes every other year when they come here.

Reactions: Raritan83
Like many others, I got bumped to a different lot this year. Down to Purple from Blue. A short few years ago I was in Yellow. It is what it is I guess.

My one point of complaint is that the PP system rewards people that bundle their tickets in a huge group. The PP system, in theory, is supposed to reward those that give back to RU at the highest rates with their choice of parking location. Well if a small group of 4 ticket holders gives $2000 a year, or $500 per person that is worth 22 points. 20 for the current year, and 2 for lifetime giving. If a big group of 20 ticket holders gives $250 per person (half the per person rate of giving) that is $5000 for the group and worth 55 points. Not to mention they get more points for the actual purchasing of the football tickets as well, 20 points to 4 points.

I understand rewarding the purchase of more tickets. In general, they are supporting athletics by the ticket prices and putting fans in the seats. Unfortunately, the by-product of that is large groups banding together to effectively donate less. In my opinion, the priority points accumulated for the donation portion of your total priority points should be based on donations per person in the group.

And I agree that it might be that the consecutive years donating will make it harder for visiting fans from getting good season seats by buying season passes every other year when they come here.

Which is a good thing, let them sit in the cheap seats like every other school.

• NEW! Consecutive Years of Giving - The number of consecutive years of giving to R Fund. Two points for each consecutive year of giving. These points, which reward donors for renewing their gifts annually, revert to zero if a year of giving is missed. .

What if you donate $500 one year and then $100 the next? Does that count as "Renewing" your gift? Or do you have the donate the same, or more, each year to get the 2 points for "consecutive years of giving"?

What if you donate $500 one year and then $100 the next? Does that count as "Renewing" your gift? Or do you have the donate the same, or more, each year to get the 2 points for "consecutive years of giving"?
--------
I interpret that to mean that the amount of the gift does not matter.........

Reactions: IMARUFAN
What hoses up all formulas here is that a ticket account, whether they buy 1 ticket or 20, gets 1 priority point per year for consecutive years of purchase. Throws all calculations for seats locations and parking tag assignments out of whack. Consecutive year buyers are the program's most loyal and best supporters.

I do not post on here often but I read almost everyday. I have been a season ticket holder for over 5 years now and couldn't help but not open my mouth when I saw the PP jumps. I tailgate with many folks who are in the scarlet and green lots, some of whom were called after the 4/30 "Donation Deadline" to donate more because they had fallen short of scarlet for this season. Another thing that might need to be looked at by RU is where the Media is parking, I believe this is in the Green lot, along with all the fine folks who clean the stadium after the game. Why would you give a "premium" parking pass to Steve Politi? Make the guy who only writes bad about RU go park at the RAC and take the bus to the game.

Like many others, I got bumped to a different lot this year. Down to Purple from Blue. A short few years ago I was in Yellow. It is what it is I guess.

My one point of complaint is that the PP system rewards people that bundle their tickets in a huge group. The PP system, in theory, is supposed to reward those that give back to RU at the highest rates with their choice of parking location. Well if a small group of 4 ticket holders gives $2000 a year, or $500 per person that is worth 22 points. 20 for the current year, and 2 for lifetime giving. If a big group of 20 ticket holders gives $250 per person (half the per person rate of giving) that is $5000 for the group and worth 55 points. Not to mention they get more points for the actual purchasing of the football tickets as well, 20 points to 4 points.

I understand rewarding the purchase of more tickets. In general, they are supporting athletics by the ticket prices and putting fans in the seats. Unfortunately, the by-product of that is large groups banding together to effectively donate less. In my opinion, the priority points accumulated for the donation portion of your total priority points should be based on donations per person in the group.

This is a good point. Not sure how to fix it though. If you come up with a good plan I'll forward it to the Mrs who can get it to the right folks in the AD.

I do not post on here often but I read almost everyday. I have been a season ticket holder for over 5 years now and couldn't help but not open my mouth when I saw the PP jumps. I tailgate with many folks who are in the scarlet and green lots, some of whom were called after the 4/30 "Donation Deadline" to donate more because they had fallen short of scarlet for this season. Another thing that might need to be looked at by RU is where the Media is parking, I believe this is in the Green lot, along with all the fine folks who clean the stadium after the game. Why would you give a "premium" parking pass to Steve Politi? Make the guy who only writes bad about RU go park at the RAC and take the bus to the game.

Excellent first post. Folks who don't pay, staff and media, should park off campus and get a free bus ride in. Especially media that holds us in a bad light.

And this is the main reason why priority points have jumped. Julie is artificially inflating the priority point levels with these "incentives". I jumped all over them, donated 8 - $35 tickets last year for the bowl game and renewed early. So I got 13 priority points at the cost of $280 to me...and I'm still not sure if I stayed in my lot. Many others did the same. If they don't do that again I highly highly doubt the priority point levels would be the same next year. I hate that they do it. It's just giving away priority points for silly reasons. I don't understand why there is a huge need to make people renew before the new year, other than for accounting purposes. Get rid of the silly incentives and you won't be distorting the market for parking.

Also a big +1 to the suggestion for priority point rewards for season tickets for other sports. It should count as 1 point if the season ticket is over $100, if the season ticket is under $100 then just use a decimal. For example, gymnastics season tickets $28 = .28 priority points.

Money paid to RU for season tickets of other sports should not be judged differently than money given as an athletic department donation (w/ the exception of Men's Basketball, I guess). You should not be rewarded by buying gymnastic season tickets, most likely not attending any games, and move ahead of me in PP. If the goal is getting the most $$$ possible then I would suggest - crunch the numbers and release tentative pp lots and assignments; then reach out to each person and provide a dollar amount to lock-in their lot from previous year or a higher amount to lock-in the next lot up. Start with scarlet and so on, releasing the lot assignments at different dates ie people in scarlet lot will know for sure June 1 and people in light blue will know July 15 or something to that effect. Everything else with this new system is fine.

No one here would be unhappy if just before locking in our lot they called us to give a heads up. The kicker is it was possible you were in silver or black, donated enough for purple thinking you could make the jump by taking advantage of the pp opportunities, and then got relegated to silver or light blue. If that effected someone they have the right to be disgruntled.

Last edited:

I would bet a bunch of folks got pushed from Red due to the increased corp/party area demand. I am sure those entertainment packages come with some nice parking.

Money paid to RU for season tickets of other sports should not be judged differently than money given as an athletic department donation (w/ the exception of Men's Basketball, I guess). You should not be rewarded by buying gymnastic season tickets, most likely not attending any games, and move ahead of me in PP. If the goal is getting the most $$$ possible then I would suggest - crunch the numbers and release tentative pp lots and assignments; then reach out to each person and provide a dollar amount to lock-in their lot from previous year or a higher amount to lock-in the next lot up. Start with scarlet and so on, releasing the lot assignments at different dates ie people in scarlet lot will know for sure June 1 and people in light blue will know July 15 or something to that effect. Everything else with this new system is fine.

So then what happens when everyone wants to re-up for say the Blue Lot and I want to pay-up to move up the Blue Lot? Only a certain amount of spots.

So then what happens when everyone wants to re-up for say the Blue Lot and I want to pay-up to move up the Blue Lot? Only a certain amount of spots.

Whoever has higher PP gets first chance to lock-in.

Sojo we will have to agree to disagree on this. My original point about providing PP's for all Season Ticketed Sports (something that almost all other B1G Schools do) is that it rewards the year round supporters of Rutgers Athletics. Contrary to popular belief there are other sports other than Football.

I personally have 6 Football Tickets , 4 Wrestling Tickets, and Share Basketball Tickets. I also attend Soccer and Lacrosse Game in the Fall and Spring. And would likely buy Season Soccer Ticket if I was rewarded by doing so.

Why should you as just a Football Supporter be on equal footing with me, and people like me, who support Athletics Year round and attend sporting event year round?

Obviously our counterparts understand that, which might also be why you see 2500 people at a men's soccer game in Michigan.

I know I am not alone in my thinking.

Whoever has higher PP gets first chance to lock-in.

But then that system could potentially result in less funds flowing in to the department....marginally but still less.

In the end there is no perfect system but we are probably as close as we can be. We reward those who have been here for the long haul (credit for seasons), we reward for prior donations but we also give the chance for someone to pony up this year with much needed donations to receive a better lot. Essentially, those newer people need to over donate to surpass those who have been here longer just to get on same footing.

Sojo we will have to agree to disagree on this. My original point about providing PP's for all Season Ticketed Sports (something that almost all other B1G Schools do) is that it rewards the year round supporters of Rutgers Athletics. Contrary to popular belief there are other sports other than Football.

I personally have 6 Football Tickets , 4 Wrestling Tickets, and Share Basketball Tickets. I also attend Soccer and Lacrosse Game in the Fall and Spring. And would likely buy Season Soccer Ticket if I was rewarded by doing so.

Why should you as just a Football Supporter be on equal footing with me, and people like me, who support Athletics Year round and attend sporting event year round?

Obviously our counterparts understand that, which might also be why you see 2500 people at a men's soccer game in Michigan.

I know I am not alone in my thinking.

No hard feelings!

I would only say that as long as the money is the same (ie Olympic sport season ticket costs = additional AD donation) then I believe standing should be equal. Now if they AD kept track of you being in your seat every game for all those Olympic sports games that's a different story! I attend a few soccer/bball/baseball every year as well just not sure there is a fair way to measure that assuming money is equal.

I would bet a bunch of folks got pushed from Red due to the increased corp/party area demand. I am sure those entertainment packages come with some nice parking.

The Corp and hospitality folks are actually given Yellow lot passes, which is why you always see it empty on games that are not big. RU has trouble selling hospitality because they refuse to sell Alcohol in the hospitality areas. I believe they even took away the hospitality areas in the upper corners this year because they did not sell last year.

Where's the real bathroom in Purple ?
In the Aquatic Building ?

I think its called the Computing Research and Education Building? The doors were usually unlocked and you can go into the lobby where the bathroom is. (unless they started locking them as of this past season?)

@RUsojo - Not sure you understand that the money that you pay to purchase season tickets DOES NOT count as a donation.
For example - purchasing 1 seat in Section 101 will cost you $350 and would require a Seat Gift amount of $50. Only the $50
counts as a donation, not the entire $400.

@RUsojo - Not sure you understand that the money that you pay to purchase season tickets DOES NOT count as a donation.
For example - purchasing 1 seat in Section 101 will cost you $350 and would require a Seat Gift amount of $50. Only the $50
counts as a donation, not the entire $400.

I'm aware.

Awesome!

Pushed down to whatever the hell the Black Lot is with 32 points, even though I increased my donation 10% like I was asked to, because somebody who donated $500 less got his application in before some arbitrary deadline.

Rutgers should give prime parking to the people who retweet the most Flood CHOP!s, since they're obviously the diehards.

It seems a lot of people missed out on the best way to get pp for this year: buying bowl game tickets to donate and paying for your season tickets in December

paying in December got you 5pp
donating bowl game tickets got you 1pp per ticket and 1pp for every $100 you spent. tickets were $30 each. we bought 10 tickets (10pp) at $300 (another 3pp) so in December alone we got 18pp added to our count.

Mr. Screw also has a monthly donation taken directly out of his checking account every month. it's a good way to make your donation without feeling the pain of having to write a big check.

there's also a lot of bricks and pavers still to be bought on the Scarlet Walk. that money counts towards pp and leaves a little legacy as well.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
It seems a lot of people missed out on the best way to get pp for this year: buying bowl game tickets to donate and paying for your season tickets in December

paying in December got you 5pp
donating bowl game tickets got you 1pp per ticket and 1pp for every $100 you spent. tickets were $30 each. we bought 10 tickets (10pp) at $300 (another 3pp) so in December alone we got 18pp added to our count.

Mr. Screw also has a monthly donation taken directly out of his checking account every month. it's a good way to make your donation without feeling the pain of having to write a big check.

there's also a lot of bricks and pavers still to be bought on the Scarlet Walk. that money counts towards pp and leaves a little legacy as well.

Wait...

He gets a check??

For napping??

Yeah, my big mistake was not donating tickets. Not sure why they were giving priority points for donating tickets since there was no mandatory allotment for this bowl game and RU was in no danger of eating tickets.

Reactions: Vejai
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT