ADVERTISEMENT

Peele moved to defense (CB)

Ru2bnj

Heisman Winner
Apr 21, 2006
According to NJ.com article regarding the uncertainty of Barnwell's status. According to article, Barnwell's status won't be known until after summer session in August. They must be fairly happy with the depth at WR, Peele is a really good, tough athlete.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
I really don't like that this had to happen but it's a good move. I know the staff is really high on incoming slot wr juwan Harris and feel he will be an early contributor.

It is the smart move at this part. Peele would have been the #4 WR and we need bodies in the defensive backfield.

Given the circumstances, it's clearly the right move.

Peele played pretty well in 2013 at DB considering he was just a Redshirt Freshman at the time. Should be even better after he spends a full training camp at the position combined with the experience of having played there and improvement that typically comes with maturation now that he's a RS JR.

Plus, we're still well stocked at WR (knock-on-wood) with Carroo, Grant, Tsimis, Agudosi, and Patton there.

Peele could be a very good CB. Like this move, but shame that it had to happen.

good luck to Peele at CB. Hopefully it was a mutual decision to get playing time. If not, then he may be unhappy and think he was slighted as a WR which can lead to him leaving the program next season.

Smart move: Peele wasn't exactly burning it up at WR this spring, probably because of the rust, but he was pretty far down the pecking order. This way he's at a position of need if he's able to regain his old form.

Peele played pretty well in 2013 at DB considering he was just a Redshirt Freshman at the time. Should be even better after he spends a full training camp at the position combined with the experience of having played there and improvement that typically comes with maturation now that he's a RS JR.

Plus, we're still well stocked at WR (knock-on-wood) with Carroo, Grant, Tsimis, Agudosi, and Patton there.

Totally agree. I thought Peele was very impressive at corner for having essentially just been thrown out there. With his size and athleticism, he just might be able to develop into a serious player there. And with big corners at a premium in college and especially the pros, it might be his path to the next level. One thing at a time, of course, but I feel good about the move.

AND incoming freshmen Rashad Blunt, Jawuan Harris, and Dontae Owens.

Hey who knows, this could be a blessing in disguise. Richard Sherman was switched from WR to CB in college to fill a team need. Now he's the best in the business. I do hope Ruhann is taking it all in stride though. Id have to believe he's cursed Darian Daily's name quite a few times over the past 24 hrs. I'm sure he's volunteered to be Barnwells "study buddy" as well.

Byron Jones recruited as WR at Yuckonn becomes 1st Rd pick at DB for the Dallas Cowboys. A future hall of famer for sure.

Peele is listed at 6'1. It's becoming more common for tougher NFL defenses to have taller CB's (6'0 or taller) to jam WRs at the line. Wonder if that will become common at the college level. There are guys like Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, Antonio Cromartie, Brandon Browner, Patrick Peterson, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Charles "Peanut" Tillman, etc. You'll notice there are a lot of current or former Seahawks in there. That's obviously part of their scheme. Byron Jones is also 6'1. Stanley Jean-Baptiste was drafted in 2014 by NO out of Nebraska last year and he's 6'3. If Peele turns out to be doing well in spring camp and ends up on the 2 deep, I wonder if Rossi could play more man press as opposed to the soft zone he used last year. With the depth they have at WR, I like this move.

I thought he was one of the best route runners on the team. The first down against Wash St. was as important as any of the plays that followed. Wish him success at CB. I agree the opportunity may be more favorable to him there.

I thought he was one of the best route runners on the team. The first down against Wash St. was as important as any of the plays that followed. Wish him success at CB. I agree the opportunity may be more favorable to him there.

Washington State?

He didn't play last year

Speaking of Washington State - Any talk of Goodwin returning to CB?
He's pretty set at RB right now - we'd have to lose several more before they'd consider moving him. Don't forget he did a pretty decent job at RB until he got hurt last year. Both him and Peoples got pretty dinged up in the games after PJ went down.

ADVERTISEMENT