ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State barely have any Pa starters

rutgersdave

Hall of Famer
Jan 23, 2004
Most of the starters listed are from New Jersey (7), Maryland (3), Penn (3), Virginia (2), NC (2), NY (2), and 1 from DE, MI, and GA.

Franklin needs to recruit New Jersey and Maryland.

Lion, at the risk of stating the obvious, what is obvious to you guys may not be obvious to most on this board.

Penn State isnt a hard school to recruit for. National championships, bowls galore, household names....kids grew up looking up to Penn State,,,,,,

They have far too many Top NJ stars and that's all that concerns me.

Outside a couple of years (including 2015), TTFP hasn't really pulled in much of the top talent from their own state (at least according to Rivals rankings in their database).

2015: 6 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 10 of top 20
2014: 0 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 2 of top 20
2013: 1 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 3 of top 20
2012: 1 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 2 of top 20
2011: 2 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 3 of top 20
2010: 7 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 8 of top 20
2009: 1 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 1 of top 20
2008: 1 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 3 of top 20
2007: 3 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 5 of top 20
2006: 3 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 4 of top 20

Penn State isnt a hard school to recruit for. National championships, bowls galore, household names....kids grew up looking up to Penn State,,,,,,

Penn State football is also the most disgraced athetic program in modern day sport.

That absolutely does not refute my statement.

It means that you are in the minority of opinion that think that.

Also, it is a minority opinion that no one that really matters listens to.

So, say it all you want. Fans (home and away) will still attend PSU games in great numbers, 4 and 5 star recruits will still want to play for PSU, and TV execs will still want PSU in primetime because they get huge ratings.

It means that you are in the minority of opinion that think that.

Also, it is a minority opinion that no one that really matters listens to.

So, say it all you want. Fans (home and away) will still attend PSU games in great numbers, 4 and 5 star recruits will still want to play for PSU, and TV execs will still want PSU in primetime because they get huge ratings.

1) It is most definitely not the minority opinion
2) Even if it were, it doesn't make it any less true. People are stupid, big surprise.

You can root for a disgraced program all you want. But you can't successfully argue it's not disgraced. (interesting that you didn't even try to).

Well, it's interesting that Pennsylvania doesn't have that many goo
How do you know who their starters are? They've officially announced their depth chart?
There is a depth chart on the BWI board. Most of them were starters last year and they added TE Gesecki and LB Cabinda as starters.

They did't grow up looking up to Penn State unless they are older than 30 years old. The best years for Penn State was 1970-1980's just like Syracuse, Miami and Pittsburgh.

Outside a couple of years (including 2015), TTFP hasn't really pulled in much of the top talent from their own state (at least according to Rivals rankings in their database).

2015: 6 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 10 of top 20
2014: 0 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 2 of top 20
2013: 1 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 3 of top 20
2012: 1 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 2 of top 20
2011: 2 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 3 of top 20
2010: 7 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 8 of top 20
2009: 1 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 1 of top 20
2008: 1 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 3 of top 20
2007: 3 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 5 of top 20
2006: 3 of top 10 committed to TTFP, 4 of top 20
Their recruiting/coaching staff in 2010-12 was at best, subpar, and at worst pushy and dishonest. Not surprised they didn't get a lot of PA kids. All before the Sandusky scandal so that had nothing to do with it.

"The best years for Penn State was 1970-1980's just like Syracuse, Miami and Pittsburgh."

But they did go undefeated in 1994...

"The best years for Penn State was 1970-1980's just like Syracuse, Miami and Pittsburgh."

But they did go undefeated in 1994...
They would have to still be around thirty years old to remember 1994( 21 years ago plus 8 years old=29) they been pretty average for the last 12 years

1) It is most definitely not the minority opinion
2) Even if it were, it doesn't make it any less true. People are stupid, big surprise.

You can root for a disgraced program all you want. But you can't successfully argue it's not disgraced. (interesting that you didn't even try to).
You mad??lol

Reactions: BK_TO_THE
They would have to still be around thirty years old to remember 1994( 21 years ago plus 8 years old=29) they been pretty average for the last 12 years
I dunno--if you you count two Conference Championships in 2005 and 2008 as average, but let's keep playing...

Who cares where there from, just try to keep the Nits from getting Jersey kids.
No matter how much you might dislike them , the Nits are a brand name in HS FB circles
and able to recruit outside of their state.

Besides (ask a Nit for confirmation) the Pennsylvania HS talent that went out of state or to Pitt
were never offered by Penn St.

Besides (ask a Nit for confirmation) the Pennsylvania HS talent that went out of state or to Pitt were never offered by Penn St.

Huh? Penn State fans can provide you a long list of PA talent that were offered by PSU and went out of state or to PItt.

If you would bother doing a minimum amount research you could find that information out yourself. Not too smart man.

How do you know who their starters are? They've officially announced their depth chart?
Projected starters...

QB - Hackenberg, VA
RB - Lynch, Canada
TE - Carter, DE
WR - Lewis, PA
WR - Hamilton, VA
WR - Godwin, DE
LT - Palmer, NC
LG - Mahon, NJ
C - Mangiro, NJ
RG - Gaia, MD
RT - Nelson, PA

DE - Nassib, PA
DT - Zettel, MI
DT - Johnson, NJ
DE - Sickels, NJ
LB - Bell, NJ
LB - Wartman, PA
LB - Cabinda, NJ
CB - Haley, GA
S - Allen, MD
S - Lucas, NY
CB - Williams, MD

NJ - 6
PA - 4
MD - 3
VA - 2
DE - 2
NC - 1
MI - 1
NY - 1
GA - 1
Canada - 1

Projected starters...

QB - Hackenberg, VA
RB - Lynch, Canada
TE - Carter, DE
WR - Lewis, PA
WR - Hamilton, VA
WR - Godwin, DE
LT - Palmer, NC
LG - Mahon, NJ
C - Mangiro, NJ
RG - Gaia, MD
RT - Nelson, PA

DE - Nassib, PA
DT - Zettel, MI
DT - Johnson, NJ
DE - Sickels, NJ
LB - Bell, NJ
LB - Wartman, PA
LB - Cabinda, NJ
CB - Haley, GA
S - Allen, MD
S - Lucas, NY
CB - Williams, MD

NJ - 6
PA - 4
MD - 3
VA - 2
DE - 2
NC - 1
MI - 1
NY - 1
GA - 1
Canada - 1

Good summation, but I will add that their is a Stanford graduate transfer coming in named Reihner who is from Scranton, PA. He will hopefully occupy one of the interior OL positions that you have named.

Good summation, but I will add that their is a Stanford graduate transfer coming in named Reihner who is from Scranton, PA. He will hopefully occupy one of the interior OL positions that you have named.
Have heard that he will likely be a backup. It may depend on how Mahon and Gaia progress.

Have heard that he will likely be a backup. It may depend on how Mahon and Gaia progress.

PSUs OLine is certainly not set in stone right now. I don't think there is one guy that is certain to start at a particular position. Closest one is Nelson. I've seen Mangiro speculated at almost every OL position.

[MADHAT1 said:
Besides (ask a Nit for confirmation) the Pennsylvania HS talent that went out of state or to Pitt were never offered by Penn St.]

Huh? Penn State fans can provide you a long list of PA talent that were offered by PSU and went out of state or to PItt.

If you would bother doing a minimum amount research you could find that information out yourself. Not too smart man.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o6_500.gif

[MADHAT1 said:
Besides (ask a Nit for confirmation) the Pennsylvania HS talent that went out of state or to Pitt were never offered by Penn St.]

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o6_500.gif

Typical reply from MadHat. Do you ever get tired of being wrong??

Are you going to come over to the PSU board again this year after the game and suck up to us?? Look forward to it.

Typical reply from MadHat. Do you ever get tired of being wrong??

Are you going to come over to the PSU board again this year after the game and suck up to us?? Look forward to it.

That's know as class, which many NitWits ( like you) don't know what it is.
When your school loses, even to a school you hold in contempt, you congratulate the winning team on their win.
Especially if you have been claiming that school will lose.
After Rutgers beats your NitPickers butts, don't expect you to do the same on this site.

Now some advice for you , about your replies to my posts here:
StopWhining.gif

You make false claim that Penn State fans, in general, don't acknowledge PSU offers to PA recruits that go to Pitt or other out-of-state schools.

I challenge that you are wrong and instead of offering some sort of facts to support your argument and refute me, you offer a .gif of a cat.

Showing off your top notch education once again.

Look forward to your next visit to our boards in September.

Last edited:
You make false claim that Penn State fans, in general, don't acknowledge PSU offers to PA recruits that go to Pitt or other out-of-state schools.

I challenge that you are wrong and instead of offering some sort of facts to support your argument and refute me, you offer a .gif of a cat.

Showing off your top notch education once again.

Look forward to your next visit to our boards in September.
cat.gif

Wow did you miss the point. Of course they were offered elsewhere. Of course they chose other schools. But in the minds of many if not most Penn State fans, they cannot fathom the thought that a kid would NOT choose PSU if he had an offer, so we see blanket statements on your board after a kid commits elsewhere that he "didn't have a committable offer" or wasn't ever really a priority, or the blatant lie that he never had an offer in the first place.

Are you really going to sit there and say that doesn't happen on the PSU board? If you think that, than if you do a minimum amount of research on your board, you will see that you are wrong

Reactions: MADHAT1
...Are you really going to sit there and say that doesn't happen on the PSU board? If you think that, than if you do a minimum amount of research on your board, you will see that you are wrong

That might be the case on the public or free boards but I think most Penn State fans realize that at the end of of the JoePa era he (and staff) weren't putting in the necessary effort on the recruiting trail. Maybe 1/2 the staff was recruiting and LJSr was probably doing the lion's share of that. Then IT happened and recruiting took a major hit. Although, the 2012 class was actually pretty highly ranked prior to that November.

But none of that history matters at this point as Franklin is doing pretty well keeping the area talent at PSU. I think from a win-loss standpoint our season can be pretty good but I still think this year is going to be a grind.

Wow did you miss the point. Of course they were offered elsewhere. Of course they chose other schools. But in the minds of many if not most Penn State fans, they cannot fathom the thought that a kid would NOT choose PSU if he had an offer, so we see blanket statements on your board after a kid commits elsewhere that he "didn't have a committable offer" or wasn't ever really a priority, or the blatant lie that he never had an offer in the first place.

Are you really going to sit there and say that doesn't happen on the PSU board? If you think that, than if you do a minimum amount of research on your board, you will see that you are wrong

Don't wast your time with that Lion8286 NitWit, it is just a fool fro B&W that thinks everyone should bow down to its POV and can't understand
a subtle hint about the way many Nits talk about PA recruits that don't think Penn St is the cat's meow and go to Pitt or out of state.
Gifs are the only way to engage NitWit fools like Lion8286 , honest intelligent discussions that require thinking are beyond Lion8286's realm of comprehension..
I expect it will whine about your post and this reply to it.

I said Penn St is a national brand and meant by that: even if they don't get the PA players they can get top talent from out of state.
Also recolonized they are a recruiting force in NJ and that has to be stopped.
That point in my message was a complement to the way the Nits can get talent, even if home cooking wasn't so good
and will add this :we all must ( leaving out the cause) admit roster restrictions made recruiting harder for Penn St FB coaches.
Bill O'Brien did a heck of a job keeping Penn St from being hurt as much as they could have been by his getting the us against the world attitude in his recruiting and team's attitude .

Joe P's recruiting towards the end I won't get into, but will say from his day to the present : many NitWits ( not decent B&W members)
falsely claim Penn St didn't offer when a recruit goes elsewhere and bringing that up upsets the NitWit trolls that infest this board.
I enjoy pissing them off ( gifs are a great way), but also am agreeable to hiving meaningful discussions (without insults hurled ) with the decent B&W members that visit this board.

So don't take my insulting NitWit trolls and liars as the way I treat the decent B&W members that come to this board, its not that way for me.
Show respect to SN members and Rutgers and you'll get it, show disrespect and you'll receive only grief from me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT