ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State game - any groups out there?

S_Janowski

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 24, 2009
Marlton, NJ
Have a busload of 50+ going to the Penn State game. I had hoped to purchase tickets through Rutgers but because of the purchase limit that Rutgers is putting on away game tickets I am looking into buying a block of group tickets from Penn state. Tickets are the same price ($100) if you buy them through Penn State and if you buy 50+ they go down to $90.

Anyway are there any groups of 20 + out there who think they'll be purchasing group tickets? We would like to surround ourselves with as many Rutgers fans as possible. Below is the seating map which shows the 2 group sections in the North end zone. Our group plans on purchasing tickets in one of these sections to extend the Rutgers section.

Also the ticket Rep said there has been a lot of demand for this game and it will either be the White out game or some type of "Themed" game.

The two orange sections are the two sections available for group ticket purchases. The second map, if accurate, shows where the visiting teams sit.

cid:DBA5A2FD-DDB7-431D-B9BD-AB27C25C0D10
Screen%20Shot%202014-01-14%20at%204.06.26%20PM.png

Last edited:
I'm heading up the above mentioned bus of 22 that does not have a stripper pole. I've been trying to work on a block of tix as well. I think we'd be interested in joining the 2 groups together

I'm heading up the above mentioned bus of 22 that does not have a stripper pole. I've been trying to work on a block of tix as well. I think we'd be interested in joining the 2 groups together

My minions have been in contact with the proprietor, who has agreed to install a stripper pole.

OP, did they tell you they would be selling single game tickets to this game? When I spoke to them they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't be part of a mini pack.

The orange section you guys are looking at is also the "recent" alumni section. So you will mostly be next to 21-26 year olds. Take that for what it's worth. I'm in section NF in the blue section and I love the end zone perspective.

where is the actual visitor section on this map? is the orange section any better/worse than that?

to the OP...can you post your email here so I can coordinate with you. I have some different ticket info that may be better than the orange section.

where is the actual visitor section on this map? is the orange section any better/worse than that?

The visiting section according to the seating map are the pink sections. However I've spoken with both the RU and PSU ticket offices and they couldn't give exact sections of where the Rutgers tickets will be for that game.

OP, did they tell you they would be selling single game tickets to this game? When I spoke to them they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't be part of a mini pack.

I didn't ask about single tickets. I would imagine with the prices that they set and the seating capactiy of Beaver stadium there will be single tickets available.

It's the pinkish/purplish section that is the other 1/3 of the north end zone. So orange is slightly better I guess. My seats used to be NAU, Row 88, 2 seats from the side rail & it's a definite wind tunnel up there.

The orange section you guys are looking at is also the "recent" alumni section. So you will mostly be next to 21-26 year olds. Take that for what it's worth. I'm in section NF in the blue section and I love the end zone perspective.

Thanks for the info. The group sections that they offered me in the north enzone were actually just the bottom two orange sections. I have another group seating map that I'm trying to post but and having some trouble.

I didn't ask about single tickets. I would imagine with the prices that they set and the seating capactiy of Beaver stadium there will be single tickets available.

Last year you could not buy a ticket for the white out game as a single ticket. You had to buy a mini pack. I was asking bc that could be the case those year as well.

The visiting section according to the seating map are the pink sections. However I've spoken with both the RU and PSU ticket offices and they couldn't give exact sections of where the Rutgers tickets will be for that game.
They are horrible seats. If you are going to buy 20 plus it's your only option. However, for small groups I'd buy elsewhere in the stadium. I asked on their board if anyone knew when they would be announcing ticket info but go no responses.

For your safety you should all wear body cams while there.

We had posters on our board saying the same type of thing last year about going to Piscataway. And I'll say the same thing here as I told them - It's nonsense, and the only people that will have trouble are the ones that go looking for trouble.

I've heard the same warnings over the years about going to OSU or Michigan and both experiences were great. I've been lucky in that I been able to tag along on some really good CFB road-tripping. Been to Alabama, UVA, Michigan, OSU, Wisconsin, The Kickoff Classic @ the Meadowlands back in '96, Syracuse @ Met-Life, UCF @ Ireland, Indiana @ FedEx field and have never had one issue. Most people are actually out of their way welcoming to visiting fans in my experience.

Reactions: vkj91
I was threatened in Rutgers Stadium last year by a ttfp fan. So you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing was directed at him or any other poster. My family is from Lancaster, I have family that are ttfp grads.

I was threatened in Rutgers Stadium last year by a ttfp fan. So you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Out of curiosity, what does threatened mean to you? I've had people say stupid stuff to me before but I never actually took it as an actual threat. The worst example, at Wisconsin and it was right after the Sandusky arrest, some drunk guy said something to the effect of I better take off my PSU shirt if I knew what was good for me and something about being a kiddie toucher. This was at the end of the game when Russell Wilson and Co. curb-stomped us (45-7) so I'm sure he was more aggressive than normal. I didn't escalate the situation and he kept on walking but I didn't let that one 30 second encounter ruin my weekend or hold it against the other 50 or 60 Wisconsin fans that we interacted with that were awesome. I don't go on message boards saying to wear a body cam in Wisconsin b/c of it either.

Reactions: RUhobbit
I sat next to 2 ttfp fans at the game that accused me of taking up there space told me to move over or there would be problems they then pushed me in the back & elbowed me during the entire game. Also ttfp fans were obnoxiously drunk in the concourse area and purposely pushed girls who were wearing Rutgers shirts and waiting for the bathroom into the wall.

I would like to go to the game but I do not feel safe. There were far too many ttfp fans that were extremely drunk and obnoxious. I assume they will only be more drunk and more obnoxious at home.

I would like to go to the game but I do not feel safe. There were far too many ttfp fans that were extremely drunk and obnoxious. I assume they will only be more drunk and more obnoxious at home.

I don't know if that's a fair assumption. Being so close to NYC you may have had some fans who don't often to make it to games so that might have been their big weekend that year. Think of it this way - You're probably not going to be able to just go out and run a marathon and most people can't just go out and drink for 12 hours without training either. You need some practice tailgating before doing that. Night games are all about pace. For me, the dangerous games are the 12 o'clock games because it goes from pace to race. Only 5 hours of tailgating isn't enough time.

WRT your safety all I can say is there are 97k to 108k fans here every home game and I have never seen a PSU fan fight another team's fan and if I had I would stop it. I'd like to think that there are way more people out at football games like me than people that are there looking for trouble. It's Happy Valley; there's no reason to be angry here.

I hate sitting in a bad location seat. While tailgating, and seeing a different campus is fun, having a great seat is the most important factor in my decision to make a road trip, or at least a good seat. It's why I hate watching games at Yankee Stadium, almost no good seats anywhere.

Well, this wasn't a fight but it wasn't too nice on the State Penn fans' part.

You won't get any disagreement from me there but it was pretty dumb for OSU fans to walk down some alley on frat row. This is not the scene at the tailgating lots. You really have to go out of your way to get from the tailgating fields to frat row so you shouldn't encounter this. For some perspective, can you say PSU fans would been treated better had we walked down your frat row last year? And I'm against their behavior on 2 levels, 1. they are portraying themselves and my alma mater negatively, and 2. and more importantly :) they are wasting beer!

Local Shill,"Well, this wasn't a fight but it wasn't too nice on the State Penn fans' part".

You're right. Except for the fact that the instigator was a fraternity member from Pitt who was visiting probably should be mentioned.

Last edited:
to the PSU posters.....is tailgating allowed in the Bus lots? Tents (I know the official rules say no tents but so does the RU official rules and no one pays attention.)? better to buy a parking spot there in advance or pay when we get there?

I actually think the expectation of ttfp fans was that we would be hostile to them and they were trying to compensate. I usually only have problems with ttfp fans that are from Jersey, PA fans are fine. I'm sure most will be fine but I don't feel safe after my experiences last season.

to the PSU posters.....is tailgating allowed in the Bus lots? Tents (I know the official rules say no tents but so does the RU official rules and no one pays attention.)? better to buy a parking spot there in advance or pay when we get there?

Not sure about the designated bus lots. I'd assume yes, it seems like there are tents everywhere, but I park in yellow 24 (see parking map below). I get 4 car spaces for my Short Bus and have plenty of room for my 10' x 20' tent. The downside to yellow 24 is that there are only so many levelish spaces so you have to be in line when the gates open. If you don't get a definitive answer before the game I can scope it out during our first home game against... Buffalo, really Buffalo ugh.

Last season buses were the same price whether you pre-bought or paid day of, but everything else was significantly cheaper to pre-buy. It's not about making more $$ off parking, it's about getting vehicles parked as efficiently as possible. At least that's what the parking office tells us. So I'd still pre-buy if I was you.

Last years parking map: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...f/2014-15/misc_non_event/Stadium_Map_2014.pdf

I actually think the expectation of ttfp fans was that we would be hostile to them and they were trying to compensate. I usually only have problems with ttfp fans that are from Jersey, PA fans are fine. I'm sure most will be fine but I don't feel safe after my experiences last season.

you don't feel safe? the ghetto of State College scares you? well, you should probably stay home then. rest assured, I'll be partying with all the Rutgers' fans at the bars Friday night and tailgates on Saturday. you'll be missed

thanks. the plan was to purchase in advance just assure us a spot and you have confirmed that. We're just going to pack one 9x9 tent so if we can set it up we will and if not it's not really a big deal. I appreciate your input for this thread.

Reactions: jason21psu
you don't feel safe? the ghetto of State College scares you? well, you should probably stay home then. rest assured, I'll be partying with all the Rutgers' fans at the bars Friday night and tailgates on Saturday. you'll be missed
Being harassed is not my idea of a good time. I'm not someone that is good at turning a cheek, so it's better for all that I stay home.

Being harassed is not my idea of a good time. I'm not someone that is good at turning a cheek, so it's better for all that I stay home.

agreed....who likes being harrassed? if I can safely predict I'll be harrassed somewhere, i'd probably stay home too. i've been to away games every year for 15 years straight....zero issues. for you?....harrassment seems to be a certainty.....in your own stadium, I might add. you might be the anomoly

NLU is the visitors section from my experience. Don't forget to purchase parking passes. They went up in price this year so I'm not entirely sure, but in the past game day parking was more expensive.

to our PSU posters.... I'm looking at the game day pamphlet from PSU that says there is no tailgating spots in the bus lot but we can request space by "the outdoor track". Our busload of 22 has plans to Tailgate. where is the outdoor track? I can't seem to find it on the map.

any input on this you can give me would be much appreciated.

psumap_zpsojyvhbzp.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT