ADVERTISEMENT

Phil Campbell

RealityChech2

Senior
Mar 21, 2007
This is a very under the radar kid so far.

of the three South Brunswick kids Strickland, Jabbie and Campbell I think Campbell will have the best college career. Kid has very good size, speed and instinct. He will be a tremendous safety in college.

I watched his highlight video. I love how he hits with authority and is constantly chasing people down from behind. I don't know much about his coverage skills though.

I coached him and little Mo in Pop Warner... Phil was always the best player on the field. Great kid and a great Rutgers family. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't stay home. He was offered by WVU on Friday and RU on Saturday..

I have no idea if you were really their Pop Warner coach, but I will ask this anyway. How was Campbell in pass coverage and getting deflections/interceptions?
I ask because I watched his highlight film and LOVED the way he attacks the ball carrier and chases down QB/RB's from behind all day. I didn't see many plays where the ball was in the air though.

There were like 6 or 7 coaches.. But at that level of Pop Warner, there were maybe 2-3 passes thrown in a game so there wasn't much pass coverage at 10 years old. Phil played LB and Mo played corner on D. Phil was a quiet kid but smart and was one of the hardest hitters we had. My son moved to Hightstown so I haven't watched the SB kids mature over the last 6 years..

Very interesting thanks for the insight RUtom. Sounds like Phil is the quiet type in the locker room who becomes a warrior on the field. And from what I have seen he still is the hardest hitting kid on their team which I love. It definitely makes an impact when there is a safety looming back their who you know will lay the BOOM if gets the chance...makes receivers keep him in the back of his mind.

This is a very under the radar kid so far.

of the three South Brunswick kids Strickland, Jabbie and Campbell I think Campbell will have the best college career. Kid has very good size, speed and instinct. He will be a tremendous safety in college.
Thank you RealityChech2

I don't understand what you are thanking me for or is this sarcasm?
Not everybody on here lives and dies with the recruiting game so some posters might not know every name or where this guy might project to play in college.

I was thanking you for putting in his position in your OP.

ADVERTISEMENT