ADVERTISEMENT

PNC Bank Arts Center - $10 upgrade tickets

RUfinal4

Heisman Winner
Apr 24, 2006
My wife went to see Bryan Adams last week. She had decent seats nd found out the people next to her were able to upgrade from lawn seats to regular seats for $10. They claimed they were offered a $10 upgrade when they entered.

Does anyone else know about this? Where do you go for these upgrades?

I was there too and heard the same thing. They said you have to ask the ushers about it once you enter the arena.

Great show, BTW!

I used to always 'tip' a NY Yankee usher $20 to have him find me and a friend a box seat ( we had crappy upper deck seats). Almost always worked. I haven't tried this in years however.

Maybe the PNC ushers had the same idea.

Yup, very common at PNC. There's an email list and a website, I believe, where they offer the upgrades a few hours prior to the show. If you call the box office I think they have the info. Well worth checking into if you are going to a show.

Does the parking experience still feel like a police state? I stopped going to PNC because it was just ridiculous how heavy handed the security was against tailgating. Also, when you try to get out to go Parkway south, they will not let you do that sometimes and direct you onto Parkway North. Place was better run and more enoyable when it was the Garden State Arts Center.

Does the parking experience still feel like a police state? I stopped going to PNC because it was just ridiculous how heavy handed the security was against tailgating. Also, when you try to get out to go Parkway south, they will not let you do that sometimes and direct you onto Parkway North. Place was better run and more enoyable when it was the Garden State Arts Center.
I wouldn't know. I go in the back way because I live like 5 miles away in Monmouth County.

My wife went to see Bryan Adams last week. She had decent seats nd found out the people next to her were able to upgrade from lawn seats to regular seats for $10. They claimed they were offered a $10 upgrade when they entered.

A few years back we went to see STP. Right after we entered the main gate a guy from PNC offered us the $10 upgrades. He had a whole stack of tickets. I don't know if there is a way to ask for them but they are offered at times. I guess $10 is better than an unused ticket. I also think it was raining the night we went so it was a no brainer.

I think the back way may be Telegraph Hill Road, but I'm not sure. I haven't gone to the Arts Center since PNC took over, but I remember a friend driving us out back roads. I think it was from the parking lot on the southbound side.

I think the back way may be Telegraph Hill Road, but I'm not sure. I haven't gone to the Arts Center since PNC took over, but I remember a friend driving us out back roads. I think it was from the parking lot on the southbound side.

Google maps shows you can get in via S. Holland on the northbound side (via Memorial Lane) and Crawfords Corner on the Southbound side.

linky

Google maps shows you can get in via S. Holland on the northbound side (via Memorial Lane) and Crawfords Corner on the Southbound side.

linky
Just saw Def Leppard with Styx and Tesla and the tailgaiting was fine. Not much trooper presence... was able to partake in adult activities without harrassment. As far as the upgrades...we did the same for $10....it was on the left as you entered...there were girls at a table that would take your tix and give you tix for seats. worked out well...I too had soured on PNC because of the scrutiny. Love going to Starland, you can park across street in the vfw lot and tailgate to your hearts content

Just saw Def Leppard with Styx and Tesla and the tailgaiting was fine. Not much trooper presence... was able to partake in adult activities without harrassment. As far as the upgrades...we did the same for $10....it was on the left as you entered...there were girls at a table that would take your tix and give you tix for seats. worked out well...I too had soured on PNC because of the scrutiny. Love going to Starland, you can park across street in the vfw lot and tailgate to your hearts content

How was Def Leppard? First concert I ever went to was Def Leppard/Billy Squier in 1983-84 and they were excellent.

I used to always 'tip' a NY Yankee usher $20 to have him find me and a friend a box seat ( we had crappy upper deck seats). Almost always worked. I haven't tried this in years however.

Maybe the PNC ushers had the same idea.

My buddy from HS and I did the exact same thing at Yankee Stadium back in the day when the Stadium ushers took good care of us. We always sat in lower boxes a few rows off 3rd base. If the real ticket holders showed up after the game began, the usher always showed us to our new seats nearby. Once we bought in we had "Protection" from the usher.

We sat in those seats the night that Zap ran down Bobby Meachem at home plate vs the White Sox. Meachem had to be the worst and slowest base runner on the Yanks that season. Zap got a bad rap on that play as Meachem was the real villain for not scoring from 2nd base on a double up the LF gap by Rickey Henderson. Unfortunately Billy Martin blamed the wrong guy when they got back to the dugout. Have never seen Billy that ballistic after a play.

Apropos of nothing, I saw Poison and Warrant here in 2002. Awesome show. PNC Bank Arts center is truly the place where the jean jacket and mullet will never die.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT