ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Do you donate to RU NIL collectives?

Have you donated to RU NIL Collectives?

• Total voters
Yeah- he has a great ceiling...lol
He’d immediately inject an energy into this fan base like we’ve never seen

His recruiting is light years ahead of GS
He’s won big everywhere he’s been

NFL & College hall of famer
Top 5 DB of all time

Took over a 1-11 team with a downtrodden fanbase and had em playing respectable in year 1

No 10 year rebuilds
No excuses

I love what GS has done here. Admire him as a man. If I had a son I’d love for him to play for Greg. His character speaks volumes. Great progress builder. Leader of men. Man of faith

But this is big boy football. He’s paid to win games. He’s pedestrian at best as a coach, and I don’t believe he’s the guy to get us over the hump

Is Deion elite? Not yet. Time will tell though if he gets to that level. He certainly has more potential than Greg. He’s in his 3rd year of coaching, first in FBS. Greg’s on year 15?

I’m about winning. Period. I come to watch teams compete and hopefully win. Our ceiling w Deion vs Greg woukd be exponentially higher, and that’d immediately be reflected via increased season ticket sales, donations to R fund and NIL

I’ll never criticize people that don’t contribute to NIL

It doesn’t make you less of a fan and doesn’t mean you don’t value winning

My only point with that though is if You don’t contribute, you have to be comfortable with a steady diet of Pinstripe / quik lane Bowls, regular 20+ point losses to psu / osu / Mich, and fringe top 25 classes

Since i don’t think Greg’s ceiling is winning anything more than 8 games, I’ve sliced my fb donation in half in favor of lax / bball

I’m ok w the current status quo bc I truly don’t feel he can get us over the hump

Now if we hired Deion / Urban (not saying they’d come here but using as example), I’d immediately increase my fb donation but keep same levels for lax/bball bc then I’d believe in 3 coaches

Grab us Burroughs or Hahn for wrestling and I’d increase that as well, without cutting off the others

To each his own as everyone has different priorities
Keep Sanders away…keep Meyers away… if the NIL doesn’t improve all the coaches you mention aren’t Rutgers bound.

Keep Sanders away…keep Meyers away… if the NIL doesn’t improve all the coaches you mention aren’t Rutgers bound.
They’re not Rutgers bound regardless, but if we the chance to get either we’d be crazy not to jump at it

He’d immediately inject an energy into this fan base like we’ve never seen

His recruiting is light years ahead of GS
He’s won big everywhere he’s been

NFL & College hall of famer
Top 5 DB of all time

Took over a 1-11 team with a downtrodden fanbase and had em playing respectable in year 1

No 10 year rebuilds
No excuses

I love what GS has done here. Admire him as a man. If I had a son I’d love for him to play for Greg. His character speaks volumes. Great progress builder. Leader of men. Man of faith

But this is big boy football. He’s paid to win games. He’s pedestrian at best as a coach, and I don’t believe he’s the guy to get us over the hump

Is Deion elite? Not yet. Time will tell though if he gets to that level. He certainly has more potential than Greg. He’s in his 3rd year of coaching, first in FBS. Greg’s on year 15?

I’m about winning. Period. I come to watch teams compete and hopefully win. Our ceiling w Deion vs Greg woukd be exponentially higher, and that’d immediately be reflected via increased season ticket sales, donations to R fund and NIL
Immediate energy- yes- 80% as negative as it gets
Recruiting - Rivals RU 33 Co 63 247 - RU 35 composite 35 CO 63 Composite 63
Won Big -he won with JS and is 4-7 with the big boys WTF?
NFL/College Player - OK and so is OJ Simson
Took over 1-11 - dumped them all and came in with a bunch of mercenaries who he will dump again after this year

Deion tried something new and different. It got big eyes on him and many thought it may be the new way to go- he forgot something- How to f-ing coach anyone up. Sits there and blames the players and then the one legit guy on staff.

Maybe Greg isn't the guy but Deion- "Come on man"

Immediate energy- yes- 80% as negative as it gets
Recruiting - Rivals RU 33 Co 63 247 - RU 35 composite 35 CO 63 Composite 63
Won Big -he won with JS and is 4-7 with the big boys WTF?
NFL/College Player - OK and so is OJ Simson
Took over 1-11 - dumped them all and came in with a bunch of mercenaries who he will dump again after this year

Deion tried something new and different. It got big eyes on him and many thought it may be the new way to go- he forgot something- How to f-ing coach anyone up. Sits there and blames the players and then the one legit guy on staff.

Maybe Greg isn't the guy but Deion- "Come on man"
Negative? Guy team was 1-11 last year and he wants to… wait for it… win

Watch Deion end of cycle, nothing final til NSD. Hel reel in a bunch of studs and GS needs to hand on to our class

Guy is literally in year 1 of a rebuild. Do you honestly think GS has a higher ceiling than Deion?

If so, I’ll respectfully agree to disagree. GS is who he is. A defense first, take little chances, 7-8 win max coach

Deion is a rookie shaking things up. Give me prime any day of the week over GS. Not even close

I just hate this question. I have friends that struggle to pay tuition. Would love to donate.

Anyway, hope the RU collectives keep advertising at the games and showing how the fanbase contributions are helping recruiting otherwise people are going to put that money to better use. As some have mentioned, it's a results driven game. We need to win recruiting battles and win more games to keep the momentum going.

11 a freaking month for something you love and spend entirely too much time on. Some are literally here all day and night. Posting at work home everywhere. That is a total emotional relationship but can’t give 11 a month. This site is some posters hobby and most of their friends or fake friends are here but shit on NIL it’s nuts.

Last edited:
11 a freaking month for something you love and spend entirely too much time on. Some are literally here all day and night. Posting at work home everywhere. That is a total emotional relationship but can’t give 11 a month. This site is some posters hobby and most of their friends or fake friends are here but shit on NIL it’s nuts.
Not donating is one thing

But the shit on it, and criticize others who do and call them crazy when it is literally the lifeblood of our program, and will largely depend on how we do moving forward, bothers the hell out of me

We’re all here because we want Rutgers to do well, and there is a small fraction who continually clown on it and those who donate

Weird stuff

You can chose which team gets it.

You can give as little as $11 a month. That’s less than a pizza. I’m pretty sure every can afford that.

It’s just establishing a culture of giving so that we can stay competitive.
A pizza can feed a family of four. Not sure what that $11 returns if u donate it to NIL. Likely nothing

How about companies with marketing budgets in the richest part of the world, put the money up for ummmmm the player Name, Image and likeness.
How this went from a commercial marketing play to fans- is what the **** pisses me off.
The school, Coaches, and Boosters should be getting it from them, not us. And it should have been something hard and fast in the NIL wording.

It kills me that some people live on this site, rep RU when they are good but when they are asked to donate half a pizza a month, they get all philosophical about why they don’t donate to teams they cheer for.

Just cheap m$therf$ckers. Sorry but that’s the truth. They’re the same people who complain when we lose players or recruits.

The BiG leagues cost money. Nothing is free. If you’re reading this, then you care about RU. Donate. Because guess what, some guy in the middle of PA who makes $100k but never went to PSU is donating to their NIL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 365Poster24Seven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT