Poll - Parking Movement

What was your parking movement?

• Total voters

S_Janowski

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 24, 2009
Marlton, NJ
After reading through the parking thread it appears 90 +% of people either got bumped down a lot(s) or remained in the same lot compared to last year. I was able to move up from Silver to Black lot by the skin of my teeth (I was hoping to get into Purple). Curious to see the movement of everyone and and how many people out there actually improved their standings. Below are the cutoffs in order.

Also if you are new to the lots post which lot you received.

Scarlet: 121
Green: 92
Yellow: 71
Blue: 44
White Handicapped: 36
Purple: 34
Black: 26
Silver: 20
Light Blue: 15
Tan: 14
RAC:

Last edited:
After getting bumped from Green to Yellow to Blue in the past 5 years, we hated exiting Blue so much, we decided to just give up the RU parking all together, and continue to use the homes on The Greek Church side road for $20 game, and make the quick 5-10 minute walk over to our friends tailgate in the Scarlet lot. Much quicker exit from there as well.

Interesting that so far more than half the responses are in the same lot. But there seems to be more downward movement than upward movement. You would expect an equal amount of both. Unless you have people adding additional parking passes in their preferred lot, which is bumping others down. Or maybe this board isn't representative of the people who purchase season parking.

Purple last year after being in Blue for a while...back to Blue but paid a pretty hefty price to get there....the way this is going may go back down next year since it's more than I think it's worth

Reactions: IMARUFAN
Interesting that so far more than half the responses are in the same lot. But there seems to be more downward movement than upward movement. You would expect an equal amount of both. Unless you have people adding additional parking passes in their preferred lot, which is bumping others down. Or maybe this board isn't representative of the people who purchase season parking.
Well I think you're going to hear more from the unhappy folks then the not-unhappy folks so it's gonna sound worse than it really is.

After getting bumped from Green to Yellow to Blue in the past 5 years, we hated exiting Blue so much, we decided to just give up the RU parking all together, and continue to use the homes on The Greek Church side road for $20 game, and make the quick 5-10 minute walk over to our friends tailgate in the Scarlet lot. Much quicker exit from there as well.

Blue exit does suck for the first hour after the game but after that you are allowed to use the same exit as yellow and it goes quick.

Blue once again will be graced by our presence!
Blue exit does suck for the first hour after the game but after that you are allowed to use the same exit as yellow and it goes quick.
And that's why you tailgate for an hour or more after the game!

Dropped from Blue to Purple. Anybody have insights into what I can look forward to in the Purple lot this season? How is the exit pattern? How is the tailgating?

Purple last year after being in Blue for a while...back to Blue but paid a pretty hefty price to get there....the way this is going may go back down next year since it's more than I think it's worth

Ditto.

Got bumped down to Purple last year after 24 years in Blue (had 29 pp's; cutoff was 31). Wife HATED Purple. Paid a kings ransom to get back to Blue. And even at that just barely squeaked in with 44.96 pp's.

Taking the shuttle from the RAC is starting to sound pretty good.

I have a hard time believing anyone dropped three or four lots.
Last year you could get into the tan, silver, or lt blue lots with 1 pt. This year they are 14+. Also black went from 13 to 26.

If you got into black last year with 13 points, and lost points through lower donations or missed bonuses, then you got bumped 4 lots to the RAC.

I feel a little guilty. Year 3 of season tickets. I have made pretty decent donations all three years, and I bought 20 tickets for the Quick Lane Bowl for charity and that gave me 20 extra points (I think). I went from Blue to Yellow, but I think I will be back in Blue or worse if there is not a chance to get one time points like buying bowl tickets.

I have a hard time believing anyone dropped three or four lots.

I went from Black to Tan.
That is down THREE lots.
Tan was my last choice
How do they give me Fu^#in' Tan when I had the RAC ahead of Tan?
I am not happy

I feel a little guilty. Year 3 of season tickets. I have made pretty decent donations all three years, and I bought 20 tickets for the Quick Lane Bowl for charity and that gave me 20 extra points (I think). I went from Blue to Yellow, but I think I will be back in Blue or worse if there is not a chance to get one time points like buying bowl tickets.

actually it gave you 26 points:

1 pp for each ticket purchased: 20
1 pp for each $100 spent: 6

I plan on purchasing a few bricks this year. need to come up with a few clever sayings.

maybe:

I bought
this brick
for more PP

Other factors that would affect this poll include more people new to the parking lots who have decent sized donations and less parking spots being available (I've heard a few folks mention that - don't know, for sure, that that truly occurred), both of which would tend to move existing fans downward.

actually it gave you 26 points:

1 pp for each ticket purchased: 20
1 pp for each $100 spent: 6

I plan on purchasing a few bricks this year. need to come up with a few clever sayings.

maybe:

I bought
this brick
for more PP

Heheh....

You want more PP...

I got bumped from the black by a handfull of points. This year instead of buying Bowl Tix thru Rutgers and spending a grand going to the game to support the team in a mid-tier bowl I'll stay home and buy $500 worth of tickets and get more points and better parking for the next season.

I paid the minimum required to get "Reserved Green" but lacked the ppts for it. Downgraded to Yellow. Seriously considering doing non-RU parking in 2016 and saving the additional $ I contribute for parking. So that means pay only what is required for my seats in Sec 126..

I heard from the AD that the biggest reason for the big drops of lower lots was partly because guys in bigger lots stayed and are allowed to add additional passes. More so, people refused to donate more and dropped to the lot below, and then picked up extra passes.

ADVERTISEMENT