ADVERTISEMENT

Post here: The OFFICIAL PREDICTION thread...Jarrett Guarantano to......?

announce that he's moved back his announcement day and will announce another day as to when he will announce when he will ultimately announce...

I'll go with Tenn for now. Flip to another school not Rutgers before signing day.

JG will commit to...WAWA. Then de-commit and commit to quick check.

This post was edited on 4/11 5:13 PM by ruthetiger

Wonder how JG feels about the OC at Tennessee--Mike DeBord. Not an impressive record at Central Michigan as HC--12-34. Jones worded under Debord at Central Michigan. He's also kind of up there in age.

Continue to drive us nuts until he announces.(I DO like your prediction)
happy.r191677.gif

He will commit to Muhlenberg Ben Schwaltzwalder is once again returning to coach the Mules and has already signed up Jim Thorpe,Red Grange,Sammy Baugh and Duck Butkus.The whole recruiting situation is unbelievable.17 year old kids holding press conferences and million dollar coaches groveling and begging for letter of intent signature.complicating the whole sorry process are the parents especially the fathers seeking lost opportunities of fame through their sons.Have a safe day.

Originally posted by RU848789:
Jarrett Guarantano to...change his mind at least 2-3 more times...
+1

If anyone thinks that the announcement next week is the end of his recruiting, you are crazy.

All UT on the 15th but I think he ends up on the banks after reevaluating in about 6 months. It's really in his best interest to be here and so I think that's how it ends up playing out after some of the initial excitement from UT wears off.

Man what a bunch of negatioids. All R. U. On the 15th with peppermint patties in tow but the challenge may be holding on to him.

Jarret Guarantano to ... the school of his choice. But I think he's put enough thought into this that unless something big happens (ie coaching change) he keeps his commitment.

If he doesn't stay local, then it is OSU all the way. Why in the world would anyone choose Tennessee rather than OSU for real big time football? Plus at OSU he gets to play in NJ every other year. I would say 50-50 between RU and OSU.

From some ridiculous poster on a ridiculous Tenn message board:

engineerVOL (3,232)
12:53 PM 04-09-2015 (#P)
New Jersey. It's ours.

Are we going to stand by and let TENNESSEE boast like that!!!!! Are our in state players going to let TENNESSEE make that type of statement????? Stand up and be heard! RU JERSEY PRIDE!!!! (Just don't tell anyone I moved away years ago!)

Originally posted by formerlyknownasrutgers100:

Originally posted by IL Lusciato:
Rutgers.
What's caused you to change your mind ?
I thought we'd lose out BC I thought the kid's heart was all OSU.

It seems that truly isn't the case anymore. He had TN in the lead slightly after his visit, but he usually has the latest visit slightly in the lead. If that language is what people are going on to predict TN so strongly, I don't totally buy it.

He has been on campus many times, and unlike OSU, I don't see TN as a place where he can play pied piper with his jersey crew.

Now, this is really just BC I'm not sold on TN. Kid has all kinds of offers, if not OSU, and not RU, why not explore more SEC and other schools? Doesn't click for me.

At the end of the day though, if he does choose TN, I gotta think he just never was ever gonna come to RU, and all these visits were a sham. Which would be pretty ridiculous. Could surprise us all and wind up at OSU after all too. He could have set his announce date after the Tenn visit, BC he knew OSU was the place after seeing us and tn up closer.

As of right now, to me, RU just makes the most sense after the last couple months. Who knows though?

Don't care. Not following 17 year old kids daily whims. It's asinine.

The whole process is ridiculous at this point.

Originally posted by lordsoflolo:

engineerVOL (3,232)
New Jersey. It's ours.

Are we going to stand by and let TENNESSEE boast like that!!!!! Are our in state players going to let TENNESSEE make that type of statement????? Stand up and be heard! RU JERSEY PRIDE!!!! (Just don't tell anyone I moved away years ago!)
their insiders are 100% confident he will be a Vol.....there is no doubt in their minds......some of it might be that they believe he has already informed the Vol staff he is coming.....and some of it
is the supreme confidence that no one can out recruit Butch .......they are not even worried about
Urban, and Flood is never going to be in the same solar system as Butch

I tell you, if it somehow winds up being RU, I cannot wait to see the reaction over there......

but in the end, I predict Tenn,

because I think he decided even before he visited there, and his most recent visit there locked it....the telling factor is the decommit of the other qb and then the quick JG visit.....I think JG expressed interest and said he would come, and then Butch quickly got rid of their other 2016
verbal....

I agfee with Wheezer. It's exactly how I see it. Tenn would also seem to make both dad and son equally happy.

With literally a JG thread a day, what makes this official? What was wrong with the previous 50 threads?

Originally posted by wheezer:

engineerVOL (3,232)
New Jersey. It's ours.

their insiders are 100% confident he will be a Vol.....there is no doubt in their minds......some of it might be that they believe he has already informed the Vol staff he is coming.....and some of it
is the supreme confidence that no one can out recruit Butch .......they are not even worried about

I tell you, if it somehow winds up being RU, I cannot wait to see the reaction over there......

because I think he decided even before he visited there, and his most recent visit there locked it....the telling factor is the decommit of the other qb and then the quick JG visit.....I think JG expressed interest and said he would come, and then Butch quickly got rid of their other 2016
verbal....
You are pretty spot on from everything I've read on the Tennessee boards. Our mods are generally not "homers" and they won't come out and say "It's Tennessee", but the indication they're giving is that OSU mods don't feel confident in him landing there, and it comes down to UT and Rutgers. They feel the fact that he has been staying in touch with Coach DeBord this week is a "good sign". Certainly not 100%, but we'll see. As for the Kendall/Guarantano situation, there's a little more to that. Our previous OC Mike Bajakian (ironically a BC Alum) preferred Kendall over Guarantano and while they still recruited JG to some extent, Kendall wanted to be the only QB UT brought in this year and that was agreed upon. Kendall's brother is a walk on receiver at Kentucky and he visited there a few times and was talking about visiting Auburn and a couple of other schools, while not wanting UT to bring in another QB. Bajakian leaves for an NFL job and UT brings in DeBord as OC, and he prefers JG over Kendall. UT and Kendall come to a mutual parting of the ways and JG immediately schedules a visit to UT. That and Butch's long standing relationship with the family leaves a lot of us believing it's going to be UT, not to mention the fact that he is a perfect fit for our offense. My guess is that if he were going to commit to RU, he would've done it earlier, as QB's tend to commit earlier than other positions because there are only so many positions available and if you want to be an anchor for the class, you can't be committing too late in the year. I'm sure it's happened, but I can't remember the last time I saw a big time QB commit in January or February. Good luck to you guys either way.

These verbal's do not mean shit until that piece of paper is signed and faxed in, a kid can change his mind several times. This is just so out of hand

Originally posted by Musteng:

engineerVOL (3,232)
New Jersey. It's ours.

verbal....
You are pretty spot on from everything I've read on the Tennessee boards. Our mods are generally not "homers" and they won't come out and say "It's Tennessee", but the indication they're giving is that OSU mods don't feel confident in him landing there, and it comes down to UT and Rutgers. They feel the fact that he has been staying in touch with Coach DeBord this week is a "good sign". Certainly not 100%, but we'll see. As for the Kendall/Guarantano situation, there's a little more to that. Our previous OC Mike Bajakian (ironically a BC Alum) preferred Kendall over Guarantano and while they still recruited JG to some extent, Kendall wanted to be the only QB UT brought in this year and that was agreed upon. Kendall's brother is a walk on receiver at Kentucky and he visited there a few times and was talking about visiting Auburn and a couple of other schools, while not wanting UT to bring in another QB. Bajakian leaves for an NFL job and UT brings in DeBord as OC, and he prefers JG over Kendall. UT and Kendall come to a mutual parting of the ways and JG immediately schedules a visit to UT. That and Butch's long standing relationship with the family leaves a lot of us believing it's going to be UT, not to mention the fact that he is a perfect fit for our offense. My guess is that if he were going to commit to RU, he would've done it earlier, as QB's tend to commit earlier than other positions because there are only so many positions available and if you want to be an anchor for the class, you can't be committing too late in the year. I'm sure it's happened, but I can't remember the last time I saw a big time QB commit in January or February. Good luck to you guys either way.
This sure makes it look like we were never really a serious option. Like he's given Rutgers the local courtesy. So be it.

Originally posted by bryanjints:

Originally posted by Musteng:

engineerVOL (3,232)
New Jersey. It's ours.

verbal....
This sure makes it look like we were never really a serious option. Like he's given Rutgers the local courtesy. So be it.
Yeah agree with this. As I said, if he picks TN, it seems to me that he wanted anything but Rutgers. If that's the case peace out. Can't wait for this kids drama to end lol. Still, think TN is random, but we will soon see.

If there was a no turning back policy or something I would get excited about this decision.... but i know that "commitments" don't mean anything anymore. He could change whenever

ADVERTISEMENT