interested what everyone thinks.

Offense:
Nakia Griffin-Stewart
Juwuan Harris

Defense:
Bless Austin
Marques Ford
Najee Clayton (assuming he clears)

I would love to see Dare taking over as #1 QB but expect "Redshirt" is the word of the day for all but Bless Austin & Ford.

Flood has done a good job redshirting linemen and LBs, so I think that continues. I'll say Jay Harris plays as a backup slot receiver and on specials. On D , I'll say Austin, with maybe Clayton on specials

Usually either WRs, RBs or DBs..if they are good enough. OLs and DLs usually have to redshirt to get stronger and learn technique, system, etc. QB ..very rarely would not get redshirted. There's too much to learn.

I doubt Ford is big enough at this time and I don't think he will pass Turay, Nash, Mera, Lambert, Hogan on the depth chart.

I doubt Ford is big enough at this time and I don't think he will pass Turay, Nash, Mera, Lambert, Hogan on the depth chart.

Part of that will be determined by injuries and playing on STs.

Assuming the team stays healthy I'd guess Griffin & Austin, with Clayton and Ford joining the group if there are injuries or they turn out to be coverage team studs.

Flood said he wanted him to get up to 240 to have a chance to play this year, which is doable. I think he plays in situations to get experience, Flood rotates a lot of DL.

ADVERTISEMENT