ADVERTISEMENT

Pressure on from day one, September 3rd

With the current mess at Northwestern, the pressure to win is on from day one of the 2023 season.
A season-opening loss at home to Northwestern would rival the ignominy of the loss to New Hampshire, and the Rutgers alumni Spring game victory.
It's not even a close comparison...

Reactions: Knight Shift
Don’t forget who mighty Northwestern’s only conference win in 2021 was against.

Did we somehow lose Wisconsin and Iowa off the schedule and get Nebraska and Purdue?
Seriously? If you read that post, it was clear I was referring to programs we have played under the Schiano regime, not the 2023 schedule. Way to cherry pick a portion of a comment to rag on a fellow poster, nice.

We have 1 Big Ten home victory in 5 years. Anyone who’s pencilling in Northwestern as a W because of their putrid offense is a moron

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Don’t forget who mighty Northwestern’s only conference win in 2021 was against.
Who cares? It was 2 years ago and they have a brand new coach. Very few of the same players on either side. Not relevant to the outcome one way or the other.

Was reading the season preview and it seems like we still don't have an WRs. If so, that is concerning since we will focus even more on the running game and Langan. My hope for this game is to see us complete 12-15 passes to WRs.

Was reading the season preview and it seems like we still don't have an WRs. If so, that is concerning since we will focus even more on the running game and Langan. My hope for this game is to see us complete 12-15 passes to WRs.
How would anyone know what we have since Schiano has things on lockdown? Take anything published with a grain of salt. Wait until the season starts to develop an idea of what we have as a team.

Reactions: Section124
None? There are 10-15 on the roster. Here's a good guess of two deep, without regard to slot, etc, in no particular order.
Long, Dremel, Strong, Washington, Jackson, Brantley, and a surprise or too.

Here's a prediction from The Athletic I read:

Bold predictions for the Big Ten in 2023​

Meek: Rutgers will beat Northwestern, Temple, Virginia Tech, Wagner, Indiana and Maryland to finish 6-6 and earn a bowl berth.

Sherman: Two coaches in the East will lose their jobs before Thanksgiving, a reflection of mounting pressure on administrators to act aggressively ahead of big changes coming to the Big Ten next year.

Here's a prediction from The Athletic I read:

Bold predictions for the Big Ten in 2023​

Meek: Rutgers will beat Northwestern, Temple, Virginia Tech, Wagner, Indiana and Maryland to finish 6-6 and earn a bowl berth.

Sherman: Two coaches in the East will lose their jobs before Thanksgiving, a reflection of mounting pressure on administrators to act aggressively ahead of big changes coming to the Big Ten next year.
Is that Slick Mel Tucker and the IU coach?

Is that Slick Mel Tucker and the IU coach?

That's my thought. But if RU poops the bed this year . . . . (which I sincerely hope does not happen).
But, I still think even if that happens, he will be given one more year with all the new coaches and KC running the offense.
How much money would Sparty be on the hook for if that was to happen?

How much money would Sparty be on the hook for if that was to happen?

Going from this post linked below- A LOT:

"Signed: Nov. 24, 2021
Term: Until Jan. 15, 2032
Base Salary: $5,900,000

Mel Tucker’s Additional Compensation​

Tucker will make an additional $3,100,000 in salary per year for media appearances, paid in monthly installments. This does not include an annual payment of $100,000 paid from the school’s deal with Nike and a $400,000 retention bonus. All together, that means Tucker will make $9.5 million per season,"

"If the university chooses to fire Tucker for cause, it will owe him his entire non-performance-related salary. That means $9.5 million per year, through the term of the contract (2032). Tucker, however, must make a reasonable effort to seek other employment."

None? There are 10-15 on the roster. Here's a good guess of two deep, without regard to slot, etc, in no particular order.
Long, Dremel, Strong, Washington, Jackson, Brantley, and a surprise or too.
Which of them do you think will have break out seasons? I love Washington but he can’t seem to find PT.

How would anyone know what we have since Schiano has things on lockdown? Take anything published with a grain of salt. Wait until the season starts to develop an idea of what we have as a team.
I am usually a wait and see person. However the fact we have no passing game the past few years and no known receivers is troubling. I hope to be surprised next Sunday.

With the current mess at Northwestern, the pressure to win is on from day one of the 2023 season.
A season-opening loss at home to Northwestern would rival the ignominy of the loss to New Hampshire, and the Rutgers alumni Spring game victory.
Northwestern is not New Hampshire Lol. I know you are joking but get your point , pressure is on .

Reactions: Mr_Twister
Which of them do you think will have break out seasons? I love Washington but he can’t seem to find PT.
Best guesses- Long, Washington, Brantley (nothing against Jackson, just don't know-picked Brantley for no particular reason). I think Dremel may surprise, but that's just a wild guess.
I also think the Tight Ends will have a nice season. Hoping Konopka stays healthy and Johnny is used more int he passing game.

Why do RU fans always look at things from a negative POV? It's that mindset that opposing fans jump on and mock us. Those same RU fans are suddenly appalled that others think so lowly of us. 🤔

If we talk a good game like everyone else, opposing fans don't mock you over time because they believe the hype too.
Rutgers fans to some degree always fear the worst. Don’t think team and staff are feeling they can’t compete and maybe just win. We have the eternal optimists and the negative diehards who love us to lose and only because of the Greg Schiano hate. No true Rutgers fan should accept losing however it took almost a full 6 years to get to that point. Instead of “ wishing we lose” .How about hoping this coach can get us to better than average in a much tougher conference . If he doesn’t it’ll be another long dry spell. This hate was evident back in the first go around and so it continues now again with the allowed trolls known to stop by and piss on what he’s attempting to do. One game at a time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT