ADVERTISEMENT

Rachel Nichols and Michelle Beadle banned from MGM Grand Arena by Mayweather

jay_hq

All American
Apr 24, 2010
....because those two were outspoken about Mayweather and his history of domestic abuse.

Good for them. He has beat up 5 women. Number 6 is likely to happen.

There's no chance I pay for this fight, but I really hope Mayweather loses.

Really?? You probably havent been watching ESPN these last couple of years...

You would be correct.

I watch football, I watch baseball, I watch the occasional soccer game. What I don't watch is television shows about sports. That's always seemed redundant, to me.

Reactions: jcg878
"Really?? You probably havent been watching ESPN these last couple of years..."

People actually watch ESPN ?????
BTW, is it true that Mayweather has beaten five women ? I usually don't find the source of that info in this thread to be very credible.

Some do (and/or watch any of their other ESPN owned channels), as ESPN is able to receive the highest price per cable channel for cable/sat subscriptions.

Many times, ESPN (and/or other ESPN Channels) show live RU Football and Basketball games too.

BTW, is it true that Mayweather has beaten five women ? I usually don't find the source of that info in this thread to be very credible.
kbee, not sure if five different women, but he has either pled guilty or been convicted of domestic abuse five times in the last 14 years.

Really?? You probably havent been watching ESPN these last couple of years...
\

In fact Mr. Bond when we learned that we will be joining the B1G I stopped espin and went BNT totally. I have not missed the slanted $hit sports station one bit.

Reactions: geoman
Beadle and Nichols aren't in the same class. Nichols is an actual reporter. She was the one (the only one) who was actually asking Goodell tough questions during the Rice press conferences. Beadle is more of a "personality/entertainer".

She had a badge all along just apparently didnt know others already had taken hers from the check-in. Better communication and none of this would have been an issue.

Mayweather must be paying his ex/current ladies really well because even one or two that had been beaten were sitting in the floor seats at the fight.

kbee, not sure if five different women, but he has either pled guilty or been convicted of domestic abuse five times in the last 14 years.

How could anybody root for that douchebag ?

I tend to believe the people I work with who were on-site in Vegas vs the media articles but everyone can believe what they want.

And I'm sure Showtime who was denying the access preferred to look like a-holes when all along it was a misunderstanding. I'm not that naive.

Maybe because Floyd's team realized how much of a joke it is that espn has never said one word about Floyd's cases in the 5 years since his latest arrest, until fight week. Michelle beadle has interviewed Floyd during that time and then admitted that she never even knew about his history. So after 5 years of not saying a word, Rachel Nichols and Michelle Beadle should be applauded for using a big fight to talk about something that happened in 2010? They are 2 typical clowns that espn has to offer.

Maybe because Floyd's team realized how much of a joke it is that espn has never said one word about Floyd's cases in the 5 years since his latest arrest, until fight week. Michelle beadle has interviewed Floyd during that time and then admitted that she never even knew about his history. So after 5 years of not saying a word, Rachel Nichols and Michelle Beadle should be applauded for using a big fight to talk about something that happened in 2010? They are 2 typical clowns that espn has to offer.

Sadly, it was mostly faux outrage by most in the media...as Floyd had previous fights after his arrest (obviously none that match this scale) but he still made tens of millions of $$$ off them yet those supposedly who were "outraged" on twitter and/or tv/radio, most just prior to this past fight, have been mostly silent on this issue for the last few years.

Twitter is the outlet for "faux outrage of the day/week" for 99%...as they will just move on to the next "faux outrage" topic/person/event.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT