ADVERTISEMENT

Record Crowd Expected Friday

Dueling DJs?

Headache.jpg

Reactions: R fanforever917
I read the article. It will look sweet from TV.

Question. In the pictures of practice, the team is wearing the true Rutgers uniform. Why do they wear that one in practice and then change into the Power Ranger uniform for games? It we sold out for Nike for games. How does Nike allow us to wear the traditonal, recognizable, RUTGERS uniform in practice?

Reactions: Extra Point

Question. In the pictures of practice, the team is wearing the true Rutgers uniform. Why do they wear that one in practice and then change into the Power Ranger uniform for games? It we sold out for Nike for games. How does Nike allow us to wear the traditonal, recognizable, RUTGERS uniform in practice?

They've been wearing the old uniforms for practice the past 3 seasons. Doubt Nike cares what we wear in practice.

Those are practice jerseys which are basically just pinnies.

Reactions: Rutgers25
Lots of luck with that prediction by Flood...last year only 11k on a Saturday. ..record is over 20k....and its not going to be 73....more like 55 and breezy at 4 and 45 by gametime

RU will open the RAC for the overflow crowds and let them watch on the new Big Replay screens !

Again, the 73 degrees was listed as the temperature for today's practice, not the expected temperature for the spring game.

Record attendance? How do you even predict it? I went to the last 10 but don't expect to go this year.

I don't get why anyone in this thread is hating on the spring game in any way. For the fans the spring game is, or at least should be, a celebratory rite. It's May Day and sacrificing virgins to volcanoes, all in one.

Just go enjoy the day and quit bitchin' about it.

I don't get why anyone in this thread is hating on the spring game in any way. For the fans the spring game is, or at least should be, a celebratory rite. It's May Day and sacrificing virgins to volcanoes, all in one.

Ummm It's April :eek: not May

You don't get why anyone is hating? On this board?? Really??? Hmmm...

Technically, he didn't predict a "record crowd." He predicted we'd have our "best crowd ever," which could just as well refer to the atmosphere being the best ever. Although I can see how most would think his quote means most people ever. Maybe I'm wrong and it will be a record crowd. Maybe the students will really want to celebrate the end of the school week, with much less competition than on a Saturday afternoon on Rutgers Day (students don't party hard until at least 11 pm, so it won't interfere with that), and maybe there will be more families able to make it. Hope so.

"I think it's going to be a tremendous atmosphere under the lights,'' said Flood, whose team will cap spring camp Friday, 7:30 p.m., at High Point Solutions Stadium. "I think we'll have the best crowd we've ever had for a spring game, which is exciting to me. To have the dueling DJs that will be playing throughout the event, the entire pregame setup for before the game as the students get out of school, other people get off work on a Friday and come over and start tailgating, it will be a tremendous atmosphere.''

...and the fact that Rutgers Day doesn't conflict. (it used to start at 3 pm on Saturday, which was with 1-3 hours left of other activities on campus)

It pains me but I will not e able to attend my wife is having surgery Friday she's going to need a lot of TLC

I was close to saying I just don't get the negativity as well but then noticed who just happened to be the posters.
I then realized it had nothing to do with the spring game. It's just another thread they can piss on

Cause that's what some people do here. Gotta keep it real ya know just in case all us heathens get.too optimistic about something. Gotta build that board cred for the "I told ya so's" down the line.

I was close to saying I just don't get the negativity as well but then noticed who just happened to be the posters.
I then realized it had nothing to do with the spring game. It's just another thread they can piss on

Gee I did not know opinions are not allowed. Thank god we have board police to lecture

I think it means "same old crap", because he's too nice to say "same old shit".

But seriously... There's no real logical defense for complaining about absofukinglutely everything. That's not "realism". It's just dickish.

Reactions: m1ipabrams
Tone and nuance. Either you see it in yourself or you don't. You're a very negative person.

Without any advance sales (since it's free to get in) there's no way to accurately predict the crowd. There could be 3,000 people there. There could be 23,000. The only thing we know it that it's going to be cold, which doesn't bode well for a largely soft, casual fanbase.
Anyone who claims to have any real idea doesn't.

I don't see how this is negative. Flood stated he thinks record crowd. Is that going to happen? Maybe but it's highly unlikely there are 20,000 plus people. How is giving your opinion and saying you disagree with Floods assessment or anyone's assessment negative?

Reactions: Local Shill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT