ADVERTISEMENT

Regardless of Mag, we need 12 more GG who stuck up for Mag to the media …

Shack, who can also play😊
A lot more often than not , If someone has enough balls to stick their neck out , it’s because they think have enough credibility for what they do on the court to to stick their neck out …

I’ll take my chances that if Someone sticks their neck out in a situation like this , it’s because they also can play ….

Like Gavin sticking his neck out and standing up for his teammates but if Mags bolts like predicted than Mags snookered everybody.

Last edited:
Too risky with Mag now especially after this season of “ is he going to play today?”

Things must be pretty bad if this is what we're holding onto.

Shack, you're a great poster but were you paid to post this? You see this type of stuff within businesses.

Things must be pretty bad if this is what we're holding onto.

Shack, you're a great poster but were you paid to post this? You see this type of stuff within businesses.
C’mon man …Gavin, especially as a frosh and not so used to the media coukd have kept his mouth shut and minded his own business ….and he chose to interject himself …

I’ll take it as a positive and not something scripted

Realistically Mag at this point, has very little value to Rutgers or any other P5 programs. With his injury history and overall performance this year it is very unlikely anyone throws money at Mag. He's got one yr left and even if he can he avoid the injury bug there isn't a great deal of value left. I would think that Pike sends him on the way and uses his money elsewhere.

It’s nice but these are the type of things that dont mean much that the fanbase vocally overvalues. In stark contrast to the little things over the years that don’t matter but that have gotten vocally over negative by other players.

• Sad
Reactions: cRURah
It's digging really deep to find something positive. When you have to dig that deep, it's a bad sign.

I've worked at companies that would push aside all the typical metrics because they showed the terrible truth and focus on some completely random meaningless metric for the sole reason that it was positive.

12 more players like GG who would stick their neck out to the media when they didn’t have to …we WILL have a TEAM.

Find 12 more like him ….

I don’t understand the point of this post.

If Mag was in fact milking his injury (not saying he was) then why would GG sticking his neck out be a good thing?

If Mag wasn’t milking his injury then I still don’t see the significance of what GG said.

C’mon man …Gavin, especially as a frosh and not so used to the media coukd have kept his mouth shut and minded his own business ….and he chose to interject himself …

I’ll take it as a positive and not something scripted
Agreed good to se by Gavin but the whole team stood behind and defended GG after every game. Gavin had a big disappointing freshman year and his team had to answer questions after every game and defended every time. So I agree great job by Gavin but his teammates had his back for 30 games.

12 more players like GG who would stick their neck out to the media when they didn’t have to …we WILL have a TEAM.

Find 12 more like him ….
Are you still sure about that statement? In this new age of college sports, the only allegiance is money.

Reactions: runrutgersrun

Find 12 more like him ….
Bad take since we all know Mag was a cancer in the locker room , a malcontent, devious and a quitter. Gavin being the only one in the room supporting that behavior is not a good look for him . Now that he is also unhappy and threatening to hit the portal tells you all you need to know. Maybe one malcontent poisoned another .

Like all other things going on in these times. People attempting to take advantage of weakness . People ( advisors) who are only looking out for the player’s best interests ( sure how funny that is) More troubling are those who defend these actions as “quid pro quo”…No problem sharing the $$$$ but at least have some sensible system in place . Mawot saw he has a chance to make some cash now… if Rutgers couldn’t match or if perhaps decided better to let him go then I’m ok with those decisions. My only issue is he did quit on his team and that is obvious. What was sadder was listening to his coach try to explain his absences on the court .

Hate to denigrate this youngster but there has to be more on this. Did he play to the expectations of many… no he was mediocre at best. In the case of in a different system who knows he may exceed and excel but he better not quit on his next team. potential is great but most never reach their projected potential even in everyday life.

Hate to denigrate this youngster but there has to be more on this. Did he play to the expectations of many… no he was mediocre at best. In the case of in a different system who knows he may exceed and excel but he better not quit on his next team. potential is great but most never reach their projected potential even in everyday life.
Mag taught him how to be a quitter.

Find 12 more like him ….
This post aged as well as a gallon of milk left sitting on the counter since March 14th. As far as Gavin, not even gonna reflect or focus on this one, just going to be grateful that we have another spot opened and purged off of last season’s awful roster. I appreciate Cliff for what he did and his 4 years of loyalty to RU, but in all reality if I woke up on the first day the portal opened and I heard the entire roster from last season entered the portal, I would not have been upset. We needed to purge and upgrade. Thus far we have 6 transfers leaving, possibly Oskar leaving as well, which would allow us to get 5 portal players. Last year was a shitshow and we needed as much of that gone as possible. This is a great opportunity to revamp and upgrade to bring in experience and shooting. Let’s purge (the roster, already have at this point in all reality) merge (with new portal players), and surge up the rankings next season.

Seriously …I’ll stand behind my original take.

Even though it’s clear now he was also speaking from his own future perspective ….

Love this forum …..

Are you still sure about that statement? In this new age of college sports, the only allegiance is money.
i am SO impressed that you had to remember my post from a week ago long since dead …to prove a point ….

Sarcasm intended …..

Wonder why more and more people don’t post much anymore ?

Reactions: Loyal-Son
well yeah it looks like Gavin was supporting Mag but in a total wrong way

Eh I don’t know. We don’t really know yet where Gavin’s head was at that point. Pike was starting him the last few games and allocating big minutes. I think at that point it’s possible he was planning to return as he told Francesca. Things could’ve easily changed in a flash when he saw the direction we were going with portal recruiting. We’re going to get some color on that soon with the tight deadline schedule. Let’s see who we land. Remember - Pike learned a lesson last year. He was likely transparent about the recruiting strategy with the team from the start (as soon as we lost our last game). He didn’t want late decisions based on who we brought in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT