ADVERTISEMENT

Report from Lot 37

srru86

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Or - Stuff I've Never Heard in the Blue Lot

I pull into this lot I hadn't used before in State College. The lady monitoring the gate welcomes me nicely and asks if I had ever been there before and when I say "No" she takes the time to point out to me the not obvious short cut through a bit a woods to get to the stadium rather than walking a longer route along the road. Wishes me well and points me to the next leg.

I head into the lot as directed and follow the signals of the second lady waving the cars into the spots. I leave what to me seems to be a generous amount of space between myself and the next car. The lady says very nicely, "Oh, why don't you move a little further over, give yourself more room." I do as requested and she is happy with that. Conversely I am sure the Blue Lot parking crew would have been barking I was taking up a space and a half if I had done the same in Piscataway.

Postscript:
The second lady then notices I'm wearing R gear and says "Oh look another Rutgers person!" with a smile. She has a Rutgers hoodie on under her reflective vest. I ask how she got here? She grew up out there in a tiny town. Got her Nursing degree at Rutgers Camden and spent a career in the ER at Penn in Philly. Now retired back to Central PA. She says unprompted. "I am so happy I went to Rutgers." I smile and say "Me too!"

Last edited:
Wow..that is an amazing experience and one completely different than my experiences as a season ticket holder in the yellow lot. If I didnt know any better I would have a completely scratched up and dented car for the amount of "room" they expect you to have in between cars DESPITE the fact that the lot has trouble being filled most games...truly unbelievable

RU really needs to get their act together

Wow..that is an amazing experience and one completely different than my experiences as a season ticket holder in the yellow lot. If I didnt know any better I would have a completely scratched up and dented car for the amount of "room" they expect you to have in between cars DESPITE the fact that the lot has trouble being filled most games...truly unbelievable

If you get in early enough they let you park wherever and however you want.

Or - Stuff I've Never Heard in the Blue Lot

I pull into this lot I hadn't used before in State College. The lady monitoring the gate welcomes me nicely and asks if I had ever been there before and when I say "No" she takes the time to point out to me the not obvious short cut through a bit a woods to get to the stadium rather than walking a longer route along the road. Wishes me well and points me to the next leg.

I head into the lot as directed and follow the signals of the second lady waving the cars into the spots. I leave what to me seems to be a generous amount of space between myself and the next car. The lady says very nicely, "Oh, why don't you move a little further over, give yourself more room." I do as requested and she is happy with that. Conversely I am sure the Blue Lot parking crew would have been barking I was taking up a space and a half if I had done the same in Piscataway.

Post script:
The second lady then notices I'm wearing R gear and says "Oh look another Rutgers person!" with a smile. She has a Rutgers hoodie on under her reflective vest. I ask how she got here? She grew up out there is a tiny town. Got her Nursing degree at Rutgers Camden and spent a career in the ER at Penn in Philly. Now retired back to Central PA. She says unprompted. "I am so happy I went to Rutgers." I smile and say "Me too!"
Best part of the day?

We have some real geniuses working in the Parking Lots. I remember during the snow game vs. WV a few years back they were cramming the cars into the Yellow Lot. Only about 400 cars parked in Yellow that snowy ice day and they forced us all into the 3 front rows. I said Really ?

Best part of the day?
Well, this is hands down my least favorite road trip. I actively work to limit my time in State College to the minimum required.

If it wasn't meeting the cheerful retired nurse alum it was toward the end of the first half and listening to the Cult members seated nearby grumble and complain amongst themselves about their team, their coach and generally exhibit doubts about the game. Nobody said "We're going lose this" but there wasn't much that was working out to the standard they felt entitled.

They needn't have worried of course.

And it almost goes without saying - seeing the faithful few RU traveling fans that showed in Centre County. It's always nice to be with those die-hards.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Well, this is hands down my least favorite road trip. I actively work to limit my time in State College to the minimum required.

If it wasn't meeting the cheerful retired nurse alum it was toward the end of the first half and listening to the Cult members seated nearby grumble and complain amongst themselves about their team, their coach and generally exhibit doubts about the game. Nobody said "We're going lose this" but there wasn't much that was working out to the standard they felt entitled.

They needn't have worried of course.

And it almost goes without saying - seeing the faithful few RU traveling fans that showed in Centre County. It's always nice to be with those die-hards.
We could not watch the second half and listened on the app. By the few accounts/comments I read about their backup QB, some fans think he should get the next start. Did he pass the eyeball test, or did our defense get worn down?

Their fan's basic response was "Who is this guy?" and then "What's wrong with Franklin? Why didn't he start this kid over a banged up Clifford weeks ago?"

To me he looked pretty solid. It is a good question how he will do over a top notch defense. But he's young and will grow into the role I'd guess. If I was a Nit I would be ok with him being the QB of 2022.

Next week I'd say if Clifford is 100% he goes, otherwise give the ball to the kid.

As an RU fan I hope our pass rush gets better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT