ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Can't Buy Me Love actress Amanda Peterson

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
She was found dead in her home...only 43. That movie is one of all time favorite 80's classic. She played Cindy Mancini and Ronald Miller played by Patrick DDempsey payed her money to be his girlfriend....that dance that stupid dance you're all a bunchbof followers

She was found dead in her home...only 43. That movie is one of all time favorite 80's classic. She played Cindy Mancini and Ronald Miller played by Patrick DDempsey payed her money to be his girlfriend....that dance that stupid dance you're all a bunchbof followers

I had a major crush on her back in the day. bummer

and the dance was....the African Ant-eater Dance!

african-anteater-ritual-dance-o.gif

Reactions: thad23 and miketd1
That sucks - RIP. Classic, underrated movie - they study the plots of Can't Buy Me Love and Mean Girls in HS and college English classes.

She seemed like she had major star potential but she stopped acting in 1994. She had to be only 15 for this movie previously I read about drug issues so lets see if that played a role here...

Ya know, I don't think I've ever seen that movie.

She seemed like she had major star potential but she stopped acting in 1994. She had to be only 15 for this movie previously I read about drug issues so lets see if that played a role here...

Ugh. Bummer. RIP Cindi Mancini. I was in 4th grade and went on my first date to see that movie. My parents went along of course, ha! Anyway, such a classic. Also starred a young Seth Green.

Side note- This thread ain't OT... there's a B1G connection in this movie. Props to the first poster who mentions it. Ready set go!

Her boyfriend (Bobby?) went to play football at Iowa.

Great movie, had a huge crush on her in that movie.

Thank you, thank you for this award. I'd like to thank my pathetic social life for this honor, which has allowed me to watch 80's movies about a thousand times each.

Reactions: thad23 and DirtyRU
The screenplay was written by a Scotch Plains Fanwood High School grad, who based the girl on someone from his high school and who originally based the ice cream and pizza places on Friendly's and Alphonso's.

reports say she had been battling various illness such as pneumonia and sinitus and also including previously being exposed to mold...interesting angle because among other things that contributed to Brittany Murphy's death as well

reports say she had been battling various illness such as pneumonia and sinitus and also including previously being exposed to mold...interesting angle because among other things that contributed to Brittany Murphy's death as well
She had her baby taken away from her, because she was breast feeding her while
addicted to drugs. The boyfriend and father of the child was arrested for abusing Amanda.
She wound up with a tough, tough life it's a shame.

I grew up during the 80s, and I have to admit I'd never even heard of this movie before until I read about her passing away.

ADVERTISEMENT