ADVERTISEMENT

RU at tOSU Game Thread

This was a NCAA type half today. Truly impressed.

This team is different using the press and without Cryor. Yes lots of turnovers but its about winning

Well earned victory... loved the effort. A lot of that win is earned in practice and in conditioning. Keep it up!

No way this team can be denied the NCAAs because of loss of players.

I'll take the blame for the first three quarters, I didnt get to watch until two minutes left in the 3rd.

Awesome 2nd half! Amazing to hold a team to one offensive rebound (or did they get one late?)

Love this team. Best season I’ve seen in a long time. The current roster fought through adversity to hold on to the 3rd seed.

Definitely could have won the regular season crown but I’m happy with how wel this team performed down the stretch.

We damn well better be dancing

How can you possibly beat a well-coached, very tight, zone defense when you only hit 5 for 24 from beyond the arc?

With grit, effort, and no quit. And hit 3 of those 5 at exactly the right time.

The days of "play zone against Rutgers" and you're guaranteed a win ARE OVER!

the significance of this win is it probably moves RU out of the 8/9 game and into a 7 and maybe 6th. I think the best this team can do is a 5 if it wins the Big 10 tourney.

Curious how suddenly some people are typing that the team is well-coached.

I dont know who is responsible but this team looks like a different team...I think different players are allowed to be focal points rather than same old square peg into a round hole.....perhaps losing Cryor is addition by subtraction

Props to Zipp, TMack and Arella .
They took 37 of the 59 FG attempts and
made 18 of them and were a combined 12 of 15 from the foul line ( 9-10 for Arella) as RU went 15 for 19 on free throws.

Reactions: gigantor1024
They are here to some degree. Instead of dumping on the team and CVS, they have decided to praise Eatman and dump on CVS either directly or indirectly. There are a couple of people who make me wonder if they got left off of C. Viv's season's greetings list.
Some won't be satisfied until CVS is gone.
Years ago , during the most successful times, they found reasons to knock the RU WBB program.
Don't know how many times I read Stringer needs to recruit Blond Pony-tail players because they can shoot the 3 which this team is sadly missing.
( maybe not those exact words, but close to it and the blond pony-tail was mentioned)

As for me, want RU to get its an official invite to the Dance so I don't have to go to the dark side :eek:as I said I would if CVS didn't bring home a Tourney bid this season.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Some people are just not happy when we come back and get the win. Their loss, the rest of us can enjoy a great come from behind win. Nice to have three straight wins going into the Big Ten tournament.
yep and I can play my song, despite those who try to make the victories look like something against CVS instead of the team playing like she taught them to do.\Rant ended , guess how I'm feeling now :D

RUTrumpet92 I'll share blame with you as I watched the first half, decided to focus on something else, checked my phone in the 3rd quarter and saw team doing much better, so decided not to interfere and let them finish it off without me ; )

That being said, the team looked like a disaster in the first quarter--no energy, urgency or execution. Proud of them for coming back, but now that we're into the post season, hoping this team can put together four full quarters.

Love what we are seeing from Zippy and Mack late in season--taking advantage of the opportunities they've been given. The seniors--Carey/Calhoun/Harris/Wilson--are all playing heady ball in crunch time and making big plays, even when they don't show up in box score. This team's depth allows it to press for most games when they want to.

Great win. The team could have shut down after the 3-straight losses; instead they won 4/5 to finish the regular season. Swagger back.

Ok, now people complaining about lack of complaining. Geez. Just enjoy it?

You can't deny that Eatman likes to use more pressure. And he is extremely engaged on the sideline. He's done a super job.

3rd place locked up and they didn't quit. Huge comeback on the road. Beating OSU is always a great thing.

3 in a row with a double bye. Enjoy it!!
Way to go team.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Ok, now people complaining about lack of complaining. Geez. Just enjoy it?

You can't deny that Eatman likes to use more pressure. And he is extremely engaged on the sideline. He's done a super job.

3rd place locked up and they didn't quit. Huge comeback on the road. Beating OSU is always a great thing.

3 in a row with a double bye. Enjoy it!!
Way to go team.
the team started using more 55 before Stringer took her leave, this was planned. Also expedited with the loss of Jenkins, but Coach Stringer began using it in B1G play situationally and then eventually whenever the hell she wanted to dominate teams.

Why show your full hand at the start of conference play?

Apparently the best was yet to come. Only had a chance to watch the first qtr and really thought this would be worse than last OSU game. Looked bad and kept making mistakes and bad decisions.
Than I saw the final score and couldn't believe how it ended.
Congrats to the ladies for turning up the pressure and finishing strong. I guess you never know what can happen if you don't give up. Amazing victory !

the team started using more 55 before Stringer took her leave, this was planned. Also expedited with the loss of Jenkins, but Coach Stringer began using it in B1G play situationally and then eventually whenever the hell she wanted to dominate teams.

Why show your full hand at the start of conference play?

I recently recall her pulling it out q4. Not pressure from start of whistle.

I recently recall her pulling it out q4. Not pressure from start of whistle.

Exactly

Not pressing “from the time they got off the bus” (Eatman in Wisconsin post game)
Love this guy.

Whenever CVS calls it quits, maybe Eatman takes over?

Players seem to be responding to him and the rest of the staff.
He does a good job in his interviews.
Supposedly is a good recruiter and helped get Davenport?

Would also be less disruptive to what we have going now, which is pretty darn good.

Side note - I like the coaching staff’s coaching attire!
And also how well he speaks of CVS.
Very respectful and I think appreciative, too.

Exactly

Not pressing “from the time they got off the bus” (Eatman in Wisconsin post game)
Love this guy.

Would also be less disruptive to what we have going now, which is pretty darn good.

All of the above. !
I'll root for whomever is there coaching.

Exactly

Love this guy.

I think CVS is a stickler for things having to be done exactly how she wants. So if you are not playing defense you get yanked even though your offense contributions are so impactful that it will not matter about your defense. I saw less yanking and less insistence on the ball having to be forced into Harris/Carey and more aggressive from Guarantes and of course T Baby. I do wonder if the ball getting stuck in Cryor hands was an issue..addition by subtraction

Well, whatever the reason

It is great to see the emergence of Zippy and T Baby (is there a better nickname in college ball today?)

After the suspensions, the whole season could have gone down the toilet.

Instead, no need to call a plumber.

T. Baby had started her emergence before the slide--I feel like I remember CVS playing her A LOT in fourth quarters (though the offensive push has been new). The Zippy elevation has been very nice to see finishing the year, and particularly, headed into next. A backcourt that features KK, Zippy, Arella, Noga is a pretty good starting point.

T. Baby had started her emergence before the slide--I feel like I remember CVS playing her A LOT in fourth quarters (though the offensive push has been new). The Zippy elevation has been very nice to see finishing the year, and particularly, headed into next. A backcourt that features KK, Zippy, Arella, Noga is a pretty good starting point.

KK, Zippy, Arella, Noga

And how about Alexis Morris (Baylor transfer PG), who is eligible in January 2020?

If she is as good as advertised and as she showed at Baylor in her freshman year, that is an incredibly talented and deep backcourt.

28 of 62 for 45% from 3 - boy; could we use that!

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT