ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers’ Greg Schiano can rake in bonuses before season’s end: How much?

Good for him. At this point he deserves whatever he earns.
Love how nj.com teases the story : "one of NJ's highest paid public employees"
like this is something unusual. We had a thread on this last year and I looked up the information and I believe it was either in 48 or 49 of the 50 states the highest paid public employee was either a FBS coach or a D1 basketball coach.

Glad to hear that because based on some of the posts on this site you would have thought we needed to set up a GoFundMe to help his family move from living under the Albany Street Bridge to a decent home.

like this is something unusual. We had a thread on this last year and I looked up the information and I believe it was either in 48 or 49 of the 50 states the highest paid public employee was either a FBS coach or a D1 basketball coach.
Yep.

Good for him . He’s not great , but he’s good enough for what were the dregs of major college football.
The program is dog$hit without him. There is enough evidence to support that . Pay the man his money

Glad to hear that because based on some of the posts on this site you would have thought we needed to set up a GoFundMe to help his family move from living under the Albany Street Bridge to a decent home.
agree

he's more than fairly compensated

I want to see 1-2 more years of this year and no more years of last year.

Reactions: Fat Koko
Imagine if we double his salary to $8 million next year what the NJ headline would be?

Reactions: colbert17
In this day of NIL, is a coach allowed to pay his players? Basically, would Schiano be allowed to then distribute his bonus if he chooses back to the players? Hey guys, here's $5K each!
Good question! Maybe some creative accounting

In this day of NIL, is a coach allowed to pay his players? Basically, would Schiano be allowed to then distribute his bonus if he chooses back to the players? Hey guys, here's $5K each!
I'm sure there's a way to do it... a round-about but perfectly legal and transparent way.

In fact, I would suggest that is a good investment for a coach.. for NEW and IMPROVED talent. Take $1M from that $4M.. get some matching funds from donors.. go buy some players. Soon you will have people saying they should be paying you $8M 😜

Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT