ADVERTISEMENT

rutgers adds Omari Grier, grad transfer from Bradley

Roster filled with Grier coming to the Banks and ( from another thread) Ryan Johnson leaving.
Welcome to the Banks Mr. Grier

The beatings will continue until morale improves. It takes a lot to be a RU MBB fan. Anyone think that we are doing anything more than treading water ?

Bringing in a 5th year senior on a young team is a good thing.

Did he get hurt last year? Why did he stop get minutes on a last place team in the MVC?

I hope Eddie knows what he is doing. Needs to be a youth movement and starting new.

Did he get hurt last year? Why did he stop get minutes on a last place team in the MVC?

I hope Eddie knows what he is doing. Needs to be a youth movement and starting new.

Played with a hip injury in the 2013-14 season , had surgery for it after that season and played the 2014-15 season.
As for not getting minutes, could be quickness and cutting ability affected and needed the season to completely recover that.
Rutgers is a fairly young team and adding someone with playing experience might be a good thing, especially for only one year
because of being a grad transfer .
When Omari leaves after the 2015-16 season , Nigel brings his experience to the back court..
Might not be as bad a move as some might think, the experience Gier brings might help this young RU team
seeing Bishop is the only experience hand at the guard position, that RU is counting on and the rest are freshman and sophs.

I agree Madhat, to me its a no brainer the alternative would have been probably leaving the scholarship open and be short handed yet again. Even if he plays for just a few minutes a game he still gives us a body and we lose nothing since the scholarship is still open next year.

Reactions: mfgiguy
Its a no brainer positive to me. Not predicting Grier to set the world on fire , but he is an experience Senior. RJ was likely our 11th guy. We have too many freshman. Now have another ship for next year.

Need an impact SF and SG and 1 big man

Will be interesting to see where RJ ends up-if juco route then safe to say academics was an issue. Would be a surprise if he lands at a higher than mid-major school. Best of luck to him anyway.

I would rather have had the Gordon kid personally if RU was taking a 1 year player.

Thy both have their positives and negatives.
Gordan was a starter at UMass and averaged just under 10 a game his two years there.
Grier was Bradley’s second-leading scorer and top 3-point shooter as a sophomore in 2013-14, playing though a hip injury and starting 27 games
The 2014-15 season wasn't a good one for Omari starting just 11 games and scoring just over 7 per game

ADVERTISEMENT