ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Alma Mater Will Now Play Twice a day in New Brunswick

Fortunately, its an abbreviated , instrumental version. I like it.

RU Husky,
Certainly having the instrumental version was the way to go. If not, the protestors representing the 247 versions of the alma mater would have had to build permanent structures on the streets of New Brunswick. LOL

RU Husky,
Certainly having the instrumental version was the way to go. If not, the protestors representing the 247 versions of the alma mater would have had to build permanent structures on the streets of New Brunswick. LOL
:smiley:

Love it!!!

Does anyone know what times ?

I might be wearing scarlet colored glasses ( well not might but do) I think our Alma Mater is a great and a catchy tune, original version. Just like getting the RU chant right I wish the student section would sing loud and proud when played pre-game. They always go right into the RU chant after the SSB. We could do just like other schools and have the fans in the stadium lock arms on each others shoulders and sway while singing it loudly.

Georgia does a great job. They have a single trumpet player while the team walks in and then they do it again in the stadium. The trumpet player goes to the highest part of the stadium and plays the first few notes and the whole crowd points at him and then sings in the stadium.

p1qun.jpg

DJ,
I just called the politically correct thought police. They will be taking you to one of their re-education "camps". Hope you have warm clothes with you--it is in someplace called Siberia.

Reactions: RUforester72
There's a bell that rings in a church near College Ave every hr 24hrs a day. 1 bell for each hr of the day. Used to drive me nuts when I lived on Union.

Love it!!!

I might be wearing scarlet colored glasses ( well not might but do) I think our Alma Mater is a great and a catchy tune, original version. Just like getting the RU chant right I wish the student section would sing loud and proud when played pre-game. They always go right into the RU chant after the SSB. We could do just like other schools and have the fans in the stadium lock arms on each others shoulders and sway while singing it loudly.

Georgia does a great job. They have a single trumpet player while the team walks in and then they do it again in the stadium. The trumpet player goes to the highest part of the stadium and plays the first few notes and the whole crowd points at him and then sings in the stadium.

That tune makes me think of the scene in American History X when Seth is singing in the van.

I love this. The bells at TCU's campus chapel played the alma mater every hour on the hour before the bells tolled the time. Of course, the TCU alma mater has about 24 notes. Total. Including the "T," the "C" and the "U."

Love it!!!

Noon and 6pm....any other suggestions ? We can make it happen

Any other suggestions we can make it happen......
Here's one:
A statue (duplicate of the one at the stadium) at the corner of College Ave & Senior st., in front of the barn annex.
At night two banks of xenon spotlights (one based nearby to each of the twin statues) shine into the sky, angled toward each other. The two beams of light meet over the Raritan, linking the birthplace and the current home of Rutgers football.

Here's one:
A statue (duplicate of the one at the stadium) at the corner of College Ave & Senior st., in front of the barn annex.
At night two banks of xenon spotlights (one based nearby to each of the twin statues) shine into the sky, angled toward each other. The two beams of light meet over the Raritan, linking the birthplace and the current home of Rutgers football.
Ok how much would that cost

I have no idea!
Granted, it's ambitious.
But the general idea is to symbolically link the actual birthplace to the stadium. That may possibly be achieved with less flash, I suppose.

How about this?
Historical Markers.
NJ has so much history, but very few historical markers. I'm constantly being alerted as I travel the other 49 states that a historical marker is 500 feet ahead on the side of the road.
Rutgers' campuses has a total of 1. It marks the site of Alexander Hamilton's cannon battery. How about historical markers at various sites on and off campus?
1. Birthplace of college football.
2. Lab where Waksman & his grad student discovered Streptomycin.
3. Former location of Sign of The Red Lion Tavern.
4. Joyce Kilmer home.
5. Etc.

I'm offended that you called it Alma mater. Mater, of course, is latin for mother.

It's fine for other universities to call their songs Alma mater. But in the spirit of continuance of Rutgers' self enslavement to an outrageously acute sense of political correctness, it would be sexist to call it Alma mater at rutgers. We have an Alma parentis aut custos.

ADVERTISEMENT