ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers also recruiting Myles Powell......

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Per Zags.....Powel is 6'1" Shooting Guard from Trenton who is transferring from Trenton Catholic to South Kent Academy in CT.

Schools recruiting him currently are: Rutgers; Seton Hall; Marquette; Cincy; K State and DePaul.

Interesting player. Great shooter. About 6 0-61. The only thing that keeps HM from swarming this kind of player is his movement. He is 170 but plays like hes 190. Not super fast. If we don't land, it is okay.

I say this because a 6 1, you're going to have trouble playing sg if you don't move well or aren't tall enough. At pg, you need to be a lot faster than this kid is. All the best to him. Great shooter. Just very interesting player.

I say this because a 6 1, you're going to have trouble playing sg if you don't move well or aren't tall enough. At pg, you need to be a lot faster than this kid is. All the best to him. Great shooter. Just very interesting player.

Some other recruiting services have him listed at 5' 11"...which is very short for a shooting guard (you usually guard the opposing shooting guard...almost all which will be taller, some a lot taller).

While this might change his Senior year, he barely averaged 0.5 assists per game...which is low for any player, including a shooting guard as one generally gets an assist or 2 by just the flow of the game.

He really needs to improve his ball handling/passing at his new school for his Senior Year...as he has to be at least a threat to pass for a short shooting guard.

Some other recruiting services have him listed at 5' 11"...which is very short for a shooting guard (you usually guard the opposing shooting guard...almost all which will be taller, some a lot taller).

While this might change his Senior year, he barely averaged 0.5 assists per game...which is low for any player, including a shooting guard as one generally gets an assist or 2 by just the flow of the game.

He really needs to improve his ball handling/passing at his new school for his Senior Year...as he has to be at least a threat to pass for a short shooting guard.

That' what I am saying. Just isn't tall/lengthy enough and he doesn't mask those things with speed either. It is rare for a 511 shooting guard to succeed at the next level. MP would best suit himself if he transitioned to pg.

Interesting player. Great shooter. About 6 0-61. The only thing that keeps HM from swarming this kind of player is his movement. He is 170 but plays like hes 190. Not super fast. If we don't land, it is okay.

That is a solid offer list and that is a sweet stroke. Glad our hat is in the ring.

I would hope that future shooting guards are at least 6'3" in height so that Rutgers can match up better against B1G guards.Undersized players in basketball won't work any better than in football against top level competition.

2016 SG Myles Powell is down to UConn, Pittsburgh, Georgetown, DePaul, VCU, Seton Hall, Georgia Tech & St. Joseph's, reports @GoodmanESPN.

Powell could be a good player. Has to drop some weight though.Best to him.

ADVERTISEMENT