ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football enters Ohio State game week as 18.5pt underdogs

I think it is very good. I think it’s capable of strangling our offense which isn’t too potent and relies heavily on a ground game. Their offense isn’t as good though and can struggle and is still inconsistent at times. Right now McCord isn’t as good as Stroud.

So it has the potential to be an “ugly” type of game and imo that’s a more preferable fight to one where their offense is extremely productive and potent and can run us out of the building. It doesn’t mean a lopsided score isn’t still possible but the chances are better imo with one type of matchup vs another.
I was thinking that Michigan was the sure fire winner in the East - a few weeks back - but might have to switch to OSU now, especially after what they did to PSU. That OSU defense absolutely shut down PSU - except for some garbage time points and yardage. And that's a real solid PSU team.

Michigan? Just hard to predict them right now as they have probably have the easiest schedule - so far - in the top 10 or 15 rankings. That PSU-Michigan game in a couple of weeks will tell us a lot.

Last edited:
RU will not be able to cover Harrison with 1 guy and even if they double/bracket him for most of the game. it leaves a lot of 1 on 1 matchups elsewhere. It will be difficult for RU to run the ball. The matchup is more favorable than it has been since RU has been in the B1G, that doesn’t mean the game will be that close in the end.

RU will not be able to cover Harrison with 1 guy and even if they double/bracket him for most of the game. it leaves a lot of 1 on 1 matchups elsewhere. It will be difficult for RU to run the ball. The matchup is more favorable than it has been since RU has been in the B1G, that doesn’t mean the game will be that close in the end.
We need to put pressure on the QB more than need to shut down Harrison

tOSU’s RB Henderson is a beast and is impossible to contain
That OSU offense has been hampered by MAJOR injuries the last few weeks and unfortunately for Rutgers, it looks like they'll all be back this week. Everyone talks about Harrison - and rightly so - but WR Egbuka is also projected in the 1st round in many 2024 drafts and he'll return this week after missing the last 3 weeks. RB Henderson also returned last week and we saw the results.

But at this point, Rutgers just has to be competitive with OSU and keep it somewhat close (15 to 20 points) and win the remaining games they're supposed to win and they'll be in a bowl game. A huge accomplishment for Schiano and the program

That OSU offense has been hampered by MAJOR injuries the last few weeks and unfortunately for Rutgers, it looks like they'll all be back this week. Everyone talks about Harrison - and rightly so - but WR Egbuka is also projected in the 1st round in many 2024 drafts and he'll return this week after missing the last 3 weeks. RB Henderson also returned last week and we saw the results.

But at this point, Rutgers just has to be competitive with OSU and keep it somewhat close (15 to 20 points) and win the remaining games they're supposed to win and they'll be in a bowl game. A huge accomplishment for Schiano and the program

I gave the points based on OSU getting as healthy as they’ve been all season

Reactions: Zamaneta
And we usually don’t get to the QB unless it’s a blitz.

This is a tough matchup . Ohio state is a legit NC contender
Getting pressure in this case may be easier as we don't really have to worry about him running too much. I would assume we see 1/4/10 in the backfield plenty of times during this game.

We need to put pressure on the QB more than need to shut down Harrison
Well, we are in luck!!!

My goodness is Mo jacked. He has put on a little bit of muscle:

screen-shot-2018-08-09-at-94359-ampng-a04e44373bf64fe6.png

Reactions: Rokodesh

There were a legit contender last year too and had UGA on the ropes but their defense couldn’t hold up.

It’s just a different style of team this year.

Why would you say that? Melton has been on an island most of the season and you rarely hear his name.
He has quietly shut down most guys he has been against
Melton has been getting beat an awful lot this season. I don't want to risk that against the best WR in the country.

This is the worst overall Ohio State team in the last 6-7 years. Maybe because of injuries to offensive personnel , which remarkably are all healthy to play this week , and some inconsistent QB play from McCord in his first year , their offensive numbers are about 15 points less than the last 6-7 years. Their defense does appear to be better both against the run and pass but they do allow yards and have a bend but don’t break quality to them and they become elite defensively when you get close to the red zone. But they are not a shut down defense like the Georgia or Alabama recent vintages. Might be better than Michigan but not sure either. They might lose to Michigan and be out of the NC race as well.

They are still a lot more talented than Rutgers but we have solid units on offense , defense and special teams something we have never had since we started playing them. Thinking our defense stacks up side by side with their defense , so we will see

Melton has been getting beat an awful lot this season. I don't want to risk that against the best WR in the country.
It is a bit deceptive when you are 1:1 against the other team’s top WR.
I think our team is up near the best in college football for giving up +20 and +40 yard plays.
Can’t be getting beat too often.

Reactions: TRU2RU
This is the worst overall Ohio State team in the last 6-7 years.
We disagree bigtime here. It's starts with their rock solid defense - something they've been missing for over a decade,,,,,maybe longer. Urban Meyer has even stated that this might be their best overall team going back to his NC team in 2015. keep in mind, they get all of those injured offensive stars back this weekend.

Ask any OSU fan over the last 3 years or so about their offense and it was lights out. Unfortunately, they could build leads but because of their shitty defenses, couldn't hold on to them. Heck, they had a 14-p0int, 4th quarter lead against Georgia in the Playoffs last year and once again, their defense collapsed.....losing 42-41.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT