ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Free Agency tracker

jay_hq

All American
Apr 24, 2010
So far...

Kevin Snyder signed by the Detroit Lions.
Andrew Turzelli signed by the Tennessee Titans.
Kaleb Johnson signed by the Baltimore Ravens. (thanks rondi)

Noteworthy:

Betim Bujari will tryout at the Jets rookie minicamp.
Lorenzo Waters will tryout at the Browns rookie minicamp.
Gary Nova will tryout at the Giants rookie minicamp.
Gareef Glashen will tryout at the Cleveland Browns minicamp.

Last edited:
Giants should have taken Johnson instead of that WR probably another ramses barden bust

Non-Rutgers guys with Rutgers connections (former commits, etc):

Malcolm Bunche, OT, UCLA to the Eagles
Josue Matias, OT, FSU to the Titans

Not a chance - some people have short memories, what about Nova says he could be even a backup in the NFL
that's why he's been invited to rookie camp. Some people just don't seem to be able to understand the transition of play. Nova had 4 different OCs in his career, and he still managed to break a few of Teel's records.

Put him in the right system, with good blockers in front of him and there's no reason he can't be successful at the pro level

that's why he's been invited to rookie camp. Some people just don't seem to be able to understand the transition of play. Nova had 4 different OCs in his career, and he still managed to break a few of Teel's records.

Put him in the right system, with good blockers in front of him and there's no reason he can't be successful at the pro level
Main reason is his decision-making process, which belied his good arm and decent footwork. Good mental decision-making is a key component for transitioning into a NFL-level QB. After starting for 3.5 yrs in college, Nova still had his WTF are you thinking moments in college. That's why he wasn't drafted, nor signed. I wish him the best and would love it if my Giants signed him and invited him to preseason camp.

And the multiple OC excuse is lame. How many OCs did Savage have between RU, Arizona and Pitt? He went in the 2-3rd round because he had a gun, could read defenses and make good decisions (on the field).

Last edited:
I'm not a Giants fan but I really, really hope Gary catches on and sees action ASAP

Because we all know how well he performs in games fans consider the most important

33_xlarge.png

Main reason is his decision-making process, which belied his good arm and decent footwork. Good mental decision-making is a key component for transitioning into a NFL-level QB. After starting for 3.5 yrs in college, Nova still had his WTF are you thinking moments in college. That's why he wasn't drafted, nor signed. I wish him the best and would love it if my Giants signed him and invited him to preseason camp.

And the multiple OC excuse is lame. How many OCs did Savage have between RU, Arizona and Pitt? He went in the 2-3rd round because he had a gun, could read defenses and make good decisions (on the field).

Hey- I don't know if Gary makes it but he did enough to get a shot. Comparing him to Savage when talking OC's is stupid too. Gary and Savage had nearly the same Sr seasons but the real reason Savage goes above Nova is 6'5, 240 vs 6'2(barely) 220.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT