ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers HS Prospect Murdered

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
"It's tough, it's a heartbreaker for me, a real emotional time," said Brown. "You push every kid to succeed, but the environment is something you can't control. It's devastating for the entire Camden community. He was such a humble kid, it's such a sad day.

Link---> RutgersProspectMurdered

Terrible story.

Unfortunately its hard to say he was at the wrong place at the wrong time when it occurred at 12:25am in Camden.

These are the stories that need to be publicized. The violence in the inner cities is a tragedy. The way to galvanize mass support is through horrible stories like this and the one in Paterson. People all can rally around promising young men who have lost their lives in such tragic fashion. Rather than the divisive white cop vs black teen narrative.

Reactions: RP78
Terrible story.

Unfortunately its hard to say he was at the wrong place at the wrong time when it occurred at 12:25am in Camden.

??? What do you mean by that? So if you are out at 12:25am? Its ok tomget shot? He was supposedly walking with a friend and shot in the back. It totally was wrong place at the wrong time.

??? What do you mean by that? So if you are out at 12:25am? Its ok tomget shot? He was supposedly walking with a friend and shot in the back. It totally was wrong place at the wrong time.

If you think that there isn't a difference between you being out at 12:25am in your current residence and Camden, NJ, you are either clueless about Camden, NJ or in a very bad living situation.

If you think that there isn't a difference between you being out at 12:25am in your current residence and Camden, NJ, you are either clueless about Camden, NJ or in a very bad living situation.

If you think there is a difference vet

If you think there is a difference between him being out in Camden at 12:25am or 12:25pm you are clueless about Camden.

Based on this what you are saying he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, am I mistaken? Your earlier post said this isn't a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yes and switching to a personal attack always the strategy of internet bullies, well done.

Camden is warzone 24/7. I grew up near there and hated going to high school track meets, because I was scared.

20/20 did a special on Camden, NJ 2 years ago. One of the places kids go after school for safe play and supervision is an abandon water tower. The local town watch put in swing sets and poured sand floors for the kids to safely play without the fear of random bullets, no one deserves that kind of upbringing

"It's tough, it's a heartbreaker for me, a real emotional time," said Brown. "You push every kid to succeed, but the environment is something you can't control. It's devastating for the entire Camden community. He was such a humble kid, it's such a sad day.

Link---> RutgersProspectMurdered

Good choice for the Mods to delete this story and it's attention grabbing headline from the Premium board. This story has nothing to do with Rutgers. If a guy who applied to Rutgers is killed, does it warrant a headline of Incoming Rutgers Student Murdered ?

This topic title is straight from the NJ dot com school of journalism....hopefully, it gets deleted as well with this bump.

Last edited:
These are the stories that need to be publicized. The violence in the inner cities is a tragedy. The way to galvanize mass support is through horrible stories like this and the one in Paterson. People all can rally around promising young men who have lost their lives in such tragic fashion. Rather than the divisive white cop vs black teen narrative.
Agree. But, will the press take up the cause?

It's such a sad tragedy. So many tragedies happen everyday, in areas just like Camden, nationwide. It's heartbreaking

Very sad. I Agree with Choppin that bringing RU into this story is silly. The headline should be High School Football Player Murdered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT