ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Jerseys--Numbers 4,7,14,20,44,27,56,1,88,17,34

Last edited:
44 D'Imperio
1 Grant

1 is not Grant. It is an old style jersey, that they have sold since the Schiano era began. Orr was the player wearing #1 the first few years it was sold. Pretty sure #23 was the first number for a star player to be sold.

Bruce Presley #44, wore #43 at Highland Park H.S., Malik Jackson had #43 at RU. Bought my replica #44 jersey in 1991 or 92 from Steve at Scarlet Fever.

Ronnie Allen #1

Reactions: MrWise
1 is not Grant. It is an old style jersey, that they have sold since the Schiano era began. Orr was the player wearing #1 the first few years it was sold. Pretty sure #23 was the first number for a star player to be sold.

For most fans looking at the jersey # 1 is the player wearing it today: Grant

For most fans looking at the jersey # 1 is the player wearing it today: Grant

Here's a photo of me wearing the No. 1 jersey at the Louisville game in 2006. After the game, several people told me it was so cool that I was wearing an Ito jersey. I didn't tell them I bought it when Orr was still playing. [winking]

485561986107_0_BG1_edited.jpg

I actually have a Rutgers #13 Ryan Hart jersey,but as some of you have heard,the Pinelands air shrinks clothes as the years go on.

What Rutgers player wore #17 for the 1922 Milwaukee Badgers of the American Professional Football League (named the NFL the next season)?

And RUClassof67 wins this evening's prize. Paul Robeson wore #17 in 1922 and the year before wore #21 for the 1921 Akron Pros.

Without looking it up,name the current Rutgers players,their team names, and jersey numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT