ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Law - Camden vs Newark

bostonknight11

Freshman
Sep 13, 2012
Hi everyone, just curious if there are any Rutgers Law alumni, students or employees on the board. I'm trying to decide between the two schools, and wanted to find any info about the schools' reputations, staffs, campuses, placement, etc.

I know they're merging, though I'm not entirely sure what that means. Regardless, I assume employers will still generally associate students with the campus they attended for the next several years.

Anyway, I'm all ears and would appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Yes, the two schools are merging as of July 1. That means they will have a common first-year curriculum; that there is a high-tech classroom in which students from both campuses can have a common course and that admissions will be under a single roof; that there will be a common career placement office, and that the degree will be from the Rutgers University School of Law no matter which campus someone attends. Traditionally, the Newark school was more interested than Camden in admitting minorities and in public service, while Camden was more interested in faculty research and scholarship. These differences are ebbing. So I think it mostly depends on whether you want to be in the New York area or the Philadelphia area.

Reactions: bostonknight11
Yes, the two schools are merging as of July 1. That means they will have a common first-year curriculum; that there is a high-tech classroom in which students from both campuses can have a common course and that admissions will be under a single roof; that there will be a common career placement office, and that the degree will be from the Rutgers University School of Law no matter which campus someone attends. Traditionally, the Newark school was more interested than Camden in admitting minorities and in public service, while Camden was more interested in faculty research and scholarship. These differences are ebbing. So I think it mostly depends on whether you want to be in the New York area or the Philadelphia area.

Thank you! I take it that you teach at the Camden campus?

Go to both campuses - get the tour - talk to people. Probably the best thing you can do at this point. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

ADVERTISEMENT