ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Men’s Basketball Announces 2023-24 Schedule

None of us have to like it but you preposterously continue to insist it's part of some grand plan by the conference to hurt Rutgers.
Preposterous?
How about the B1G bending over backwards to accommodate Tom Izzo to accommodate Tom Izzo?

Or how about RU has to go this more than any other team?

So is it far to say RU is treated differently than ever other team but it’s not a conspiracy. Inquiring minds want to know.

Or how about the home game this year RU gets? Oh wait the Conference hasn’t even entered a new contract?

Did you watch the OSU officiating last year? Think that happens against Izzo? Indiana? Michigan?

Please preposterous?? Really?
But just to be sure for Shill and others just for the record complaining is okay but commenting on complaints is bad?
What do you think this is a message/discussion board? My God!

Last edited:
Like it. Oh, and can't wait until the RAC is renovated, particularly the exterior. For now, we have to work with it and love it.

381175351_887266726098962_9137731492414857668_n.jpg

It was one of the best shows ever on TV and its lead actor played one of the most iconic roles in the history of television and happened to be an RU alum and huge RU sports fan. I think most people are smart enough to be able to separate out the content of the show from the people who were actors playing roles on that show.
Well said. It's a shame he isn't alive to enjoy it bc I'm sure he would absolutely love it

Is Andy trying to tell us that he thinks Purdue and Michigan State are the 2 top dogs in the league this year? I think I would replace the Purdue Northwestern Dec 1 game with our game with Purdue at the end of January

Preposterous?
How about the B1G bending over backwards to accommodate Tom Izzo to accommodate Tom Izzo?

You don't think Izzo is going to complain about playing both Indiana schools (Purdue and Indiana) on the road only. Purdue and IU are likely going to be two of the top three or four highest rated teams in the league this preseason. Think Izzo wouldn't want one of those at home?

And when/if he does complain about it it will sound as silly as us complaining.

Anyone have any idea when we will start hearing what the TV broadcasts are?

I’m out of town (in SEC country) for the BU game and the football game at Iowa.
I’m guessing the B1G Network might be harder to come by down there.

Until they all come true?
It’s not like OSU didn’t cost us an NCAA bid last year? Oh wait it did.
MSU and Izzo don’t go to the RAC for two years? Hmmmmm. Nothing to see here.
Is RU making up that MSG game this year? Nope… Maybe in the future! Keep waiting. Hasn’t formally been rescheduled has it? Nothing to see here.
Since you are so brilliant why not protect RU v PSU rather than RU v Maryland? Who have we played more often over the decades? PSU down know and we don’t play them. Nothing to see here.
Name me the other school in the B1G that has given up as many home games to the Garden as RU? Nothing to see here
Let’s also at the last five games of the schedule every year since we have been admitted into the league. Let me know when we have ever had an advantage. How many years? I’ll await your response backed up by your stats.

Nonsense? Really? SMH
The Garden game last year was one of the best games and most noticed games we played
Well done by RU

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Preposterous?

Or how about RU has to go this more than any other team?

So is it far to say RU is treated differently than ever other team but it’s not a conspiracy. Inquiring minds want to know.

Or how about the home game this year RU gets? Oh wait the Conference hasn’t even entered a new contract?

Did you watch the OSU officiating last year? Think that happens against Izzo? Indiana? Michigan?

Please preposterous?? Really?
But just to be sure for Shill and others just for the record complaining is okay but commenting on complaints is bad?
What do you think this is a message/discussion board? My God!
You actually believe the conference was behind the botched OSU call?

B1G didn’t accommodate Izzo at the expense of Rutgers? That’s crazy talk!!
Can you imagine the B1G telling Izzo you are going to play Rutgers at Little Caesar’s Arena.
Then the B1G will schedule the game at the time least likely and most inconvenient to get the most possible fans and students. That’s nutty. They would never do that.
Then you are going to play RU at the RAC in the same year.
Then the next year your one game against RU will be at the RAC.
And don’t worry Tom the B1G will make it up to you maybe a couple of years from now.
That would never happen…
Oh wait B1G higher ups did that. SMH.

B1G didn’t accommodate Izzo at the expense of Rutgers? That’s crazy talk!!
Can you imagine the B1G telling Izzo you are going to play Rutgers at Little Caesar’s Arena.
Then the B1G will schedule the game at the time least likely and most inconvenient to get the most possible fans and students. That’s nutty. They would never do that.
Then you are going to play RU at the RAC in the same year.
Then the next year your one game against RU will be at the RAC.
And don’t worry Tom the B1G will make it up to you maybe a couple of years from now.
That would never happen…
Oh wait B1G higher ups did that. SMH.
You still don't understand and clearly never will. You're a fan and you clearly care so I'll leave you alone.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Devils are playing at 7pm so noon is likely the time.

Where is everyone going between games?

Lots of options nearby in walking distance by the Arena or across 21 into the Ironbound.

Very close to Pru Center :
Redds Biergarten ( bar with German brews too)
American Whiskey (bar/grill)
Hobby’s Deli (Old school Jewish deli)
Mercato Tomato Pie (pizza and beers)

Across 21 into the Ironbound
Bellos Pub, opens around 3pm, I’m pretty sure the owner is a RU guy

Lots of restaurants/bars in the Ironbound including Fornos, Don Pepe, Mompou, Sagres Bar, etc

Also McGoverns Irish Tavern near Rutgers Newark

@IL Lusciato should have other suggestions

Will admit I was wrong on the Purdue-RU being on CBS as a lead in to the AFC Championship game. At least it's on FOX.

Barring a run to the Big Ten semis, 23-24 will mark the 33rd straight season without a Rutgers men's basketball on CBS. CBS only want the same old matchups again and again, sadly.

Will admit I was wrong on the Purdue-RU being on CBS as a lead in to the AFC Championship game. At least it's on FOX.

Barring a run to the Big Ten semis, 23-24 will mark the 33rd straight season without a Rutgers men's basketball on CBS. CBS only want the same old matchups again and again, sadly.
I'd imagine if we get Dylan to go along with Ace then they might want to broadcast a Rutgers game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT