ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball RUTGERS-OHIO STATE GAME THREAD

or we just play defense. We gave up 45 points in the first half. That is obviously way too many. Held them to 27 In second half. We gave it away in first half because we couldn’t stop them. Offense wasn’t horrible pretty standard for us

We’re playing the same defense it’s just when we play athletic teams geo and Paul get blown by on defense and we are forced to over help and it leads to wide open 3s. Sometimes we over help too much.

Are all fan bases as fickle as Rutgers? I don't go on other sites, but some of you make it hard to read these boards. Wrestling is even worse than BBall. We have young teams and the future looks bright. Relax and enjoy the ride. I doubt many of you thought our Men's BBall team would do as well as it has.

I know you are all going to grown when I say this but 75% of our minutes are played by a freshman and four sophomores. We have one junior and he is the guy who gets it done in crunch time for us. These close losses are all expected on the road even a couple home games. You just hope we can figure it out prior to next season.

Are all fan bases as fickle as Rutgers? I don't go on other sites, but some of you make it hard to read these boards. Wrestling is even worse than BBall. We have young teams and the future looks bright. Relax and enjoy the ride. I doubt many of you thought our Men's BBall team would do as well as it has.

Yeah, I'd say just about every other fan base acts the same way. And some of the other schools with larger fan bases are A LOT worse

or we just play defense. We gave up 45 points in the first half. That is obviously way too many. Held them to 27 In second half. We gave it away in first half because we couldn’t stop them. Offense wasn’t horrible pretty standard for us

and.....what I want to see is Pike stop waiting till halftime to make his adjustments and points. Clearly somebody told PM to shoot the freaking ball pre-game.
Point was clearly made (again) to Young.
What is being said to Miles and Harper of late?

Whether it is the team, or officials, or freakin team managers... this is a HUGE opportunity. You cannot frack it up now. There' no RAC crowd away to clap to. He needs to challenge this team over the finish line.
I lovehow he sat the guys at half. He needs to tell them they will get to the bench or early or even lose their spots if they don't get thier crap together. He's the one who said best players play.

we are playing passive on the road. Mike De Courcy pointed out during the Michigan game we got off to a slow start and played it like a road game. We continue to not bring the needed energy on the road at the start of games. Besides the Illinois game which I think we actually did trail early before going on a run, we have dug pretty big holes in the first half and then make a run toward halftime. We did the same today except the last 45 seconds, we blinked and didnt play D

it should have been 39-30 and we would have been fine. Look our offense was pretty bad but its our defense that caused this loss..it was deplorable for RU standards....45 to OSU..you are kidding me

Offensively I think we just shot the best from 3 we have all year and pretty close if not the best from the FT line though.

we are playing passive on the road. Mike De Courcy pointed out during the Michigan game we got off to a slow start and played it like a road game. We continue to not bring the needed energy on the road at the start of games. Besides the Illinois game which I think we actually did trail early before going on a run, we have dug pretty big holes in the first half and then make a run toward halftime. We did the same today except the last 45 seconds, we blinked and didnt play D

Shon Morris say it. "ohio State is 1 step faster tonight". Not the first time I'vre seen it lately which is why rebounding has shrunk. Even Nebby and NW was faster at the RAC last 2 games until panic time.

Just like I said at halftime when this live thread is unreadable with over the top negativity, we always come back. Close again but need that win

And bac people keep saying it's hard for us to get blown out bc we are... Not sure why you were trying to brag about being wrong about this. You were wrong again this game too. Wrong every time so far in this one. A game where multiple players didnt play well and we still are in it at the end.... again

and yet we lost, thats the bottom line...that actually is all that matters...we are 1-8 on the road, it doesnt matter that we cut a 20 point lead to 3 and lost...remember Purdue was down 17 to us and cut it to 3...all that matters is who wins

Think we need to adjust and defend the three better earlier. We seem to get demoralized when our opponents make 3s like free throws.[/QUOTE]

welll its their own fault, we are literally leaving guys wide open on consecutive possessions,they have no one to blame but themselves..its gone on for several games now and its not changing

and yet we lost, thats the bottom line...that actually is all that matters...we are 1-8 on the road, it doesnt matter that we cut a 20 point lead to 3 and lost...remember Purdue was down 17 to us and cut it to 3...all that matters is who wins
Agreed. I never said otherwise. This was in response to YOUR post on the topic lol go find it if you cant remember

Against Michigan we got out to a 12-7 lead. We got down 13-12 and then Paul Geo and Mulcahy played together - went down 20-14 by next sub.

Started the second half down 3, we went up 1 by first tv timeout. Geo and young came in we went down 3, then Paul came in to join them and Michigan stretched the lead to 9 in two minutes and Pike subbed them out.

Baker is a 3rd yr starting guard.
Miles is a 3rd yr soph.
Yebola is a 5th yr senior.
Harper and Tez are 2nd year Starters.
Carter is 4th year transfer.
Mac is 2nd yr player.
Young is 4th year Jr.

Young my a$$. (sorry, that's BS)

Screw the future. We've been waiting FOREVER and there are ZERO guarantees for next year. Maybe nobody is so used to losing and making excuses like Rutgers fans. You start NOW. It is right there for you.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
w
Against Michigan we got out to a 12-7 lead. We got down 13-12 and then Paul Geo and Mulcahy okayed together - went down 20-14 by next sub.

Started the second half down 3, we went up 1 by first tv timeout. Geo and young came in we went down 3, then Paul came in to join them and Michigan stretched the lead to 9 in two minutes and Pike subbed them out.

I agree with you there needs to be flexibility in the lineup and combos. Pike has been slow to adjust to what he needs to go with in the homestretch. However Paul proved alot today and we need to see alot more of him going forward and there are two no shows today who will lose minutes

The second one we didn’t get back on d. When geo penetrated we needed other people to get back and they didn’t which resulted in a secondary break 3. We were a little slow footed I the first half and it cost us.

w

I agree with you there needs to be flexibility in the lineup and combos. Pike has been slow to adjust to what he needs to go with in the homestretch. However Paul proved alot today and we need to see alot more of him going forward and there are two no shows today who will lose minutes

Buddy just went back and looked at Michigan and Maryland - we seem to do well with Paul and Tez in and not so great when Geo comes on

Baker is a 3rd yr starting guard.
Miles is a 3rd yr soph.
Yebola is a 5th yr senior.
Harper and Tez are 2nd year Starters.
Carter is 4th year transfer.
Mac is 2nd yr player.
Young is 4th year Jr.

Young my a$$. (sorry, that's BS)

Screw the future. We've been waiting FOREVER and there are ZERO guarantees for next year. Maybe nobody is so used to losing and making excuses like Rutgers fans. You start NOW. It is right there for you.
We are actually young

If you did not see a distinctive difference in effort between the first and second half I don't know what to tell you. Why do you think Pike started four subs in the second half? It was not always pretty but they played with more passion.

We have the 240th roster in terms of experience. Next year I agree. We have 4 sophomores and a freshman getting major minutes.
yes sir. That's the stat. But there's age, maturity, practice. coaching, development that never gets counted. That's why some guys who have hardly played just show up for their senior or junior season.
I mean all these years playing college BBall whether sitting out, being somewhere else has to count for something.
Plus tell me how this relates to Major Conf. ball. Cause all these kids playing lower level stay all 4 years and cound against this stat. How many of these non-power conf. kids drive that "exprience" number?

yes sir. That's the stat. But there's age, maturity, practice. coaching, development that never gets counted. That's why some guys who have hardly played just show up for their senior or junior season.
I mean all these years playing college BBall whether sitting out, being somewhere else has to count for something.
Plus tell me how this relates to Major Conf. ball. Cause all these kids playing lower level stay all 4 years and cound against this stat. How many of these non-power conf. kids drive that "exprience" number?
I think the kids we recruit are less experienced coming out of high school than the kids that go to the powerhouses. We are catching up from the getgo

The second one we didn’t get back on d. When geo penetrated we needed other people to get back and they didn’t which resulted in a secondary break 3. We were a little slow footed I the first half and it cost us.
I am not sure they knew what time was on the clock.. Geo seemed to waste time for 1 shot when there was much more time than 1 shot would use... I think guys were caught off-balance by that... not that they should have.. damn shame the foul for Geo was not called.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
Give the guys credit for hanging in. Let's keep the home streak going.
Not a chance. We are not showing up. You cannot get off the BUS with 12 minutes left in the game. You need to show up 2 hours before the game.....too many are just going thru the motions. Your GO TO players need to play like the GO TO players. Sorry not into participation trophies

We lost this game simply put on the defensive end ...can’t let a team get off 25 three balls in the first 28-30 minutes and expect to be in the game

It’s not a conscience that they only got one off in the last 10 minutes and a 20 point deficit was cut to 3

We might be young on paper, but this is game# 25 and the pattern is always the same on the road. We've already proven that, but have we learned anything, CS included ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT