ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers receives nearly $500K from U.S. to build technology park

So is this what was in the master plan? The technology park that is supposed to connect Bush and Livingston?

So is this what was in the master plan? The technology park that is supposed to connect Bush and Livingston?
Yes - the description would seem to match that.

I mean it wont REALLY connect Livingston and Busch in a meaningful way since the northeast edge of Busch is pretty sparse and there is a major highway interchange in the way, but it will connect it in at least a superficial way - which was the plan from the time t hey built livington

I don't think the intent is to merge the campuses. I think the intent is to use the old Avenue E alignment as a roadway for buses and bicycles to provide another connecting roadway between the campuses.

2iqg594.jpg

I don't think the intent is to merge the campuses. I think the intent is to use the old Avenue E alignment as a roadway for buses and bicycles to provide another connecting roadway between the campuses.

2iqg594.jpg
Just an observation / clarification:
It's not the old Avenue E alignment. I know it's been described as a former roadway location, closed for Rt. 18, but it's actually a different right of way where the steam loop runs. If there was ever a road there it was before 1983 when I showed up.

Avenue E has always fed into Davidson Road.

Just an observation / clarification:
It's not the old Avenue E alignment. I know it's been described as a former roadway location, closed for Rt. 18, but it's actually a different right of way where the steam loop runs. If there was ever a road there it was before 1983 when I showed up.

Avenue E has always fed into Davidson Road.

Thanks for the clarification. Looking at old maps of the Livingston (Kilmer) Campus and Camp Kilmer, it doesn't look like this right-of-way was ever actually a road.

http://mapmaker.rutgers.edu/HISTORICALMAPS/KilmerCampus_1973.jpg
http://mapmaker.rutgers.edu/HISTORICALMAPS/Kilmer_big.png

Hey guys, recent RU grad here. By looking at that sketch, I'd definitely say that new bus route between Livi and Busch would be a lot better. It would help connect to two campuses and you avoid Rt. 18.

One of the side benefits of this is it greatly reduces the walking distance and simplifies the route between HPSS and RAC parking.

Think of it this way, it's a perfect distance between our brand new state-of-the-art business school and our world class engineering school. Seems like a perfect place to place and great forward-thinking by Rutgers. The fact that the Avenue E alignment will allow the buses to bypass the Rt 18 overpass is just a cherry on top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT